Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,511 members, 7,850,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:37 AM

Black Trump Supporter Slams White CNN Host Who Said She's Giving Green Light... - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Black Trump Supporter Slams White CNN Host Who Said She's Giving Green Light... (378 Views)

Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine / Margaret Loughrey Who Said £27million Win Destroyed Her Life Found Dead (Pix) / Trump Supporter Says She Won't Get The Covid-19 Vaccine Because She Is A Goat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Trump Supporter Slams White CNN Host Who Said She's Giving Green Light... by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21am On Aug 25, 2017
Black Trump Supporter Slams White CNN Host Who Said She's Giving 'Green Light' to White Supremacists
Craig Bannister By Craig Bannister | August 23, 2017 | 4:10 PM EDT

Daphne Goggins doesn't trust "anything the news media says, anymore."

Daphne Goggins stood her ground when CNN Host Alisyn Camerota tried to portray her as a neo-Nazi sympathizer because she agreed with President Donald Trump that two sides were responsible for the recent conflict in Charlottesville, Va.

While Camerota contended that every person who showed up at the rally to defend Confederate memorials was violent and either a Neo-Nazi or White Supremacist, the six members of her panel, including Goggins, weren’t buying it.

Goggins laid some of the blame, not just on the Antifa, Neo-Nazi and White Supremacists – but, also on the local government, because "They didn't protect the people."

"It seems to me that you’re giving these guys a green light: the white supremacists," Camerota charged.

When Camerota argued that everyone in attendance, except Antifa and the counter-protesters, was either a Neo-Nazi or White Supremacist, Goggins said she found online video showing otherwise.

Offended that Goggin would go outside cable news media to find her information, Camorota challenged the credibility of her claim:

Goggins: "We really don't know who was out there. But, I'm telling I've seen videos of other people who were out there who were not neo-Nazis."

CNN's Camerota: "Do you believe there were very fine people protesting?"

Goggins: "Yes, I do."

CNN's Camerota: "How do you know that?"

Goggins: "I'm only telling you from the videos I've seen."

CNN's Camerota: "But, what’s the source of your videos?"

Goggins: "Facebook. And, when I tried to repost those videos, they wouldn't allow me."

CNN's Camerota: "Is it possible that they're not credible?"

Goggins: "Could be, but, like I said, they need to investigate and find exactly what was going on out there."

To prove her point, Camerota then played a clip from an "investigation" by left-wing "Vice" of Neo-Nazis marching with torches and chanting anti-Semitic slurs – which another panelist quickly pointed out wasn't actually from the Charlottesville rally, but from the night before.

Goggins refused to take the bait when Camorata tried to goad her into saying there were "nice people" among the Neo-Nazi marchers. Goggins said the marchers in the video were "crazy," but she added that they still had the right to say crazy things.

And, when Camerota pressed Goggins, yet again, the panelist refused to pass judgement based on anything today's news media tries to sell her:

"I don't trust anything that the news media says, anymore."

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/black-trump-supporter-slams-white-cnn-host-who-said-shes-giving-green-light

The Fake and crooked CNN forgot to screen these Trump supporters before interviewing them and they received a big shock that they were not expecting. shocked

(1) (Reply)

French President Demands Evacuation Of Migrants From Libya / Trump as Man Of The Year 2017 / Donald Trump Stopped An Assailant In 1991 Even Though He Didn’t Have A Weapon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.