Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam (10642 Views)

How Do You Deactivate Paylater Account? / Paylater Promo/referral Code / RAGP (recharge And Get Paid ) Is A Very Big Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam by kayplus33: 11:41am On Aug 28, 2017
Hello all! If you have heard about this paylater and you are applying for a loan I'll advice to just stop. And if your BVN is given to then by filling it in there online processing form I'll advice to stop wasting your dear time . Yea some were tricked to have been credited by this so called paylater so as to make sure they are fully captured in there net. Now let me ask you? Would any bank ask you for BVN or ask you all your card details just because you want to borrow loan? And funny enough they ask for all these personal details for as low as borrowing just 10k hmmm Nigerians shine your eyes ooo. Online transaction that will ask for your card details is payment gateway like quickteller, PayPal. Kongapay etc. Not to desclose for the sake of borrowing loan. I got to there website no single trace of phone number to call them with and even there online app chat will continuously shot you out so as not to reach them. Please do not be a victim o.

1 Like

Re: Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam by einsteine(m): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2017
kayplus33:
Hello all! If you have heard about this paylater and you are applying for a loan I'll advice to just stop. And if your BVN is given to then by filling it in there online processing form I'll advice to stop wasting your dear time . Yea some were tricked to have been credited by this so called paylater so as to make sure they are fully captured in there net. Now let me ask you? Would any bank ask you for BVN or ask you all your card details just because you want to borrow loan? And funny enough they ask for all these personal details for as low as borrowing just 10k hmmm Nigerians shine your eyes ooo. Online transaction that will ask for your card details is payment gateway like quickteller, PayPal. Kongapay etc. Not to desclose for the sake of borrowing loan. I got to there website no single trace of phone number to call them with and even there online app chat will continuously shot you out so as not to reach them. Please do not be a victim o.

Oga, shut up. How did they scam you?

Lots of people have received loans from them.

Your BVN cannot be used to remove money from your account and it is only collected as a way of establishing your identity.

Paylater is a product of One Finance, a company fully licensed by the CBN and with a strong relationship with Diamond Bank.

By the way, if you have money in your account that could be stolen from a scam, why are you looking for a loan?

5 Likes

Re: Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam by kayplus33: 11:54am On Aug 28, 2017
Thank you. After taking necessary info can you answer us why had they not reply and are they declining and why are they bit responding to chat and even the Diamond you mention scam people of there bank account and have series witnesses who have closed there bank account as a result. It seems you are the new CBN governor pls can you answer the house my question.

1 Like

Re: Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam by ramzylipi(m): 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
kayplus33:
Bro, Paylater is not a scam i have taken loan from them times without number and nothing has ever happened to remaining cash in my account. They are geniue and reliable. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam by Luluv: 6:32pm On Feb 19, 2019
[quote author=einsteine post=59898929]

What about direct bridge Nigeria limited ?

Oga, shut up. How did they scam you?

Lots of people have received loans from them.

Your BVN cannot be used to remove money from your account and it is only collected as a way of establishing your identity.

Paylater is a product of One Finance, a company fully licensed by the CBN and with a strong relationship with Diamond Bank.

By the way, if you have money in your account that could be stolen from a scam, why are you looking for a loan?

Can someone please tell me how genuine is DIRECT BRIDGE NIGERIA LIMITED! please
Re: Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam by dangoteinlaw: 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2019
I wanted to apply for loan with them but they request for way way too much info. My bvn, access to my contacts, location, bank card, wow who would be that stupid to give out these For just 10k, i wouldn't do that for even 100k. Nigerians don't like warnings,they prefer to experience it themselves so no need for that.
Re: Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam by Grandman: 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
dangoteinlaw:
I wanted to apply for loan with them but they request for way way too much info. My bvn, access to my contacts, location, bank card, wow who would be that stupid to give out these For just 10k, i wouldn't do that for even 100k. Nigerians don't like warnings,they prefer to experience it themselves so no need for that.

