Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,214 members, 7,815,242 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) (41057 Views)

Aerial And Ground Pictures Of The University Of Ghana / University Of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) Senate Building (Photos) / Benue State University Students Write Exams In Collapsed Building (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by Just30: 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2017
patola080:
Dey re building it but if dey re sick dey we nt b taking dia
you don't know what you're talking about
They attend public hospitals all the time here .
They only travel out when the treatment is not available in the country or want to seek experimental treatment

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by Just30: 1:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
TrumpDonald2:

Nigeria allocated over N6 billion Naira to buy cars for national assembly members. I don't know how many years and how much it took Ghana to complete the project but assuming Nigeria channels the above into projects as this, why won't we achieve it.

This is just one of the numerous misplaced priorities by the Nigerian government.
it took a year when actual work began to complete building
Has taken another year for it start operation

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by TrumpDonald2: 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
Just30:
it took a year when actual work began to complete building
Has taken another year for it start operation
OK. Do you know the cost?
Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by Just30: 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
TrumpDonald2:

OK. Do you know the cost?
217 million dollars

1 Like

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by O0XYGEN: 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2017
Andrew3:
Trust me this uni will soon be inundated with Nigerian students.
How many nigerian Science students get 8 A's in Wassce? Hahahah that's the qualification.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by O0XYGEN: 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
xcolanto:
This was built for Nigerians to flood in and pay the plenty money that they have..
More Nigerian forex loading to get to Ghana!
grin grin grin grin
The qualification is easy. You just need to be a science student with 8 A's in Wassce. How many nigerian Science students have been getting 8 A's? Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by Just30: 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2017
O0XYGEN:
How many nigerian Science students get 8 A's in Wassce? Hahahah that's the qualification.
after that , how many of them will pass the interview process
Then afford 20,000 dollars as a foreign student
Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by O0XYGEN: 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2017
Just30:
Hahahaha they have no idea.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by vaxx: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2017
Just30:
foreign student are not treated the same with local student .

in fact at most of the time , they may be consider for medicine with less than 8 As. the reason behind it is they pay much.

interview option can be waived.
at most of the time many of them are shuffled back to other science discipline. if they couldn't make 3. 00 gp. back then. I don't know the latest development.

I know foreign student enjoy upper hand in selection.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by xcolanto(m): 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
O0XYGEN:
The qualification is easy. You just need to be a science student with 8 A's in Wassce. How many nigerian Science students have been getting 8 A's? Hahahaha

what are you on about?
if its the 8A's Nigerians have them.
if its the cash they have it as well.
if its the brains them get am too.
my point is, any how it is... Nigerians would be there.
Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by O0XYGEN: 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2017
Freemancipation:

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Unlike Nigeria that has 3 major ethnic groups, Ghana has one dominant ethnic group both in land size and population ( the Ashanti). What ever majority of them decides is the direction the nation goes.
Stop propagating false info.Who told you Ghana has only one dominant ethnic group? Ashanti is not an ethnic group.
It's a tribe rather.
Even though Ashantis dorminate Ghana but there are more than 3 major ethnic groups in Ghana
Akans (Ashantis,Akwapems,Fantes,Akyems etc)
Ewe (That's where Jerry John Rawlings hails from)
Ga-Adangbe (The occupants of the capital of Ghana)
Up in the North we have many ethnic groups there aswell and thats where the former president of Ghana hails from

1 Like

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by O0XYGEN: 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2017
xcolanto:

what are you on about?
Nigerians have 8 A's? Hahah now that's funny. How many have you heard of?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by xcolanto(m): 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2017
O0XYGEN:
Nigerians have 8 A's? Hahah now that's funny. How many have you heard of?

That doesnt change the fact that Nigerians do!
Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by Just30: 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
xcolanto:

what are you on about?
except not in their numbers because of the kind of quota system that exist.
UG is not allowed to take more than 10% of entrants in medicine as foreign students
Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by xcolanto(m): 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
Just30:
except not in their numbers because of the kind of quota system that exist.
UG is not allowed to take more than 10% of entrants in medicine as foreign students

OK cool stuff... I guess that's to kepp Nigerians away too grin grin
Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by TrumpDonald2: 7:35pm On Aug 30, 2017
Just30:
217 million dollars
Wow! that's a lot of money and it has been properly used. Here in Nigeria, political office holders will rather launder it abroad in their private account than do something good with it for the country.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by kechywillz(m): 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2017
See Ghanaof yesterday!!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by lomprico(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
sKeetz:

Are you retardèd?

Am not o! But am 100% sure you are.
Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by nelsont1: 10:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
You're a big fool. Just shut uo
sKeetz:

You guys are yet to understand that good quality education is not cheap. As at last I check, medical students in Ghana pay as much as $2200 per year which is still very cheap when compared to other notable universities in Africa. And these university is still funded by the government.

If something like these is built in unilag or other federal unis and fees are increased so as to be able to maintain it, you will be the same people to start protesting. The sooner we come to terms with the fact that quality education is not cheap, the better for all of us.

We like things to be given to us on a platter but still complain that they are not enough. That's why we churn out half baked unemployable graduates every year and still complain of the fall in the standard of education.

If you think education is cheap, try ignorance.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by sKeetz(m): 10:43pm On Aug 30, 2017
nelsont1:
You're a big fool. Just shut uo

Rètard.
Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by phrancis99(m): 11:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
lonelydora:
STORY OF MY LIFE..

I'm a citizen of NIGERIA,
a die-hard ARSENAL fan,
I'm a GLO subscriber,
a student of LAUTECH....
incase you are thinking of how miserable your life has been!

MY FATHER IN HEAVEN!!!! shocked shocked shocked[color=#006600][/color]
Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by Just30: 12:16am On Aug 31, 2017
TrumpDonald2:
Wow! that's a lot of money and it has been properly used. Here in Nigeria, political office holders will rather launder it abroad in their private account than do something good with it for the country.
something needs to change in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) by JhyMedex: 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2017
sKeetz:

You guys are yet to understand that good quality education is not cheap. As at last I check, medical students in Ghana pay as much as $2200 per year which is still very cheap when compared to other notable universities in Africa. And these university is still funded by the government.

If something like these is built in unilag or other federal unis and fees are increased so as to be able to maintain it, you will be the same people to start protesting. The sooner we come to terms with the fact that quality education is not cheap, the better for all of us.

We like things to be given to us on a platter but still complain that they are not enough. That's why we churn out half baked unemployable graduates every year and still complain of the fall in the standard of education.

If you think education is cheap, try ignorance.
Boss, ur assertions have their merit..

Bt u not taking in2 cognisance dt Nigeria is a far richer country Dan Ghana...

last I checked Ghanaian GDP was barely 120bil dollars.. Nigeria's is almost 500bil dollars..

if Ghanaian Med students get to pay .$2200 per session n get dt high quality standards..

Nigerian medical students shld b able to pay $800 or less wit quality as gud or even beta dan wat is obtainable in Ghana...

the clear cut difference between d two nations is d leadership... one works for the pple the oda work for their progeny..
Go figure which is which ..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities Academic Staff(teaching) Salary Structure / Post Graduate Programmes In Nigerian Universities Outlined / Akeredolu Commissions Classroom With Modern Toilet For Public School (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.