Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions (21569 Views)

Basketball: D'Tigress On The Brink Of Olympic Qualification, Beat Senegal / Nigeria's D'Tigress Crashes Out Of FIBA Women's Championship After Losing To USA / USA (W) Vs Nigeria (D'tigress) - Women. World Championship Quarterfinal Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by breakeven: 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2017
zopaks:
yes ooo

For the Third time , we are the champions of Women AFRICAN BASKETBALL!!!

Men and women basketball AFRICAN champions!!! cheesy

lalasticlala, Seun... come and celebrate oooo

Theses ladies really balled their hearts outs...coming from 14 points down....To defeat the Defending Champions(Senegal)

As in .......all the way from behind by Ngr 04-18 Senegal in the first quarter
they came up and led by Ngr 35- 27 Senegal in the second quarter
and won by Ngr 65 -48 Senegal in the Fourth quarter

Buhari must honor these heroes

Buhari ke. Does he know what basket ball is? He only know dambe, Fulani traditional wrestling. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by kenny5811(m): 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
i jst luv to hear gud stuffs abt Nigeria.... i knw i luv Nigeria...i'm beta off a Nigerian dan biafran......#I'mMore9jerianDanBiafran... #CntErazeMy9jaRoots... #Team9jeria... #United9ja.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by Walelavender(m): 10:39pm On Aug 27, 2017
So impressed with their runs. Remarkable achievement. Government and multi national firms should honour these heroines
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by 1miccza: 10:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
Wow these girls just made my day now to the world we go, congrats ladies *sighs* at least a piece of good news in a country filled with lies, incompetence and bad news
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by Tarcisius: 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2017
Kokobet offers you the highest odds in sports betting and cash out option to safeguard your money. You can set up an account with us within 5 minutes and you stand a chance to earn 100% bonus on your first deposit and up to 100% accumulator bonuses and 100% stake refund if one game spoils your betslip. You can easily fund your account via your debit card, online banking or direct bank deposit. We also guarantee you of quick payout whenever you want to collect your winnings. Go to http://Kokobet.com/?ref=1012 (link in bio) to register and start winning.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by Unimaginable123: 11:24pm On Aug 27, 2017
Afam4eva:
This is definitely the best D'Tigers team ever. Even better than the Mfom Udoka days.
not D'Tigers(male team) but D'Tigresses (female team)
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by IbBarham(m): 11:25pm On Aug 27, 2017
Congratulations to them.. Up Naija
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by bakila: 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2017
Afam4eva:
This is definitely the best D'Tigers team ever. Even better than the Mfom Udoka days.
Mfon fine well well, dat one add value to the team.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by takenadoh: 1:47am On Aug 28, 2017
aalangel:

You're just not a News Writer.
Lol my brother, when you are trying to break the news first, you may not have all the time to type all the juicy stuff, plus once the MODs hijack the thread you can't edit it anympre. It was suppose to be a breaking news summary, before typing all the history section but I wasn't allowd to edit it., My bad.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 28, 2017
Shame, that this wasn't put on the front page until match was won and dusted, and then after it was put on the front page it was immediately buried by a heap of other less important threads that followed it to the front page.

Iam guessing Nairraalannd, is under orders from imperialist sponsors to hide any Nigerian sporting success, so as to not jeopardize the break up of Naija with unifying effects of sporting success.
takenadoh:
Nigeria's Female Basketball team continued their impressive form to win the African tournament although they got off to a rough first quarter but they quickly made up and beat Senegal 65 -48
Cc. Lalasticlala

As a DANite, I agitate for one Nigeria!

b) make post to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria,
c) like and share posts of other DANite and others from detribalised Nigerians .
d) automatically added to list of Danites detribalised and anti-breakup peeps
e) follow all listed Danites

illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless, amah91, obaamah, Rett0, ediss, maximunimpact, anonynymous, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc

Please copy this block of text and save it on your PC and then paste it to bottom of your posts.
Join our email list by emailing: wetinconsignme@asia.com as soon as you can manage to .
If you want to become a Danite, then you are already one, simply quote me to add to our
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by spenca: 2:37am On Aug 28, 2017
Congrats Scott Nnaji
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by PDPGuy: 3:16am On Aug 28, 2017
spenca:
Congrats Scott Nnaji

Sam Vincent is the coach of this team. Scott Nnaji was sacked last year (I think)
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by DeRay98(m): 6:11am On Aug 28, 2017
Pavore9:

If am not mistaken Mfom Udoka and her set made it to the Olympics even though they didn't do well there.
Mfon Udoka has been part of the team since, their set started the rival of Nigeria in international basketball.
She was there with this team, if you look at video clip after the tension soaked semifinal against Mali, she was shown in stands.
I believe she may have involved in helping convince Nigerian-American players to come play for Nig.
This team is the complete and efficient ever...
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by naptu2: 6:11am On Aug 28, 2017
D'Tigers and D'Tigress, African champions.

Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by naptu2: 6:14am On Aug 28, 2017
DeRay98:

Mfon Udoka has been part of the team since, their set started the rival of Nigeria in international basketball.
She was there with this team, if you look at video clip after the tension soaked semifinal against Mali, she was shown in stands.
I believe she may have involved in helping convince Nigerian-American players to come play for Nig.
This team is the complete and efficient ever...

Mfon Udoka is now the team manager of D'Tigress and Mactabene Amachree is now in charge of player development.

