Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. (17421 Views)

FG, ASUU Meet In Abuja / Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday / Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by Victar(m): 9:52am On Aug 29, 2017
K
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by onyxo76(m): 9:57am On Aug 29, 2017
When the non-academic unions are already bracing up for their own strike anytime from now.Is there an end to this crisis in our Universities?
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by Benekruku(m): 10:17am On Aug 29, 2017
oceandive:

You can't even spell begin successfully

If your brains can't simply decode what transpired, accept my apology.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by DRISKLEF(m): 10:20am On Aug 29, 2017
Benekruku:
Make dem leave all these campus girls na!

Must ASUU resume so fast!

Leave the market saturated so Olosho`s can run out of business.

Prices have been dropping since ASUU begain its strike and the bonus of it all is that they re young, fresh and tight

See your life outside?

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 29, 2017
Oladipo1166:

bro that is a lie jor, we are celebrating our over 17years without strike.
Dey there dey celebrate. ASUU unilorin has two factions. By the time it's resolved and they reconcile which will happen soon you would understand better.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by ViQQQ: 10:27am On Aug 29, 2017
*Advertisement for 2017/2018 Post UTME Screening Exercise*
We wish to inform those who chose Rivers State University during the recent JAMB exam that the RSU Post UTME form is on sale.
*Requirements*
- Candidates must have JAMB score of 150 and above.
- Candidates must have five (5) credits in the relevant O'level subjects. However, those with awaiting results can apply.
- It is mandatory that Candidates should upload their O‘Level results and a scanned copy of their passport photograph.
*Registration Fee - 4,500
*Bank Charge + Processing Fee - 1,000
*Total Registration Cost - 5,500*
Call Ernest on 08143710903
*Registration Deadline*
The registration for the screening exercise will start from Monday 28th August,2017 and end on Friday 8th September, 2017.
*SCHEDULE FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE*
The screening exercise will take place from Monday 11th to Friday 22nd September, 2017 at the Information Technology Centre (ITC) of the University. The scheduled date, time and venue shall be indicated in the test slip.
Contact us for more information.
Share this information with your friends, family and contacts.
*Wish you well*
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by wildchild1: 10:33am On Aug 29, 2017
Strike is fun

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by NaijaGossipa: 10:51am On Aug 29, 2017
CornelG:
Bro you and i know no body will care to open that trash so if you know what is good and better for you, just jejely do copy and paste or forget it.
Meanwhile as usual now FTC

Is that why you are crying??...stop crying..
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 29, 2017
alert01:

You're a disgrace up to humanity
got no time for you!! because am 100% sure you cant talk to me face to face
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by lookingfly: 10:58am On Aug 29, 2017
E be like say you de hammer cheese ba....... Connect me na.
SWORD419:
i dey enjoy dis strike aswear
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by Adesoba5: 11:12am On Aug 29, 2017
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by omogin(f): 11:18am On Aug 29, 2017
Fear no let them do no work no pay
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by highness25(m): 11:41am On Aug 29, 2017
NaijaGossipa:

https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=Strike%3A+FG%2C+ASUU+Meet+Today.&client=ms-android-tecno&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
wetin concern me. Me that's on ma way to Abuja
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by Timika: 11:53am On Aug 29, 2017
Someone please wake me at Press time. I smell deadlock everywhere.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by robinwest: 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]i hope they resolve it
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by stephenabudu959(m): 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2017
ASUU has come again. Abeg shift lemme slip

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by Adewhunmiiii(f): 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2017
BREAKING: ASUU Shuns Meeting With FG

Channels Television  
Updated August 29, 2017

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has refused to attend a meeting with the Federal Government scheduled for today.

ASUU President, Biodun Ogunyemi, confirmed to Channels Television that the union will not attend the meeting.

According to him, ASUU has met, discussed the new offer from the FG and submitted a proposal to the government.

He said consequently, the union will only honour another meeting after receiving a reply to their proposal from the government.

The meeting was confirmed in a statement issued by the Deputy Director, Press, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Samuel Olowookere, late on Monday, which was called by Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, following the failure of ASUU to get back to the Federal Government after both parties met on August 17, 2017.

Others expected at today’s meeting were; the Ministers of Education and Finance, Mallam Adamu Adamu and Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, the Chairman, National Income Salaries, and Wages Commission, Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission and the President of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) Comrade Ayuba Wabba.

The Union declared an indefinite strike two weeks ago, citing the failure of the government to implement agreements reached with the union in 2009.

The National President of the union, Dr. Biodun Ogunyemi, announced this at a meeting of the National Executive Council (NEC) of ASUU in Abuja.

He said during the strike, there shall be no teaching, no examination and no attendance of statutory meetings of any kind in any of the union’s branches across the country.

Dr. Ogunyemi declared a ‘total, comprehensive and indefinite’ nationwide strike after a nationwide consultation with members at an emergency NEC meeting held on Saturday, August 12, 2017.

He explained in a statement issued after Saturday’s meeting that their decision followed the failure of the government to fully implement the 2009 FGN-ASUU Agreement and the 2013 Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).

The ASUU president added that related demands made by the union were yet to be addressed, which was why they resolved to embark on an indefinite strike from Sunday, August 13, 2017.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by Timika: 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
ASUU scores again, Remains the best striker of the week. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/breaking-ASUU-shuns-meeting-with-fg/
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. by fran6co(m): 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
bolaji3071:
That's the main reason why the strike would be called off today...
https://www.channelstv.com/2017/08/29/
breaking-ASUU-shuns-meeting-fg/ shey I tel u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Brief Success Story At The University / Primary School Pupils In Osun Protest Against Lingering ASUU Strike (Video) / Unilag Post Utme Date Finanlly Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.