Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,673 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays (909 Views)

Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) / Church In Ijebu Ode Flooded As Apostle, Others Walk Through Flood To Church / Father Mbaka Slams Critics, Says God Deserves Money And Will Punish Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by mumumugu(m): 11:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
flood has destroyed the home of a Christian lobbyist who preached that God sends natural disasters to punish gays.
President of the controversial Christian group Family Research Council, Tony Perkins, described a deluge of “near biblical proportions” hitting his Louisiana home.
During a broadcast on the group’s radio station, he told how he and his family had fled in a canoe.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/christian-home-destroyed-flood-tony-perkins-natural-disasters-gods-punishment-homosexuality-a7196786.html
Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by obinna58(m): 2:10am On Aug 29, 2017
Seems like gay's God is more powerful

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by JackBizzle: 6:07am On Aug 29, 2017
Felixomor, kingebukasblog,

How do you explain this? Does your God now love gays?
Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by 0temAtum: 6:48am On Aug 29, 2017
Yahweh has been punished by natural forces cheesy
Anyway, I sympathise with the victim cry while I spit on Yahweh the imprisoned god. grin

However, this is a case of coincidence. See another case here:

DOCTUFOS: Otem Erectus 117:19-23

19. Now the king called him aside and said, now tell me, did you see our ancestors in your sleep yesterday? Did they tell you to attack the land of Iruwa?
20. And Ugunwureyi said, I did not see anyone in my dream and no one told me to attack Iruwa. And O king, why did you ask this question?
21. And Omori said, I ask because I prayed to the nine great witches and wizards yesterday when the sun has moved towards the west. And I asked them that they should arise and win the battle for us.
22. And Ugunwureyi said, the battle was fought and won in the morning yesterday and even the cutting away of the head of the King of Iruwa was the last we did and it was done even far before noon.
23. So this is definitely not an answer from your ancestors to you because you prayed after it has happened. Now all the homos of this land who were captured by the Iruwans have I released. And they shall be here anytime soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by felixomor: 7:15am On Aug 29, 2017
JackBizzle:
Felixomor, kingebukasblog,

How do you explain this? Does your God now love gays?

The flood in Noah's days didnt spare Noah's house.
Even Lot lost his wife when Sodom was destroyed.
There is no need to discuss this further.

Pls Download a Bible and read.

1 Like

Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by JackBizzle: 7:44am On Aug 29, 2017
felixomor:

Noah no get house na! Noah sef don park im load for ark before baba god flood eferywhere.

1 Like

Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by sonofluc1fer: 7:48am On Aug 29, 2017
When bad things hit them, it's a trial from God.
When it hit others, it is God's wrath.

The pentecostal mentality is a very hideous and naive one.

3 Likes

Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by felixomor: 7:51am On Aug 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

Noah no get house na! Noah sef don park im load for ark before baba god flood eferywhere.

Where did the bible say so?
Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by sonofluc1fer: 8:05am On Aug 29, 2017
felixomor:

So, ehn, this Pastor had no reason to believe he'd be safe from the flood?

God's plan for Noah was better - the man, his family and those two mosquitoes were safe in the ark before the floods came. Surely, the new Covenant ought to have upgraded security features.

I don't think you'd agree though.

felixomor:

In dark and terrifying times - - such as when I'm having a discussion with you - - I tend to drink a lot of whiskey. It helps calm my nerves, and also provides motivation to give you an education.

It seems you have been a victim of miseducation - but if you'd be humble and listen to the voice of reason, there might still be salvation for your brain.

The story of Lot talks about the wrath of God against a town. Where this town was fictional or not is not the core of this debate - what lessons can we draw from the story ?

Lot, after being adviced by some sexy angels - - seriously, these guys were so hot the whole town wanted to Bleep them - - to leave the city, moved out with his children and wife.

Unfortunately, Lot's wife loved her home. Or maybe someone else. The angels had warned them not to look back while escaping - basically to act like Rambo walking away from an explosion, the fire and crumbling city lighting the background.

Love pulled Lot's wife's heart, her eyes turned to take in the fall of her beloved city, her people, and she turned into a pillar of sweetness.

Why do you choose to misinterpret such a beautiful story of love?

felixomor:

Look at you. You think discussion is throwing illogical bombs at your opponents till you exhaust them? Park well joor.

felixomor:

If common sense could be downloaded to your brain, that would improve the world's IQ average by a few points.
You have potential Felixomor.