You can see them at the far left and far right of this picture.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5880388_disrsbfuwaapyez_jpeg6d2a9bb2acb6ba2609431de9bd52d511

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by DeRay98(m): 6:35am On Aug 28, 2017
naptu2:

Mfon Udoka is now the team manager of D'Tigress and Mactabene Amachree is now in charge of player development.
Thanks for the information, we can now see the team is successful. Ex-players with their hearts for the Nation committed to success and it's working out perfectly.
I hope ambitious govt appointees don't invade them and start using the team to pad budgets while destroying the efforts of these ladies.
These are the true Ambassadors of Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by WetinConsignMe: 9:00am On Aug 28, 2017
GenBuhari:
Shame, that this wasn't put on the front page until match was won and dusted, and then after it was put on the front page it was immediately buried by a heap of other less important threads that followed it to the front page.r

Isn't it amazing that such momentous achievement was somehow swept under the rug? If it were some bad thing it would be all over the news and they will.be pointing at it as evidence that Nigeria is a useless country.

We are DANites members of DAN - Detribalised Association of Nigeria.

illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless, amah91, obaamah, Rett0, ediss, maximunimpact, anonynymous, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc

Join our email list by emailing: wetinconsignme@asia.com
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by nemynely(m): 9:00am On Aug 28, 2017
You girls rock! BRAVO! Congratulations!
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by mikkypel(m): 9:26am On Aug 28, 2017
Smooyis:
Our ladies always doing us proud. Time to consider having a female president shocked

A female president like diezani shey
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by wizod(m): 9:58am On Aug 28, 2017
zopaks:
yes ooo

For the Third time , we are the champions of Women AFRICAN BASKETBALL!!!

Men and women basketball AFRICAN champions!!! cheesy

lalasticlala, Seun... come and celebrate oooo

Theses ladies really balled their hearts outs...coming from 14 points down....To defeat the Defending Champions(Senegal)

As in .......all the way from behind by Ngr 04-18 Senegal in the first quarter
they came up and led by Ngr 35- 27 Senegal in the second quarter
and won by Ngr 65 -48 Senegal in the Fourth quarter

Buhari must honor these heroes

yes, wit #20,000 each
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by aalangel(f): 10:49am On Aug 28, 2017
takenadoh:

Lol my brother, when you are trying to break the news first, you may not have all the time to type all the juicy stuff, plus once the MODs hijack the thread you can't edit it anympre. It was suppose to be a breaking news summary, before typing all the history section but I wasn't allowd to edit it., My bad.

You're a good man. I'm a girl oo...
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by takenadoh: 11:07am On Aug 28, 2017
aalangel:

You're a good man. I'm a girl oo...

Sorry Madam. but at least u saw the poor first quarter and the final result. Lol.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by aalangel(f): 11:34am On Aug 28, 2017
takenadoh:

Sorry Madam. but at least u saw the poor first quarter and the final result. Lol.

Yea....i'm a News Editor.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by takenadoh: 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
aalangel:

Yea....i'm a News Editor.

Oh okay seen seen!
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by mfm04622: 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
naptu2:

That is how it should be in all sport we compete in. If we are serious, I don't see why we shouldn't be African Champions of all age grade competitions in both male and female categories
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by mfm04622: 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2017
naptu2:

Also, is this just chance or have we gotten it right with basketball?
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by mechanics(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2017
wow, i wish them in their future endeavours, they have done us proud.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by mechanics(m): 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
wow, i wish them well in their future endeavours, they have done us proud.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by winterfell007(m): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2017
GenBuhari:
Shame, that this wasn't put on the front page until match was won and dusted, and then after it was put on the front page it was immediately buried by a heap of other less important threads that followed it to the front page.

Iam guessing Nairraalannd, is under orders from imperialist sponsors to hide any Nigerian sporting success, so as to not jeopardize the break up of Naija with unifying effects of sporting success.

As a DANite, I agitate for one Nigeria!

b) make post to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria,
c) like and share posts of other DANite and others from detribalised Nigerians .
d) automatically added to list of Danites detribalised and anti-breakup peeps
e) follow all listed Danites

Please copy this block of text and save it on your PC and then paste it to bottom of your posts.
Join our email list by emailing: wetinconsignme@asia.com as soon as you can manage to .
If you want to become a Danite, then you are already one, simply quote me to add to our

Count me in
Re: Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions by WetinConsignMe: 12:18am On Aug 29, 2017
winterfell007:

Count me in

Hearty welcome to DAN, winterfell007!!
I am officially adding your name to the list, making u a Danite - a great Nigerian! Please dig in, show up, use the resources. Don't be a passive Danite.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are DANites members of DAN - Detribalised Association of Nigeria :
Danites are duty bound to:
a) Make posts to challenge tribal bigotry.
b) Make posts to challenge agitation to break up Nigeria.
c) Like and share posts of other Danites.
d) Follow all listed Danites by clicking "follow" link on their profile page.
5) If you wish to become a Danite you must first indicate interest to join or be nominated to join by a Danite. Then your moniker will be added only by a ranking Danite. Do not, under any circumstances , add your moniker yourself.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless, amah91, obaamah, ediss, maximunimpact, anonynymous, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc, dongreat, winterfell007
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Please copy and paste this part of the post to the bottom of your appropriate posts.
Join our email list as soon as you can by emailing:
wetinconsignme@asia.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

T.b Joshua Predicts That nigeria Will Loose nigeria v Guinea Match If......... / Victor Moses Extends Contract With Chelsea (Photos) / Liverpool To Complete £45m Signing Of Diogo Jota From Wolves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.