Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Inspector Bello Series 1- The Homecoming - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Inspector Bello Series 1- The Homecoming (451 Views)

Love Triangle 1 - The Storm / African Demigods (story Of Gods And Men. Series 1) / Gods And Legends. Episode 1. The Tale Of Ajala The Mortal That Became A God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inspector Bello Series 1- The Homecoming by stanee: 4:56pm On Aug 28, 2017
When David Nana Bello stepped into his apartment, he felt something was wrong. It was eerily quiet and cold, a sharp distinction from the reception he had met when he landed back in his homeland from another rescue mission. He had successfully led his small team to rescue about fifty kids from another set of human traffickers who he had been tracking for months. Bello, only able to catch one of the traffickers, threw all his anger and frustration at the tall lanky dude, splitting his upper lip with one punch before Soji his partner could pull him off.

'Bastard!' He spat at the suspect clearly passed out on the hot sand. He shrugged of from Soji's firm grip.

Back home, the team was welcomed back like heroes; cameras in their faces, lights flashing in their eyes and recorders almost shoved down their throats. Bello as he was fondly called expertly withdrew himself from the rowdy bunch and made his way to his superior's office. There he was welcomed with shot of whiskey , a firm handshake and sincere commendation.

"Bello, you have done it again! Need I ask how you nailed those busters?

Bello shook his head slowly, a smug smile graced his face.

"Well you have once again piqued the interest of our ogas at the top, they have brought a new proposal this time" The fat bellied man strutted briskly to the nearby drawer and pulled out a silver coloured file

"Hmmm....they are calling it Director, Anti-Trafficking Agency"

"Uh...No. The title, the agency, too bogus for me" Bello said, stifling a laughter

"Is that your excuse this time, Bello?" The superior asked, sticking the file roughly into the drawer and slamming it shut with his distended stomach.

"The next proposal they bring, am shoving it down your throat, you hear me Bello?

"Yes sir, I have to leave now, my wife-"

"Yes yes, you can leave, you have been away for far too long."

Now standing in the corridor of his apartment, Bello could hardly breathe. He flung the kitchen door open, everything looked in place, the parlor bore similar fate. It was the bedroom that made his insides twist and turn. Her side of the bed was in disarray, a broken glass on the floor with red juice soaked into the rug, almost dried. She has been gone for a while he thought. What really set him off was the wardrobe, with one door flung wide open. Clothes were scattered and hung out, like someone rummaged through them. The next thing he saw sent blood rushing to his brain, the box where they usually kept emergency money lay on the floor. Open. Empty.
"Oh My God! Christy!"

Bello ran into the Parlour and picked his phone, dialling for Soji in a mad haste. "Bastard! Pick up the phone will you!" He shouted when the line was ringing for longer than he could take.

"Soji here"

"God! Soji! My wife has been kidnapped!

"Where are you?"

"In my Parlour"

"Stay there, don't call anyone, don't do anything. I will be right there.

Bello hastily answered the loud bang on the door as hastily as he could.

"God! Bello, I came as fast as I could. What they hell is going on here"

"They have taken her Soji! How the hell am I gonna explain this"

Bello showed Soji around quickly.

The front door was intact when you came...this is strange Bello. Soji squeezed his brows with his fingers, turning around to think, trying to figure out what to do next.

"My past has come back to haunt me", Bello said, slumping into the couch.

"Hush man, don't talk like that, we don't know for certain yet. Have you called her parents?"

"Huh? And tell them what? I can't find your daughter?"

If your theory about the haunting past is right, then we have just one option"

"The stakes will be too high Soji!"

Higher than the value of your wife's life? Soji snapped at Bello, he was getting impatient.

The sound of the door knob shut their mouths up in an instant, when they heard the door open both men behind the couch instinctively. As they crouched behind the sitting furniture silently waiting for the presumed intruder, the two men reached slowly for their guns and with affirmed nods, they jumped out of their hiding shouting "Freeze!!"

Two hands flew up in the air, dropping it contents to the floor.

Bello was the first to recover from the shock.
Angela! What are you doing here? Bello shouted "Where is my wife?"

Soji slapped his hand immediately

"Christy is in the hospital, David"

"What!" Bello felt weak in his knees

Her sister went into labour....... To be continued.
Re: Inspector Bello Series 1- The Homecoming by adontcare(f): 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
What an intro! Fear gripped me. I thought something bad happened to Bello's wife.
Re: Inspector Bello Series 1- The Homecoming by tomzz(m): 5:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
i can deduce that the wife is pregnant nice story u've got but just make sure u update regularly and am gonna follow it to the end
Re: Inspector Bello Series 1- The Homecoming by stanee: 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
tomzz:
i can deduce that the wife is pregnant nice story u've got but just make sure u update regularly and am gonna follow it to the end

Thanks a lot, I will put new episodes weekly. but it's her sister who is pregnant.

(1) (Reply)

The Earth Wears A Halo: A Scifi/fantasy Series / Do We Really Agree With This Fact? / Profess Your Love To Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.