3 Likes

Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by felixomor: 8:17am On Aug 29, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

[s]So, ehn, this Pastor had no reason to believe he'd be safe from the flood?

God's plan for Noah was better - the man, his family and those two mosquitoes were safe in the ark before the floods came. Surely, the new Covenant ought to have upgraded security features.

In dark and terrifying times - - such as when I'm having a discussion with you - - I tend to drink a lot of whiskey. It helps calm my nerves, and also provides motivation to give you an education.

It seems you have been a victim of miseducation - but if you'd be humble and listen to the voice of reason, there might still be salvation for your brain.

The story of Lot talks about the wrath of God against a town. Where this town was fictional or not is not the core of this debate - what lessons can we draw from the story ?

Lot, after being adviced by some sexy angels - - seriously, these guys were so hot the whole town wanted to Bleep them - - to leave the city, moved out with his children and wife.

Unfortunately, Lot's wife loved her home. Or maybe someone else. The angels had warned them not to look back while escaping - basically to act like Rambo walking away from an explosion, the fire and crumbling city lighting the background.

Love pulled Lot's wife's heart, her eyes turned to take in the fall of her beloved city, her people, and she turned into a pillar of sweetness.

Look at you. You think discussion is throwing illogical bombs at your opponents till you exhaust them? Park well joor.

If common sense could be downloaded to your brain, that would improve the world's IQ average by a few points.
You have potential Felixomor[/s].

Rubbish undecided
Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by sonofluc1fer: 8:25am On Aug 29, 2017
felixomor:

Rubbish undecided
Like your reasoning. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by felixomor: 8:43am On Aug 29, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Like your reasoning. grin

Sorry you dont reason like me.
What u wrote was the rubbish
Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by ifenes(m): 8:47am On Aug 29, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

So, ehn, this Pastor had no reason to believe he'd be safe from the flood?

You have potential Felixomor.
Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by sonofluc1fer: 10:16am On Aug 29, 2017
felixomor:

Sorry you dont reason like me.
What u wrote was the rubbish
I agree I don't reason like you, I'll take that as a compliment.

Show me how what I wrote was rubbish, if you can. Taunts and jibes are unnecessary when one claims to be smart and intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by felixomor: 10:23am On Aug 29, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

I agree I don't reason like you, I'll take that as a compliment.

Show me how what I wrote was rubbish, if you can. Taunts and jibes are unnecessary when one claims to be smart and intelligent.

The rubbish speaks for itself.
I simply refuted what another person said.
And you took the quotes out of context.
Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by dorox(m): 10:31am On Aug 29, 2017
Using the pastor's logic, we can conclude that he is a closet homosexual, that is why God sent the flood to destroy his house in order to punish him and expose him.

1 Like

Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by sonofluc1fer: 10:32am On Aug 29, 2017
felixomor:

The rubbish speaks for itself.
I agree. You speak for yourself.

quote author=felixomor post=59928399]
I simply refuted what another person said.
And you took the quotes out of context.
[/quote]
I'm sorry. Can we focus on the discussion now? Will that be too much to ask?

1 Like

Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by sonofluc1fer: 10:33am On Aug 29, 2017
dorox:
Using the pastor's logic, we can conclude that he is a closet homosexual, that is why God sent the flood to destroy his house in order to punish him and expose him.
E don tey o. How time flies.

1 Like

Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by felixomor: 10:34am On Aug 29, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

[s]I agree. You speak for yourself.

I'm sorry. Can we focus on the discussion now? Will that be too much to ask? [/s]

Rubbish again undecided
Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by sonofluc1fer: 10:38am On Aug 29, 2017
I thought as much.
Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by JackBizzle: 10:45am On Aug 29, 2017
felixomor:

Where did the bible say so?

Na tent im dey live na! U no watch the Noah film?
Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by felixomor: 10:49am On Aug 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

Na tent im dey live na! U no watch the Noah film?

Abeg, if u don't hav any other meaningful talk,.....
Zzzzzz.......
Re: Floods Destroy Home Of Pastor Who Says God Sends Flood To Punish Gays by dorox(m): 11:07am On Aug 29, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

E don tey o. How time flies.
E don tey no be small. How life dey treat you na?

(1) (Reply)

10 Weird Things That Happen To You When You Read The Bible / Science Fact: Earth Will Be Uninhabitable In 1500 Years. / The Mark Of The Beast Is Unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.