Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. (12287 Views)

For Those Of You Who Think Mermaids Are Cute Creatures. See!!! / 15 Of The Most Venomous Creatures On Earth / If These Pills Were Real, Which Would You Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
1.Unicorn
The unicorn is a legendary creature that has been described since antiquity as a beast with a single large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead. Some writers in history were so convinced to consider the creature to be real.However, none(scientist) have ever proven its existence. Some mythological powers and beliefs associated with unicorns includes;its horn can neutralize poisons,it can only be captured by a virgin,its presence can heal the skin etc. Up to this very age,people still claim they sight unicorns.

3 Likes

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
2.Mermaid
It is a fabled marine creature with the head and upper body of a woman and the tail of a fish. Merman is sometimes used to refer to a male of this creature. Many cultures believe strongly in their existence and some worship them as goddesses. It is believed by some that mermaids can fall in love with humans and have the ability to bestow special gift on humans. Despite no concise discovery or scientific explanation of mermaids,many humans still claim they see them occasionally.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by caspervenice(m): 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
I dey rear unicon oo

7 Likes

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
3.Dragons
A dragon is a legendary creature, typically scaled or fire-spewing and with serpentine, reptilian or avian traits, that features in the myths of many cultures around world.
A lot of stories, books,shows and TV series have been made about the creature over the years making the creature seeming more realistic. The truth is,dragons never existed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
4.Centaurs
They are mythical creature believe(d) to be a tribe of half-man, half-horse savages who inhabited the mountains and forests of Thessalian Magnesia.
They were a primitive race who made their homes in caves, hunted wild animals for food and armed themselves with rocks and tree branches. They were considered to be very aggressive and strong. But they never existed but rather mentioned in Greek mythology.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
5.Hydra.
It is a many-headed serpent in Greek mythology believed to have the ability of regrowing any of its head back when cut off. As funny as it may seems,the existence of this creature was/is believed by some.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
6.Vampires.
They are undead beings who subsist by feeding on the blood of the living. At the moment,larger part of the world believe in the existence of these creatures. Around the 19th century, the belief in the existence of vampires in Europe was so strong that the dead were staked(punctured with wood) in the heart to prevent them from returning to life as vampires and greater deal of persons(not proven) were accused of been vampires then. However,vampires don't/didn't exist. At least, science and history haven't proven their existence.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by kingsley9505(m): 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
As a matter of fact, I know that none of them actually exist(ed)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
caspervenice:
I dey rear unicon oo

Where sir?
Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
Fairy nko, tinkerbell and co.

1 Like

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
kingsley9505:
As a matter of fact, I know that none of them actually exist(ed)

Good for you. Some don't know.
Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2017
Femlexx:
Fairy nko, tinkerbell and co.

These are some of the most widely known.
Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by lilmax(m): 10:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
six creatures ajebo children thought were real

when we ajekpako dey play with tyre and war start shooting games,which time we get to see unicorn?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by kingsley9505(m): 10:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
Josephjnr:

Good for you. Some don't know.
Good for them, they have you to thank.

2 Likes

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2017
lilmax:
six creatures ajebo children thought were real

when we ajekpako dey play with tyre and war start shooting games,which time we get to see unicorn?

Hahahaha! But Ajekpako don dey watch films the see things now o.
Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2017
kingsley9505:

Good for them, they have you to thank.

Thanks. I am part of them. I used to believe strongly in existence of mermaids. I was born and raised in a small island in the middle of a large water. One of our usual belief about mermaid includes,putting their breast in one's hand pit,stimulates it till the person laughs uncontrollably and die.Hahahaha!
Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by kingsley9505(m): 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2017
Josephjnr:

Thanks. I am part of them. I used to believe strongly in existence of mermaids. I was born and raised in a small island in the middle of a large water. One of our usual belief about mermaid includes,putting their breast in one's hand pit,stimulates it till the person laughs uncontrollably and die.Hahahaha!

Hahaha. They really do exist in the other realm.

1 Like

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
kingsley9505:

Hahaha. They really do exist in the other realm.

Really? Outside earth?
Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by ekensi01: 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dragon never existed.
Are you trying to say the bible is lying when they mention dragon?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 10:20pm On Aug 24, 2017
ekensi01:
Dragon never existed.

Are you trying to say the bible is lying when they mention dragon?

The bible talks about a lot of animals(even the ones we know) that is not true. But I won't say,the bible lies.
Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by ekensi01: 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2017
Josephjnr:

The bible talks about a lot of animals(even the ones we know) that is not true. But I won't say,the bible lies.
Guy goto bed, you over worked yourself today.

Dragon are really.

2 Likes

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 10:25pm On Aug 24, 2017
ekensi01:
Guy goto bed, you over worked yourself today.

Dragon are really.

OK sir. No need to struggle. A fact is a fact and perception is an individual personal thing. Believe what you want and make me go to bed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ok but

2 Likes

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
Ok but
But what sir?
Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by domido(m): 10:45pm On Aug 24, 2017
Josephjnr:

OK sir. No need to struggle. A fact is a fact and perception is an individual personal thing. Believe what you want and make me go to bed.
You say they do not exist?
Hehe!! Guy.okay oo. Mermaid don't exist? Dragons never existed?
Thank God you said fact, and facts are not always true.

1 Like

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by kidxboss(m): 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
because science couldn't prove something,that doesn't make it wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
domido:

You say they do not exist?
Hehe!! Guy.okay oo. Mermaid don't exist? Dragons never existed?
Thank God you said fact, and facts are not always true.

Fact means opposite what you just typed sir. These are correct as of today.
Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 10:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
kidxboss:
because science couldn't prove something,that doesn't make it wrong.

History said nothing about them too. Even dinosaurs that lived millions of years ago are still known.
Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by DIKEnaWAR: 11:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
I am a centaur and I exist. I wear that form at the stroke of 2, during a full moon, on a wet night. I look for my kind and we hunt deer, play polo, make merry and drink some ox blood.

At the stroke of 5, we visit elders from our clan for words of wisdom and preservation of our culture and kind, before returning to our human form.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by HashtagMoniker(m): 11:29pm On Aug 24, 2017
What about Direwolves
Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 11:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
I am a centaur and I exist. I wear that form at the stroke of 2, during a full moon, on a wet night. I look for my kind and we hunt deer, play polo, make merry and drink some ox blood.

At the stroke of 5, we visit elders from our clan for words of wisdom and preservation of our culture and kind, before returning to our human form.

Hahahaha! You guys hide from scientists.
Re: Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real. by Josephjnr(m): 11:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
HashtagMoniker:
What about Direwolves

They existed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adekunle Ajasin University Post Ume Result Is Out / Bayero University Post-utme 2012/2013 / Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.