Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,778 members, 7,955,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:18 PM

The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] (700 Views)

Statue Of Virgin Mary "Blinks" In US Church / Daddy Freeze On Pastor Adeboye's Necklace: "This Is Pressing Of Virgin Breast" / Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2017
N.B. Part 1 --- www.nairaland.com/4000922/re-could-virgin-mary-really

PART 2

Before you may read this, I would like you to know that, if you've read the part 1 of my brief story on the apparitions of Mary, and the three young shepherds, then this one talks a little bit of what I afore-wrote, in other words, written before. And here also, I'll be giving my view and verdict on the adoration of Mary.

So, Having read the brief story, 'specially on the centenary celebration, I then had the zeal to know more about the acclaimed apparitions of Mary(a.k.a Our Lady of Fatima) by the three young portugese shepherds. I'm now (partially) in the know of why catholics adore the Virgin Mary. According to their story, a beautiful figure had appeared to them; in form of a woman, as bright as the sun, and on a gold-gilded apparel. She also spoke to them of some certain things.

The apparitions prompted the popular image of the Virgin Mary known as Our Lady of Fatima. Today, countless people/pilgrims, especially from the catholic sect, now come to honor Our Lady of Fatima. The obvious reason why people honour Our Lady of Fatima is due to the prophecy she gave to the three young shepherds which supposedly came to pass at the latter time.

The adoration of Our Lady of Fatima has turned out to be a syndrome according to my own opinionship. At the end, my verdict would tell why it has become a syndrome already.

Speaking of honoring Our Lady of Fatima, why do other denominations of the Christian faith comes not to honor the Lady of Fatima? The fact that catholics, as part of the Christian denomination, worship Mary is seemingly unbiblical. On this issue being unbiblical, it should be noted that; it is unrecommeded & not stated in the word of God. So, therefore, It is unbiblical because;

1. Mary is not the savior of the world
2. Mary is not a God/Goddess[explained]

3. The Bible clearly speaks of idolatory according to Exodus20:3-5; You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God...

Or else, it would be decipherable this way as in "It was not stated in the Bible that;"

1. Mary should be adored and exalted
2. Mary is the savior of the world
3. Mary is a "mediator between God and man"
4. Mary was the one who died for the sins of humanity
5. Prayers should be offered to Mary and Mary would be praying for humanity
6. Is an intercessor

'Idolization' of Mary

The point of view of some religious people (especially the Christian faith) on idolatory should be pinpointed on naivety and/or ignorance. Our view on idolatory is either on a single view or more. Some see idolatory as a way of worshipping carved image alone, some see it as obsession, admiration, nought! etc.. But the way Religious sect of the Christian faith see idolatory is according to Exodus20:3-5.

While some people would be into idolatory, and concious of it, we have some on the other hand, denying the fact and truth of idolatory and would not still believe the fact and truth of being told that they are into idolatory, even if it's the upteenth time they are being told. I would ask myself, "is it ignorance or what?" It is more of a "I care less/I don't care" attitude of a thing. These set of people would go the extramile worshipping the creature more than the Creator! What am I saying? I'm saying after the apparitions of Mary since 1917, it prompted the image of the blessed Mary, who is now worshipped and adored. It's really catastrophic. Very irrefutable!

Could they have been put together in a trance by 'a stranger?'
If you are concerened on what I mean by 'a stranger,' on this context, I used euphenism to give a mild expression. It's my way of indirectly saying 'stranger' for 'devil.

Mary, a Goddess?

The Catholics call Mary 'the mother of God,' and exalt her as if to be a Goddess on her own, meanwhile she as a creature/being never called herself 'the mother of God,' but magnified God for making her a vessel of honor(Luke1:46-55). As strange as this sounds, Catholics fail to recognise that; Mary being exalted by them, have also turned out to she being a Goddess, especially when she is called 'the mother of God.'

Mary had said "behold, from henceforth, all generations shall call me blessed" and this has also made the exaltation of Mary more instensified by Catholics. Mary herself identified herself as a woman of low degree and estate. Mary stating that she should be called blessed, prompted the adoration and worhip of Mary and her Virginity inclusive by these set of people.

