Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,337 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice (1668 Views)

The Net Job / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by agborodun: 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
A friend just got 1 year renewable contract job of 95k net and a govt job of 55k net 30 years guaranteed.
Transportation: Almost thesame
Decision: confused on which to choose
Please Advise.
God bless you as you do objectively.
Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by ipobarecriminals: 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2017
undecided do both.It is always ur friend not u.

1 Like

Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by olayinks007(m): 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2017
I prefer d Govt job 2 d private, though i dnt knw d private firm we r talking abt here, cos in terms of job security i dnt really trust these private firms besides d job is even on contract so i will prefer d Govt job wit time thr will b promotion upon promotion nd other incentives r in govt job.
So dts my own opinion oo. It is well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by NCANpatroller: 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2017
Do both.
Pple just ve friends that needs them to broadcast their prob on NL

1 Like

Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by thesicilian: 12:36pm On Aug 29, 2017
agborodun:
A friend just got 1 year renewable contract job of 95k net and a govt job of 55k net 30 years guaranteed.
Transportation: Almost thesame
Decision: confused on which to choose
Please Advise.
God bless you as you do objectively.
Both are different shades of slavery. But if I have to chose I'd take the 55k govt job, it offers less stress and more free time to do your own business later (banks are more inclined to give you a a loan for business start up if you have a govt job as collateral).

4 Likes

Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by ipobarecriminals: 12:41pm On Aug 29, 2017
thesicilian:

Both are different shades of slavery.
there's nothing slavery in govt job%work.Only that laziness, gossipy is all they do there.U go to work any time and can even close b4 2pm.
Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by obonujoker(m): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
there's nothing slavery in govt job%work.Only that laziness, gossipy is all they do there.U go to work any time and can even close b4 2pm.

I wish all govt jobs can be privatised....
Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by muller101(m): 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2017
All slavery job.
Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by tosbobby(m): 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2017
ipobarecriminals:

God bless you.
Most people preferred govt. jobs for these reasons.
Govt job does not encourage professionalism.
Take the 95k job since its renewable.
You can always have the job provided you didn't commit fraud. The organization will not dare toy with you especially if you display the skills required and you can even upgrade n become a core staff.
You can save more from the private job n start something of your own timely.
At 55k net pay, trust me, you can't even save 50k monthly.
Be wise!

1 Like

Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by idu1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 29, 2017
One man business?

I ll pass bro...
Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by wunmi590(m): 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
tosbobby:

God bless you.
Most people preferred govt. jobs for these reasons.
Govt job does not encourage professionalism.
Take the 95k job since its renewable.
You can always have the job provided you didn't commit fraud. The organization will not dare toy with you especially if you display the skills required and you can even upgrade n become a core staff.
You can save more from the private job n start something of your own timely.
At 55k net pay, trust me, you can't even save 50k monthly.
Be wise!

Bad advice of the year.

@O.P, accept this opinion at your own peril

My own little advice to you is, take up the government job, never mind the pay, their are alot of advantages in government work, apart from job security that alot of people know.

You will have time for yourself, even if you want to further more your education, you will have more time to study and even go to classes, you can even have your own business and be running both at the same time, your job is very secure, honestly nobody can ever tell you to stop working one day in government, except your certificate are of "Oluwole" you know what I mean.

I have a street uncle who was working in bank and was earning close to 200k, but left to take up a government job, because of the security and the time he would have for himself.

Remember that's the 95k job is a contract job, and you can be fired at anytime.

2 Likes

Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by babyfaceafrica: 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
What exactly is the job?
Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by tosbobby(m): 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2017
You can't be fired at anytime; says who?
Ur uncle that was earning over 200k was able to make that decision because of what has been saved from the banking job.
If he had started with a govt job, would he have been able to take that decision?
A govt worker will hardly meet up if he/she honoured a private job riverse is the case.
How much can you raise perannum from a 55k job to enable you start a business of your own.
Govt job is a play ground for the weak employees.
How many govt workers is committed to further their academic? where is even the money when the money is not coming at when due.
Image an employee earning 3million naira upfront quaterly payment and working for the same 5working days. 6 or 7pm max closing time.
Work n gain ur financial liberty in limited time works most in private firms.
I no pitty you sha

wunmi590:

Bad advice of the year.

@O.P, accept this opinion at your own peril

My own little advice to you is, take up the government job, never mind the pay, their are alot of advantages in government work, apart from job security that alot of people know.

You will have time for yourself, even if you want to further more your education, you will have more time to study and even go to classes, you can even have your own business and be running both at the same time, your job is very secure, honestly nobody can ever tell you to stop working one day in government, except your certificate are of "Oluwole" you know what I mean.

I have a street uncle who was working in bank and was earning close to 200k, but left to take up a government job, because of the security and the time he would have for himself.

Remember that's the 95k job is a contract job, and you can be fired at anytime.
Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by wunmi590(m): 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2017
tosbobby:
You can't be fired at anytime; says who?
Ur uncle that was earning over 200k was able to make that decision because of what has been saved from the banking job.
If he had started with a govt job, would he have been able to take that decision?
A govt worker will hardly meet up if he/she honoured a private job riverse is the case.
How much can you raise perannum from a 55k job to enable you start a business of your own.
Govt job is a play ground for the weak employees.
How many govt workers is committed to further their academic? where is even the money when the money is not coming at when due.
Govt wotkers, most of them run after danfo or keke Napep but most private workers manage the back seat of a clean car.

Bros, lest leave this story, so that other people can also contribute, but government job is far far better, the advantages of government job out weight the private job, not even a permanent private job ooo, but contract private job (CPJ)

Have a nice day
Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by agborodun: 9:20am On Aug 31, 2017
God bless you all.
Re: 95k Net Job Or 55k Net Job? Please Advice by quietswagg: 10:15am On Aug 31, 2017
If you work in a government parastatal you might not be able to grow in your field but working in a private parastatal, you will be able to grow cos you ll be challenged to expand your territory by doing some professional courses and applyIng to other places which will make you a professional in your field.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Oando Nationwide Graduate Accelerated Programme 2019 / Beware Of 'Message From Russell Hanks' / How Can One B Fast In Critical Reasonoing Qstns?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.