Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount (1196 Views)

A Duplex Of 4 Luxurious Bedrooms For Sale At Amuwo Odofin, Lagos / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria / My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by donhils: 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2017
So my mom's younger brother who lives in Germany called last 2 weeks and was talking about starting a building project in the village. The proposed project is a 6 bedroom duplex and he said he had made all the necessary enquiry and came to the conclusion that N6.3m (Six million and three hundred thousand naira) is able to start, build , complete and roof the house; according to him, many of his (imaginary)friends have built with that amount and some with even lesser amounts.
Now the house is in the village (I said that before) so land is available for free; there blocks big enough to complete the ground floor but that's all. After decking, all the blocks for the 1st floor would be bought.
The contractor that will handle the work have put his own price at N1.8m (One Million and eight hundred thousand naira only) for workmanship, in this part I don't even know whether the N6.3m will cover the contractor's money or it will be separate but whichever way.....
As it is now, I don't know what to tell him so I'll need your opinion(s) and it doesn't necessarily mean you must be an expert to have a reasonable opinion because in one way or another most of you have been involved in building projects directly or indirectly.
Do you think the amount is realistic or a wild goose chase?
Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by def111(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
Let me chill here for a while and see what people will say,
Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by Prince202020(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
Car gurus come chuck mouth for this matter.
Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by phrancys001(m): 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2017
6M+ naira it's a budget for a 4 bedroom bungalow, don't even think of involving yourself before he starts accusing U of embezzlement and asking U to come swear before the okuku shrine of una village,everyone knows how high priced building materials is at d moment,imagine someone budgeting 6M naira for duplex does he think we are still in buhari first regime of 1984 years ago? When it's not like he is building all wooden duplex as seen on makoko riverside.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by swazpedro(m): 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
your uncle wants to build a carton house, but let him start first it can build up to roofing but tiling and other things he might need more than that
Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by phorget(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2017
Lol, ur uncle must be the next best thing to happen to the comedy world. Tell him to get registered with the likes of Gordons for a proper audition ... thank u.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by donhils: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
swazpedro:
your uncle wants to build a carton house, [/b]but let him start first it can build up to roofing[b] but tiling and other things he might need more than that
Are you sure? How did you come to that conclusion?
Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by donhils: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
phorget:
Lol, ur uncle must be the next best thing to happen to the comedy world. Tell him to get registered with the likes of Gordons for a proper audition ... thank u.
Lol
Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by donhils: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
phrancys001:
[/b]6M+ naira it's a budget for a 4 bedroom bungalow[b], don't even think of involving yourself before he starts accusing U of embezzlement and asking U to come swear before the okuku shrine of una village,everyone knows how high priced building materials is at d moment,imagine someone budgeting 6M naira for duplex does he think we are still in buhari first regime of 1984 years ago? When it's not like he is building all wooden duplex as seen on makoko riverside.
Exactly
Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by mufutau55(m): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
NO. That money will not complete a Duplex even in the village...

The don't make Cement in the village
They don't make iron rods for all pillars and decking in the village
Other building materials are not made in the village
Cost of decking alone not be joke o.

From the above I am hoping you get my point... Even for a 4 bedrooms bungalow, it will be a minimal finishing.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by twinskenny(m): 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2017
mufutau55:
NO. That money will not complete a Duplex even in the village...

The don't make Cement in the village
They don't make iron rods for all pillars and decking in the village
Other building materials are not made in the village
Cost of decking alone not be joke o.

From the above I am hoping you get my point... Even for a 4 bedrooms bungalow, it will be a minimal finishing.

Hajji M.

Some friend can mislead ooo one said send me a message about prices of cable he got from his friend.. i was just laughing
Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by nagod5(m): 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2017
Lands @ good location 4 sale
1100square meters of land with Government Consent at Lekki County home -N66m (negotiable)
1Plot of land at Akuru off Elebu Oluyole extension, Ibadan goes for N3.5m (negotiable)
6plots of land at Ado Ekiti, beside patfinger hotel, 3min drive 4rm UNAD
3Plots of land at Ibeju lekki, Eleko, with existion goes 4 N4M(negotiable) . See my Signature to contact me.
Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by Edlinewater: 6:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
Tell your brother that deep well borehole (700feet) is even 6.5m not to talk of the whole building...
Well his duplex may be tiles free .. Roof with 5star iron sheet surface wiring, hand dung well.. Bamboo fence . wooden doors and windows with that he will still have extra change for house warming ceremony
Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by donhils: 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
Edlinewater:
Tell your brother that deep well borehole (700feet) is even 6.5m not to talk of the whole building...
Well his duplex may be tiles free .. Roof with 5star iron sheet surface wiring, hand dung well.. Bamboo fence . wooden doors and windows with that he will still have extra change for house warming ceremony
Lol

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by twinskenny(m): 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
Edlinewater:

lol cracking up big time

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by diehard(m): 7:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
The first thing to do is get the building design from an architect (cost btw 150k to 300k). After then give the design to a builder to provide detail costing in his letter headed paper, then give it to your uncle.

Don't start without doing this so he does not accuse you of stealing his money, my best guess he is going to need anything from 25million and above depending on the finishing

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2017
No problem this is my contact number
Haruna Ishaka
Hadimed Real Estate

With us most buildings are possible!

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by kolexy(m): 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
donhils:
So my mom's younger brother who lives in Germany called last 2 weeks and was talking about starting a building project in the village. The proposed project is a 6 bedroom duplex and he said he had made all the necessary enquiry and came to the conclusion that N6.3m (Six million and three hundred thousand naira) is able to start, build , complete and roof the house; according to him, many of his (imaginary)friends have built with that amount and some with even lesser amounts.
Now the house is in the village (I said that before) so land is available for free; there blocks big enough to complete the ground floor but that's all. After decking, all the blocks for the 1st floor would be bought.
The contractor that will handle the work have put his own price at N1.8m (One Million and eight hundred thousand naira only) for workmanship, in this part I don't even know whether the N6.3m will cover the contractor's money or it will be separate but whichever way.....
As it is now, I don't know what to tell him so I'll need your opinion(s) and it doesn't necessarily mean you must be an expert to have a reasonable opinion because in one way or another most of you have been involved in building projects directly or indirectly.

Please don't get involved oo. Let him build the lego house he wants to build
Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by mufutau55(m): 9:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
twinskenny:

Some friend can mislead ooo one said send me a message about prices of cable he got from his friend.. i was just laughing

Don't mind them jare.

Hajji M.
Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by Heymus(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2017
donhils:
i estimated #6.4m for a 2bedroom bungallow 4months ago. (from start to finish) tilling. fittings doors. windows, ceilling included though
Re: My Uncle Lives In Germany And Wants To Build A Duplex With This Amount by donhils: 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
So my people what's going on? Still on the building matter.

(1) (Reply)

NOW IS THE BEST TIME TO INVEST / Single Rooms For Rent At Ungwar Rimi GRA, Kaduna / SOLD!SOLD!!SOLD!!!Newly Built And Tastefully Finished 3 Bedroom Duplex With BQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.