Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist (32307 Views)

Pastor’s Wife Who Engaged In Sex Romp With Herbalist In Custody — Police / Photos Of Ekweremadu’s Sick Daughter And The Alleged 15-year-old Donor Surfaces / Lady Raises Alarm After Suspicious Man Did This To Her In Lagos Bus. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Islie: 7:49am On Aug 26, 2017
Kunle Falayi

In July 2017, a security guard, Mr. Azeez Saidi , noticed that his 19- year - old daughter, Fatima, suddenly became emaciated and withdrawn.

He said the girl , who works as an apprentice tailor around Amukoko area of Lagos , also slept and ate little .

“ It became so bad that I was crying while her sister was also crying because we did not know what was wrong with her .

“ We bought various drugs but none worked . Their mother died two years ago and I am bringing them up all alone.

“ The first day it started , she got back from work that day and said she was very tired . Then from then on, it was like she was a plant that gradually withered . ”

Saturday PUNCH learnt that on her way to work that fateful day, the exact date of which the girl ’ s foggy mind could no longer bring up , she passed by the house of a herbalist, 68-year - old Jimoh Amuda , on Imam Street, Amukoko .

The man reportedly summoned the girl .
The rest of the story sounded more like a Hollywood script.

For more than a month after her encounter with Amuda started , Fatima told no one.

But when her father became concerned and started crying over her state, she opened up.

“I was crying, her young brother too was crying. That was when she told me that the herbalist had warned her not to reveal what had happened , ” Fatima ’ s father said.

She said Amuda called her and said she had to make an alms of sugar , salt and cola nuts .

The following day , she explained that she went to thank the man for his prayers and instructions.

Amuda reportedly sat her down and explained that she needed spiritual help.

Fatima told her father that Amuda then gave her a fetish item to ingest with pap.

He said , “ She told us that after that, the man gave her ‘ Hontu ’ (a controversial Islamic practice in Nigeria of writing Surah on a slate , washing it off and drinking it for healing and warding off spiritual attacks).

“ I was shocked by all these . How can anyone tell her to do all that and she did not make any effort to tell me as her father ?

“ The most frightening was that after the drink he gave her , he told her to buy waist beads which she had to wear for three days . My daughter said she did not have any money to buy beads and he told her not to worry.

“ He gave her a bead , which he said she could either keep and give him N 2,000 in exchange or return after she had worn it for three days.

“ My daughter said she did not have money, but after wearing it for three days as instructed , she returned it to the man . ”
That was when her troubles started .

Saidi said he raised the alarm after hearing his daughter’ s story and one of his brothers reported the matter to the police .

He said they eventually confronted the man and asked him why he targeted Fatima.

“I wanted to know the reason for it all and he said everything he did for her was just for spiritual healing. I asked if my daughter approached him first and he said he was the one who took interest in her , ” he said .

A police source told our correspondent that during interrogation , the herbalist confessed that he was just trying to make money but did not elaborate about how this connects to the different items he had given Fatima to ingest and use.

“ He kept repeating that all he had done for the girl were for spiritual favour (referred to as eyonu in Yoruba ). At a point , he was asked to eat some of the items he said he gave the girl to ingest . ”

On Friday , the police said Amuda was charged with enslavement at the Ebute Meta Magistrate ’ s Court , Lagos.

He has been remanded at the Kirikiri Prisons till he is able to perfect his bail conditions.

The case would come up for hearing on September 15 , 2017.

http://punchng.com/father-raises-the-alarm-after-sick-daughter-narrates-ritual-encounter-with-herbalist/

lalasticlala
Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Settingz321(m): 7:58am On Aug 26, 2017
I notice from the last few months now this ritual things is really increasing daily

26 Likes

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by shamack: 7:59am On Aug 26, 2017
We are bad ppl,,,,we deserve bad leaders

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Evablizin(f): 8:11am On Aug 26, 2017
I don't even know what to type,God keep on protecting your people

7 Likes

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by BornnAgainChild(f): 8:12am On Aug 26, 2017
The funniest part is that once they have a talk with you and you respond, they hypnotize you immediately...