And why should they give somebody they are not able to meet physically with getting the needed details to get their money back

This is business and that's how it's ran all over the world

No where ,no country will give you money without getting all info to get their money back

If 100 people collect 10,000 without paying back

If you are the business owner

How will you mitigate against looses

Do the maths

Use your mind

They are doing great

3 Likes

Re: Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam by dangoteinlaw: 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2019
Grandman:

And why should they give somebody they are not able to meet physically with getting the needed details to get their money back

This is business and that's how it's ran all over the world

No where ,no country will give you money without getting all info to get their money back

If 100 people collect 10,000 without paying back

If you are the business owner

How will you mitigate against looses

Do the maths

Use your mind

They are doing great

be honest grin you don't need those info to get your money back, that's just the tip of the iceberg.i was reading another loan app terms of condition and what it said is as long as you keep the app on your phone and you save as much more information on your phone as possible then your chances of getting a higher amount is sure. Ppl say after God fear govt but I say fear govt and govt alone, if govt can't hurt u nothing else will. This is a move by CBN and it is much worse, I pity those who have no choice but to take this loan, the end will be very disastrous. Those data is worth more than diamond to the Masterminds of this, they don't care about their money lol.
Re: Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam by Neduzze5(m): 6:57am On Dec 10, 2019
dangoteinlaw:
be honest grin you don't need those info to get your money back, that's just the tip of the iceberg.i was reading another loan app terms of condition and what it said is as long as you keep the app on your phone and you save as much more information on your phone as possible then your chances of getting a higher amount is sure. Ppl say after God fear govt but I say fear govt and govt alone, if govt can't hurt u nothing else will. This is a move by CBN and it is much worse, I pity those who have no choice but to take this loan, the end will be very disastrous. Those data is worth more than diamond to the Masterminds of this, they don't care about their money lol.

Someone who calls himself Dangoteinlaw is talking like a poor church rat.

The banks have your data as well in their database so all are quite same thing.

Paylater now Carbon uses your BVN and account number to run credit checks on you to determine if you can be eligible for their loans.

If you have a bad credit score anywhere, you won't be eligible for loans.

And yes, they do care about their monies as they pay salaries, need to make profit and are a licensed company.

Kapish.

1 Like

Re: Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam by dangoteinlaw: 7:05am On Dec 10, 2019
Neduzze5:

Someone who calls himself Dangoteinlaw is talking like a poor church rat.

The banks have your data as well in their database so all are quite same thing.

Paylater now Carbon uses your BVN and account number to run credit checks on you to determine if you can be eligible for their loans.

If you have a bad credit score anywhere, you won't be eligible for loans.

And yes, they do care about their monies as they pay salaries, need to make profit and are a licensed company.

Kapish.
look at this village man o with no sense of humor. Do the banks request you to put on your GPS or request to see your contacts list. This is modern day tracking and I must say the govt is very very smart for this sha Any sensible person especially those with little to hide won't grant access. Even after the whole data is collected your loan still won't get approved meanwhile one has already compromised his Identity to a devil in form a loan company who will sell your data for a much more higher price. Ppl complaining that Google and Facebook collects too much data but this right here is on a whole new level. Chai

1 Like

Re: Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam by olamariamjonez(m): 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
The person that is giving out loan is taking risk. So if you too need money, you have to give out your information as risk.
Lo ba tan.
Re: Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam by GoldenOkechukwu(m): 9:31pm On Jan 04, 2020
They didn't give you loan? E pain am!

1 Like

Re: Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 07, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
look at this village man o with no sense of humor. Do the banks request you to put on your GPS or request to see your contacts list. This is modern day tracking and I must say the govt is very very smart for this sha Any sensible person especially those with little to hide won't grant access. Even after the whole data is collected your loan still won't get approved meanwhile one has already compromised his Identity to a devil in form a loan company who will sell your data for a much more higher price. Ppl complaining that Google and Facebook collects too much data but this right here is on a whole new level. Chai
Reading this I can authoritatively say u re a fool

(1) (Reply)

Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast / Paying Your Taxes As An Enterprenuer In Nigeria (lagos) / Classic 3bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design + interior For Half Plot Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.