Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? (5472 Views)

My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? / Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2010
toneyb:

Sure. It is a very valid argument. So it's absurd to believe that "something came from nothing" (not that any atheist I know believes that), but it's perfectly logical to postulate a timeless, eternal, transcendent being? I think you miss entire point of the question "Who created God? It's a rhetorical question, intended to rebut the "first cause" argument for God. If God is an "uncaused cause," then uncaused existence is possible. Then why can't the universe itself be uncaused? There's no reason to add the additional step of postulating a God. Moreover, even if we accept the existence of a first cause outside the temporal universe, you haven't begun to show that it is the "God of the Bible," you simply asserted it.

If it werent the God of the bible we would have been worshipping something else. The God of the bible is the creator of the universe Heaven and earth Gen1 so we serve the God that created the universe
Re: Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 23, 2010
toneyb:

My ans

You have NOT seen everything in the universe, You have not seen the beginning of anything in space so on what basis did you come to the conclusion that everything that has a beginning has a cause? Tell me have you ever seen the beginning of the universe? How then do you know that it has a cause?

IF THEY CAN'T SEE THE SUN, THEY CAN FEEL ITS HEAT. there's a funny thing about the blind or those who close their eyes to keep from seeing the sun: even though they cannot see it, yet when it shines in its full strength, the heat it radiates can nevertheless be felt. So it is indeed true that atheism is rightly defined as a denial of God in the midst of knowledge of His existence.
Re: Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? by nuclearboy(m): 5:39pm On Feb 23, 2010
a'ight Mazaje:

will check your links. Try google "psychic detectives" too.

Charman V:

why'd you disappear?
Re: Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? by Bongoman1: 8:31pm On Feb 23, 2010
Re: Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 23, 2010
Bongo.If u see a true xtian/strong beliver,they might be scared to shed blood.More so xtianity came into being after Jesus,in which christian was carved out of christ.As a follower of christ,u must emulate his life style.He never killed,fought/destroyed.D bible described in as a person who never sinned.As for army,strong follower will run away,while an indifferent one may join.To me motives matters.As a soldier y did u kill? Were u defending ur self or it was intentional? These ques comes into mind easily
Re: Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 23, 2010
Bongo.If u see a true xtian/strong beliver,they might be scared to shed blood.More so xtianity came into being after Jesus,in which christian was carved out of christ.As a follower of christ,u must emulate his life style.He never killed,fought/destroyed.D bible described in as a person who never sinned.As for army,strong follower will run away,while an indifferent one may join.To me motives matters.As a soldier y did u kill? Were u defending ur self or it was intentional? These ques comes into mind easily
Re: Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? by toneyb: 5:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
toba:

IF THEY CAN'T SEE THE SUN, THEY CAN FEEL ITS HEAT. there's a funny thing about the blind or those who close their eyes to keep from seeing the sun: even though they cannot see it, yet when it shines in its full strength, the heat it radiates can nevertheless be felt. So it is indeed true that atheism is rightly defined as a denial of God in the midst of knowledge of His existence.

How does one feel the heat that your god radiates?
Re: Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2010
toneyb:

How does one feel the heat that your god radiates?
Through d sensory organ God your creator gave evry1 called d skin,which is a layer dat provides covering to your inner most part.Do u want to tell me u ve not felt d heat of d sun b4? Im sure u cant say so.Unless of cause your atheism has turned u into a liar
Re: Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? by Bongoman1: 9:24am On Mar 01, 2010
Re: Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? by Kay17: 4:12am On Mar 03, 2010
genocides and mass murders were supported and tacitly backed the merciful God ( stark contradiction ). killings committed in the name of war are not different from murders. no killing is justified.
Re: Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? by Amujale(m): 1:33am On Oct 08, 2011
@op NO

But is all part of an elaborate ploy to try and justify nowadays war thirsty tyrants,
Re: Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified? by DanielNoble(m): 8:54am On Dec 21, 2012
Bongo_man: This is one question i keep asking myself and men of God but the answers i get aren't contending enough to stop my quest to know. The answers are most times one-sided. this is it ''Is the military killings in war Justified'' I know the Ten Commandments say, "Thou shalt not kill" (Exodus 20:13, KJV). But the Bible also has stories about battles where lots of people were killed. Will God look down on people(army) who have killed someone(army) defending their Country?

what do you expect of Adam's descendants when Adam fell to sin?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Calls Out Witches In Lagos Crusade!! (Video:March 2015) / Wonderful Testimony, 53 Years Old Single Finds Love!!! / Why Many Children Of God Are Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.