Na so one do ooo till i find am go sagamu one fateful saturday morning as i wake up...i no even brush come to talk of bath...na so so call the alfa take finish me till i reach im side for sagamu

After all the incantations and picking one out of the tesbiu(muslim rosary) e con say i go need comot cloth for the next stage se bi i no dey on...God being so kind i was on...as i just tell am say i dey on im face change...

E con carry calabash dey round my head..still carry me go banana tree wey dey beside water and all this while i no even hesitate..i just dey obey like mumu..infact to cut the long story short na God deliver me

Na as i return lagos that afternoon my eye con clear

I kept blocking all the numbers he used in calling

Am still alive today cos of the grace of God

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by 4reala(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2017
The man shld be held responsible for anything that happens to the girl

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 26, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
The funniest part is that once they have a talk with you and you respond, they hypnotize you immediately...

Na so one do ooo till i find am go sagamu one fateful saturday morning as i wake up...i no even brush come to talk of bath...na so so call the alfa take finish me till i reach im side for sagamu

After all the incantations and picking one out of the tesbiu(muslim rosary) e con say i go need comot cloth for the next stage se bi i no dey on...God being so kind i was on...as i just tell am say i dey on im face change...

E con carry calabash dey round my head..still carry me go banana tree wey dey beside water and all this while i no even hesitate..i just dey obey like mumu..infact to cut the long story short na God deliver me

Na as i return lagos that afternoon my eye con clear

I kept blocking all the numbers he used in calling

Am still leaving today cos of the grace of God
you sure sey u still complete cus you reach semifinal cheesy

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:00am On Aug 26, 2017
doctorkush:

My dear...av being thinking so too..but then mesef te kpa mo ise

3 Likes

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 26, 2017
BornnAgainChild:

best thing is for you been sensitive, don't panick and try connect with your spirit. then you will know.. i have been in such position too before cheesy .... I'm not religious but my being is strong. you can too.. be safe.

5 Likes

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by BornnAgainChild(f): 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
doctorkush:
best thing is for you been sensitive, don't panick and try connect with your spirit. then you will know.. i have been in such position too before cheesy .... I'm not religious but my being is strong. you can too.. be safe.

Thanks kiss

6 Likes

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by tasceige(m): 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
but where are we going in this country huhn....
Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Factfinder1(m): 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
I guess this is part of the peace that Islam teaches...to use Quranic verses for rituals

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Built2last: 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
Their way

1 Like

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2017
shamack:
We are bad ppl,,,,we deserve bad leaders

Speak for yourself

5 Likes

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Elslim: 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2017
end times
Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Truckpusher(m): 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2017
doctorkush:
Which semi final ? She play reach second half for the match. grin

1 Like

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by damton(m): 6:21pm On Aug 26, 2017
U

1 Like

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 26, 2017
For crying out loud, Ritual will never make the economy strong. probably, that's what they think.

arrest them alll
Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by deolsisback: 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
None of these things is an Islamic practice

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Akinaukwa: 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
The useless herbalist should be made or forced to return the girl back to her normal person before Police prosecution.

7 Likes

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Nickymezor(f): 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
Wonders shall neva cease... weird tins happening every min./ everday in this country.May God save us all.

1 Like

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by bigass123(m): 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
Strange world...
Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by kaycyor: 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
Which gods call all these ritualist sef!!!!! E dey surprise me undecided

1 Like

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Dmeji4444(m): 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
We have more evil Alfa than normal, I am a Muslim and I know what I am talking about.

16 Likes

Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by WetinConsignMe: 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
Is it possible there is no "spiritual" to any of this? Just physics, bology and sientific "magic"?
Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by aku626(m): 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
Why not prohibit this practice once and for all
Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by millionboi(m): 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
Evil days
Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by winkmart: 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
Too bad
Re: Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist by Oselu28(f): 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2017
BornnAgainChild:

lol,i like d fact dat u te pa mo ise

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage / How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos / Gay Artisan Accused Of Killing Apprentice For Dating Woman (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.