What I also slightly find bemusing but interesting is; calling the blessed Mary a holistic sort of person, as in"Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us..." I don't deny mary being holy, but just so you know that; Mary was a sinner inasmuch as we are also sinners in sinful flesh. Mary could have lived a holy life, but never as perfect and whole as the savior's holiness whom no sin waas found in Him, even if He carried 'our sinful flesh' to save us from our sin. Literally, Mary was a sinner just like we are, and no man ever lived on earth can say he never sinned and such person is only a liar, and in some other ways denying Jesus' death on the cross or the reason why he died, because Christ came to die for the sins of men and there's no one exclusive. When certain people told Jesus "your mother and brethren desire to see you," Jesus said "My mother and brethren are those which hear the word of God and do it"

The Common Confusion | Her Virginity

The common confusion about mary is that of her Virginty. It was recorded in the bible that, excluding Jesus Christ, she gave birth to Children of her own. Before Mary birthed the Savior, she was told that; the Holy Spirit would come upon her, and then be overshadowed by the power of God to give birth to the Savior(Luke1:35). The marvellous and divine state of Mary made her a virgin , but afterwards, being legally married to her husband, Joseph, never closed the room for mating, and thus, giving birth to the brethrens/siblings of Jesus Christ during His lifetime on earth (Matthew13:53-56).

Why do we Pretend?

Sometimes, I'd wonder why certain persons would pretend not to see what's written in the Bible or what the word of God tells us. Just like some would forget what's written in 1John1:15-17 and 1Corinthians11:2-15, in the same way, they would also forget Exodus20:3-5.

Verdict

The fact that catholics pray to, and exalt mary is really strange to me, even if it isn't strange to others. During the old testament, the people of God offered their prayers to God, and the same goes with the old testament. I'd wonder why it is during the endtime race these set of people decided to establish the image of the blessed Mary to be honored, owing to the case of the apparition. Instead of keeping the custom of Christianity and the ordinances of God, ahead they went, to establish an image of Mary to adore and honor. Such had being despised by the apostle Paul in Romans1:18;

The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God has shown it to them 20. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are clearly made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21. Because that when they knew God , neither were unthankful; but became vain in their imaginations , and their foolsih heart was darkened. 22. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23. And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to brids, and to fourfooted beasts, and creeping things 25. Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is forever blessed. Amen.

If we weren't in the last days, and our times was to be chronicled into the Bible, it would seem akward adding the fact of how people worshipped a creature more than the Creator. Adoring the creature more than the Creator has ignited and enabled the adoration of Mary syndrome. But, now, we are in the endtimes and God's plan has being recorded in the bible according to the prophets and the book of revelations. The signs of the times are listed in, and rapidly unfolding according to the gospels of our Lord Jesus Christ, 2Timothy chapter 3 and other parts of the Living Word.

Merci

2 Likes

Re: The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ave Maria!!!
Re: The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 26, 2017
Only ignorant Catholics pray to Mary. Catholics do not worship Mary. I repeat, Catholics do not worship Mary.
Re: The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] by impossible27(m): 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2017
I don't know how many times people have to say it here that Catholic don't worship our blessed mother. we honor her so op if u think we woship her, your opinion. afterall u are not better than the 1 billion catholics in the world who is a sinner in God's eyes with u too.

I wonder where u learnt the custom of christianity and it ordenance of God. hmm. christanity varies in peoples understanding that why u see many people with diffrent ministries preaching diffrently on the so called customs of christianity. so you can not come here and tell us u know what christanity is because u have not met God who will tell u that. so u know nothing, absolutly NOTHING about christanity exept the ones your pastor who knows NOTHING has been feeding u with.
Re: The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] by Heromaniaa: 5:53am On Aug 27, 2017
What you wrote up there is your opinion. Not the truth, for unless we hear the account of the lion, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Re: The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] by enilove(m): 7:07am On Aug 27, 2017
People love darkness more than light.

The Op has quoted the bible passage pointing out to you all that you should not make any graving image .
Whether you honour or pray to it does not matter, "don't is don't".

1 Like

Re: The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] by Redoil: 7:16am On Aug 27, 2017
The worst thing that can happen to a human is for him/her to believe its own lies and confusios
Re: The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2017
Heromaniaa:
What you wrote up there is your opinion. Not the truth, for unless we hear the account of the lion, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Hmmm

Words of wisdom. . .

It truly could be an opinion. . . But my dear . . . . The truth is never hidden.
Re: The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2017
impossible27:
I don't know how many times people have to say it here that Catholic don't worship our blessed mother. we honor her so op if u think we woship her, your opinion. afterall u are not better than the 1 billion catholics in the world who is a sinner in God's eyes with u too.

My dear, I'm a sinner just like you are.

