Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

My Husband Ask Me To Approve The Sale Of Our Child To Fund My Pride Price - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Husband Ask Me To Approve The Sale Of Our Child To Fund My Pride Price (526 Views)

Policewoman, Naomi Danlami, Fakes Her Own Kidnap To Fund Her Wedding (Photo) / I Went Into Robbery To Fund My Wedding – 20-yr-old Suspect / I Sold Marijuana To Fund My Education – Geophysics Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Ask Me To Approve The Sale Of Our Child To Fund My Pride Price by lovedayugo(m): 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2017
In a desperate bid to pay his wife’s bride price 10 years after impregnating her and luring her into cohabitation, Mr Ekwene Itba, is planning to sell one of his children to pay the bride price, a divorce-seeking woman, Esther Itba, told an Idi-Ogungun Customary Court at Agodi in Ibadan on Monday.

“My Lord, I kept on worrying him to pay my dowry until we had three children, but he refused until recently when he sought my approval to allow him to sell one of our three children to pay the dowry and formalise our marriage,” she said.

Esther had approached the court seeking the dissolution of her 10 years “union” on the grounds of non-payment of dowry, ill-treatment and failure to carry out his responsibility.

Esther told the court that Itba made love to her sometimes in 2007 and also impregnated her with a promise to pay her dowry later.

“I thought he was joking but kept on asking me to allow him to sell one of our kids if I wanted him to pay the money.

“Also I shouldered alone all the responsibilities for the feeding, school fees and other expenses of the three children.

“I, therefore, urged the court to dissolve the union because I can no longer trust him following his plan to sell one of our children,” she said.

The husband, Itba, denied the allegations, saying he had paid the dowry and also formalised his union with Esther.

He also denied any plan to sell one of his children for any purpose but described Esther as a troublesome woman, who never respected him as a husband.

He, however, objected to the dissolution of the marriage, saying “I do not want the children to suffer”.

The President of the court, Chief Mukaila Balogun, adjourned the case for a possible settlement.

He said the court was more interested in settlement of marriage disputes rather than dissolution, urging the couple to resolve their differences.

The case was adjourned until Sept. 6.

(NAN)

1 Share

Re: My Husband Ask Me To Approve The Sale Of Our Child To Fund My Pride Price by Nbote(m): 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
Which kind mumu story b dis one?? If d gal father no fit wait let him com and collect back his daughter..
Re: My Husband Ask Me To Approve The Sale Of Our Child To Fund My Pride Price by born2wyn(f): 10:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
this is insanity at its peak!!
Re: My Husband Ask Me To Approve The Sale Of Our Child To Fund My Pride Price by olamil34(m): 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2017
i give up
Re: My Husband Ask Me To Approve The Sale Of Our Child To Fund My Pride Price by femolacqua(m): 4:54am On Aug 29, 2017
What nonsense?

(1) (Reply)

I Stole My Boss’ Car To Travel To Europe / Man Came Down From His Car To Beat Road Safety Corp / 3 Friends Died In 1 Week – No Doubt, Davido Used His Friendsfor Ritual Purpose –

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.