Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel (9932 Views)

Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / UNILAG Female Hostel Roof Leaks As Heavy Rain Water Fills The Rooms (Photos) / Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel Razed Down By Fire (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by celebsnest(m): 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2017

A fire has reportedly wrecked the female hostel in the Jos campus of the Plateau State Polytechnic

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the fire, which started around 8.30 a.m., raged on till 11.44, causing confusion among students and staff – No life was, however, lost.

A security man, Yusuf Ade said;

“Many students had left for lectures when the fire started; no one was around to remove anything from the burning hostel.”

The report also states that fire service personnel arrived the scene around 11.20 a.m. when the hostel had been brought down.

The Rector, Mr Dauda Gyemang, who described the incident as “shocking”, said the fire was started by a gas explosion – of which use of gas in the hostel is prohibited.

“We thank God that no life was lost in the inferno, but nothing was rescued,” he said.

“We shall move the students to another place because the building is completely burnt down. It is very devastating,” he said.

“The problem here is that students do not adhere to the institution’s regulations; they are not supposed to be cooking in the hostels,” he fumed.

The hostel’s Representative, Miss Christiana Azi, said the students lost everything “including original copies of their credentials, clothes, food stuff and other valuables”.

“The incident is shocking and devastating. It will be very difficult to recover from it,” she said.

https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/fire-razes-plateau-poly-female-hostel/
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by celebsnest(m): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2017
cc olawalebabs, cc Richiez, cc Fynestboi, cc lalasticlala, cc Mynd44
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2017
The report also states that fire
service personnel arrived the scene
around 11.20 a.m. when the hostel
had been brought down shocked

Who was carrying the hostel or was it on hotplate

*My first ftc i dedicate this to my grandma,and to any reading this may your grandma live long*
thank you.DROPS MIC

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by FemiEddy(m): 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
Firstly, thank God no life was lost
Secondly, those gals must like food, beans and hot plate grin, dey will now be forming undecided
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by zulex880: 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
Please guys let's ignore every tribalist on this forum and not reply their tribalism with tribalism but with silence. Trust me that's the way we can beat tribalist.

I know it hurts insulting your lineage but PLEASE IGNORE THEM
IGNORE THEM and watch as our silence kill them inside and drive them mad.

They may end up creating more monicker to reply themselves, still IGNORE and in the end OUR COLLECTIVE SILENCE will make a fool of them.

Every sane and educated person, please copy and paste along your text on Nairaland let everybody see it and let's KILL CYBER TRIBALISM TOGETHER.

Thanks for cooperating.

Ps: And my apologies if I am spamming but my goal is to spread this message and defeat tribalist who are no different from racist

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by pawesome(m): 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
I just d imagine fire service truck drivin frm Bukuru express to Heipang grin....e go don turn to ashes self befr dem reach
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by Heartmender1: 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
G
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by homosapien002: 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
O
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by SOLMICHAEL(m): 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2017

Thank God!! At least no life was lost!
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by marvisryt: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
FemiEddy:
woow

1 Share

Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by megareal: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
Students always breaking school laws and causing havoc by it.

Thank God, no life was lost.
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by Kizyte(m): 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
Why is it always in female hostel? Meanwhile, any teacher or lecturer wey go beat my pikin, sake of sey he fight, I go deal with that lecturer personally. sad

#My-pikin-must-be-a-fighter

1 Share

Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by FemiEddy(m): 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
[quote author=marvisryt post=59906761][/quote]
What can I do for you ?
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by Vokians(m): 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
Where is the photo of the razed down hostle?

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by Oluwaseyi00(m): 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by Franco93: 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
Thank God no live was lost, but how will the students face their lost files and receipt?
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by Flatties: 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
In Jos shocked
Must be coldfire
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by opecity: 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
hmmm
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
What a lost!!!

Well u need to see Creative @ it peak

A Nairalander Built A Masterpiece E-gov Website Sample For His State Government

https://www.nairaland.com/4017198/nairalander-built-masterpiece-e-gov-website
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by kafiz1(m): 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
sad one dere
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by kafiz1(m): 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
Vokians:
Where is the photo of the razed down hostle?
kai,op no capture dat one
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by Richy4(m): 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
what were they cooking?
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by Prestige16(m): 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
Why is it always the female hostel of institutions..?
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by buffalowings: 4:23pm On Aug 28, 2017
M
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by eyeon(m): 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2017
Until women burn down this world, they will not rest. grin

2 Likes

Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by Angy55(f): 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
[quote author=FemiEddy post=59906793]
What can I do for you ?[/quote

FemiEddy! FemiEddy! FemiEddy
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by sammuell(m): 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2017
FemiEddy:
Firstly, thank God no life was lost
Secondly, those gals must like food, beans and hot plate grin, dey will now be forming undecided
Something lite
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by GideonThomas(m): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
pawesome:
I just d imagine fire service truck drivin frm Bukuru express to Heipang grin....e go don turn to ashes self befr dem reach
jos campus and not main campus my friend
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by dust144(m): 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2017
Where are the pictures?
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by joenor(m): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2017
Humm Thank God say na only material things nine lost... life dey!
Re: Fire Razes Down Plateau Polytechnic Female Hostel by amazingspiderma: 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
In more sane society it is a crime to have people occupy any building without any fire safety measure in place.
Not to talk of an institution of learning where there should have been a fire protection strategy, delegation of responsibility and penalty for violations in place.
Right now, no one is held accountable, no lessons have been learnt, nothing whatsoever related to this incident will be studied.
The usual thing now is for the school to embark on a rebuilding project that would cost millions of tax payers money. Just like there has been appeal funding all over the country to rebuild markets and public buildings. Meanwhile fire protection would have cost less, a mere fraction to prevent such monumental losses. Structures that took and time years to build lost in minutes or hours, a mere fraction of time it took to raise the building.
Once commissioned, there is no fire training, fire safety communication for occupants,hostel wardens and facility managers. Is as if we have plans to rebuild everything in this country again from the foundations within a generation. And yet we still have other competing needs to meet. Is it the NFA house,factories and countless market places. In other safety related news it is a truck running into people or containers falling on people in traffic.
My point is that government and facility owners must as a matter of urgency employ fire safety expertise in evaluating building plans, building processes and building use so as to ensure building protection, occupants safety, and the enormous cost of replacing structure after a fire. This will help control both indirect cost and inconvenience of replacing original certificates, clothes or even death of an occupant.
An accident is simply a combination of unsafe acts and unsafe conditions. It can be stopped,managed and averted.
Fire and explosion as well as all health and safety related incidents can be prevented, and we must take it seriously in this country, whether it is in our homes, personal businesses or public buildings and industries.
Most fire incident have very high repercussions, both directly and indirectly. The benefits usually outweigh the cost. Let's start taking health and safety as well as fire protection serious.

PM me if interested in fire protection services.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

POLAC 2016 Exam Results Have Been Released / Maths Guru Please Help Me Solve This Simultaneous Equations For My Young(photo) / Many corrupt Nigerian leaders started with exam fraud - JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.