I don't want go further with lengthy words, BUT could you please enlighten me on the bolded, please? undecided

I wonder where u learnt the custom of christianity and it ordenance of God.

where else? If you say you're learning Christianity or the ordinances of God in church then. . . You're on your own. This is why most Christians would end up in hell. Following customs and tradition of a so called church instead of the Bible. I now tend to wonder why some denominations in the Christianity sect would teach and preach the doctrine of purgatory ( serpent seed!! ).

Would you follow the custom of a Church or the Bible? When you see congregations doing what's unbiblical, where would you go to for correction? Is it not the Word of God?

Even 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV) says:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for
instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly
furnished unto all good works.

Therefore I'm not sticking to the or brought up with the tradition & ordinances of men but of the Word of God.

hmm. christanity varies in peoples understanding that why u see many people with diffrent ministries preaching diffrently on the so called customs of christianity.

What do you think? We've many, and many of them. Take the mormon believers for example. Are their customs according to the Bible or the ordinances of God?

so you can not come here and tell us u know what christanity is because u have not met God who will tell u that.

I think this one should be redirected to you.

so u know nothing, absolutly NOTHING about christanity exept the ones your pastor who knows NOTHING has been feeding u with.

So, are you better than all of us?
Re: The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
venai:
Only ignorant Catholics pray to Mary. Catholics do not worship Mary. I repeat, Catholics do not worship Mary.

I totally agree smiley .
Re: The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] by impossible27(m): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

My dear, I'm a sinner just like you are.

I don't want go further with lengthy words, BUT could you please enlighten me on the bolded, please? undecided

where else? If you say you're learning Christianity or the ordinances of God in church then. . . You're on your own. This is why most Christians would end up in hell. Following customs and tradition of a so called church instead of the Bible. I now tend to wonder why some denominations in the Christianity sect would teach and preach the doctrine of purgatory ( serpent seed!! ).

Would you follow the custom of a Church or the Bible? When you see congregations doing what's unbiblical, where would you go to for correction? Is it not the Word of God?

Even 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV) says:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for
instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly
furnished unto all good works.

Therefore I'm not sticking to the or brought up with the tradition & ordinances of men but of the Word of God.
To honor someone is different from to worship someone. we honor people who we fit are special to us. such include ones parents or anyone they keep special in their heart. I honor my own mother who gave birth to me so I can't see the reason why I can't honor the blessed mother. and I haven't seen anywhere in the bible that says to honor someone is a sin. pls if u have show me.

What do you think? We've many, and many of them. Take the mormon believers for example. Are their customs according to the Bible or the ordinances of God?
There is something u guys need to know,In Christianity, every Christian has his or her ways of worshiping Christ they understand. u can't say their method of worshiping Christ is unbiblical because even the bible which is assembled for us to read is incomplete. no one knows the exact method to worship Christ except those that assembled the bible themselves which are the Catholic. To me no method of worshiping Christ is unbiblical.

I think this one should be redirected to you.

So, are you better than all of us?
no I am not. but for u to judge someone belief shows u thought u are better
Re: The Adoration Of Virgin Mary Syndrome: My View And Verdict [ Part 2 ] by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
impossible27:

To honor someone is different from to worship someone. we honor people who we fit are special to us. such include ones parents or anyone they keep special in their heart. I honor my own mother who gave birth to me so I can't see the reason why I can't honor the blessed mother. and I haven't seen anywhere in the bible that says to honor someone is a sin. pls if u have show me.

Some catholics over do it.

They adore her than the Creator Himself.

There is something u guys need to know,In Christianity, every Christian has his or her ways of worshiping Christ they understand.

Which ways? How many ways? Mention them and I'd like to get enlightened smiley

You're simply intuiting that we have various ways of serving God. Don't you know your Bible well?

No wonder we have numerous Christian denominations. But I know there is the true Church and bride of Christ.

u can't say their method of worshiping Christ is unbiblical because even the bible which is assembled for us to read is incomplete.

Moreover, who do you think are the mormons?

no one knows the exact method to worship Christ except those that assembled the bible themselves which are the Catholic. To me no method of worshiping Christ is unbiblical.

We have our perspectives from different angles.

no I am not. but for u to judge someone belief shows u thought u are better

That's what you think. Albeit, I receieve it smiley but I am not.

Meanwhile, I'm not judgmental or what you may tend to think.

I don't have much time to tell you much

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/09/17 / African Religion:The Cosmic Religion Of Magi, Alphabets Were First Used For Juju / Dr. Ramsey Marshal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.