Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity (3551 Views)

Did Timaya Plan Nico Gravity Beating? / Nico Gravity - I Wan Finish Timaya / 'Sweet Mother' Lyrics (Prince Nico Mbarga) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by showbiz1: 10:38pm On Feb 20, 2010
Why I scattered Timaya
I came back from Abuja and needed to re-establish my relevance, to let people know that I am back, that was just apart. The major thing is that I listened to Timaya’s music, and I want to say that it’s very interesting. I saw a lot of loopholes in his lyrical reasoning. He makes 10 songs, nine and half are about himself and the things he has acquired and the money he has made. I remember that when we were learning how to play music, the first thing you try to make is sense.

As some people would ask you, what is the meaning of this song? I discovered that music was becoming more meaningless. Yes, self praise is an internationally acknowledged and accepted pattern of writing songs but an artiste’s lyrical range doesn’t have to be narrowed down completely to self-praise and I discovered that Timaya was mostly all about himself. I also saw that Timaya was making his songs as if he is quarelling with somebody and has problems with artistes who are based in Lagos.
Timaya’s music reflected a certain kind of disrespect or let me say anger for artistes in Lagos.

The ultimate reason I attacked Timaya was because of that line where he said, I broke into their Lagos market. Note the word, their, if it had been, I broke into the Lagos market, am very sure I wouldn’t have had any problem with that. But the word their sounded so direct and so personal as if he has been beefing Lagos artistes for a long time. I know artistes from Port Harcourt who came to Lagos and made a lot of waves, Etiene T Boy did it, Daniel Wilson also did it, but I saw all of that as fun. It was interesting and I saw the opportunity of making interesting music based on that topic.

SUPERSTAR
http://www./audio/210032-9369063ff9.html

DO YOUR BEST
http://www./audio/210024-835641968e.html
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by tayoast(m): 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2010
showbiz1:

Why I scattered Timaya
I came back from Abuja and needed to re-establish my relevance, to let people know that I am back, that was just apart. The major thing is that I listened to Timaya’s music, and I want to say that it’s very interesting. I saw a lot of loopholes in his lyrical reasoning. He makes 10 songs, nine and half are about himself and the things he has acquired and the money he has made. I remember that when we were learning how to play music, the first thing you try to make is sense.

As some people would ask you, what is the meaning of this song? I discovered that music was becoming more meaningless. Yes, self praise is an internationally acknowledged and accepted pattern of writing songs but an artiste’s lyrical range doesn’t have to be narrowed down completely to self-praise and I discovered that Timaya was mostly all about himself. I also saw that Timaya was making his songs as if he is quarelling with somebody and has problems with artistes who are based in Lagos.
Timaya’s music reflected a certain kind of disrespect or let me say anger for artistes in Lagos.

The ultimate reason I attacked Timaya was because of that line where he said, I broke into their Lagos market. Note the word, their, if it had been, I broke into the Lagos market, am very sure I wouldn’t have had any problem with that. But the word their sounded so direct and so personal as if he has been beefing Lagos artistes for a long time. I know artistes from Port Harcourt who came to Lagos and made a lot of waves, Etiene T Boy did it, Daniel Wilson also did it, but I saw all of that as fun. It was interesting and I saw the opportunity of making interesting music based on that topic.

wat sense do u make of d darker comments.
is Nico d only musician dt noticed Timaya's 'brand' ?
find sth else 2 say, there's definitely a vendetta.

i mean, he dissed sm1 much more successful than he is!!
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by phemmy88(m): 11:45pm On Feb 20, 2010
Na dem sabi! I heard 2 song few weeks ago directed 2 gravity 4 beefing
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by Basics007: 7:17am On Feb 21, 2010
I doubt if Nico really gave this interview.
1) The grammar was too clean.
2) I mean when did Naija artistes esp an Aj city's got to know of "loopholes" "lyrical reasoning" etc?
3) Infact he was even dissectin Timaya's sentences questioning his use of "their" instead of "the"
4) He admitted he was lookin for relevance in attackin Timaya?!
Hmmm somethin is fishy here
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by gidson12(m): 7:56am On Feb 21, 2010
Well, personally i dont like timaya's style of music, Till years 2 come if u ask me D best of his music i'll tell dat it's still 'dem mama', dat track makes more sense 2 me than watever he has been playing lately
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by rhymz(m): 8:10am On Feb 21, 2010
Homeboy is tryinna ride on a successful Tim whose got a fan base,im no get sense.Na who no dey brag these days. .
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by infomusic: 8:08am On Feb 22, 2010
i see timaya as a one styled artiste and this would affect is staying power in the industry,
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by tosinaded(m): 8:59am On Feb 22, 2010
Nico should go and ressurect his career
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by remmyneece: 12:00pm On Feb 22, 2010
Nico should go and ressurect his career

rugged man did it and he made a lot of changes, if nico should also have a genuine reason,a reason that everybody could figure out, then let him.

i am discriminating against timaya neither do i to nico ,,,all i am saying is that NO BE TODAY ALL THIS THINGS DON DEY HAPPEN.
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by remmyneece: 12:02pm On Feb 22, 2010
i am NOT discriminating against timaya neither do i to nico ,,,all i am saying is that NO BE TODAY ALL THIS THINGS DON DEY HAPPEN.
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by tosinaded(m): 12:15pm On Feb 22, 2010
wuteva guy!!
Nico has nothing to do with the music scene anymore abeg!!
dnt compare Rugged with this, rugged was an upcoming artiste then, Nico is finished and forgotten!
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by atilla(m): 12:18pm On Feb 22, 2010
nico gravity its ok, u have yapped the guy, the thing is going dry stale and bobo still de try ride on the hype of the diss.

go and do ur work jare.
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by aldon: 12:25pm On Feb 22, 2010
sumtyms i wonder how far an old badbelle nico gravity culd go just 4 publicity. undecided
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by rosyjewel(f): 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2010
Nico may say what he likes ,2 me is one d best commercial artist we have in Nigeria.
Re: Why I Attacked Timaya In My Song –nico Gravity by nyabingi(m): 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2010
If na true sey Nico actually granted that interview then he's got a point but i personally dont like that music he made, its just rubbish, he even used vulgar language. And for Tymaya, he's just too full of himself, he should try much more to develop good lyrical contents for his music, there's a lot of duplications and repetitions in almost all his tracks and if he does not caution himself, his fame may depreciate.

(1) (Reply)

New Hit Song Banger: Rema Ft Drake - Moe / [mixtape] - Best Of Wizkid And Olamide Mp3 Download / Dj Mix-(download) Wedding And Traditional Marriage Selection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.