Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' (2427 Views)

The Impetus Of Belief: How Religion Shapes Our Modern World / How Religion Works... / How Religion Draws People Back. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by omaolowo(m): 12:21am On Aug 30, 2017
Osula Daniel Enahoro Wrote This Heart Rending Narration.....

DO YOU know my biological father is a Chartered Accountant? I didn't grow up and wasn't raised by him well enough to be detailed about what he's all about. But the man is a Mathematics genius.

My mum has a TCII, B.Sc. (DELSU), M.Sc (U.I). No idea the courses she studied.

But do you know religion and superstitious belief ruined their union, altered the original plans and have shattered the destinies of my siblings and I?

Well... I pay a little too much attention, and even now holding conversations with them both, I've gotten to know more personal stuffs that I was too young to know back then.

Dad landed a job for then Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) and was doing well for himself. He built his first house in the village in 1986 and his house in Ejigbo Lagos, in 1992, a year after my birth.

In 1993, he landed a freelance contract for a company in Delta State and had to travel from Lagos. He had an accident along Ibadan expressway where a boy was killed. The whole occurrence cost him both the contract and his job.

Somehow, he got a job a lot sooner with Longmans, a Publishing Company and seemed to be on his feet in no time. We were still living at Maryland then, but his job with Longmans seemed to fetch him good money and he was continuing his house at Ejigbo at the same time he bought his first car. The year was 1994.

By 1996, he had managed to buy two more cars and gave my mum one with a driver he paid. Mum was a full time housewife then. Later she began complaining of being idle and they started a CHALEX foundation, coined from their names; Charity and Alex.

All was fine until 1997 when my elder sister, now late, fell terribly ill. Her sickness defied all medications and for the two years before she died, her medical bills mopped up finances and even had huge debts piling up.

All along, we had been devout Catholics: until my siblings later joined RCCG. But it seemed these churches were too gentle for my Mum as she sort urgent 'spiritual revolution'. Her prayer constantly was her not to bury any other kids of hers.

Then she found MFM. And this is how trouble that was mild escalated terribly. The pastor in the Ejigbo branch told her my father was a ritualist and he had used my elder sister to renew his pledge. That his loss of job was as a result of non renewal. He further went on to say the coconut tree in my father's compound was evil and we shouldn't eat from it anymore. This is coconut we had been eating from since we moved in!

Meanwhile, my father was seeking his own 'spiritual assistance' in white garment churches and they saw vision for him. They said 5 of his 7 kids alongside my mum, were witches sent to destroy him as he was the only well to do from his family.

That is how an M.Sc and an ICAN holder began ridiculing themselves in front of their kids for months - until the final divorce and separation. Religious leaders manipulated two adults who had spent years in school so much they hated each other. Now my siblings and I were torn apart. It was now a tale of who was more convincing in their story. I only narrated the lines that corroborated.

The fight against religious indoctrination and brainwashing is a personal fight for me. It is an experience with my shattered family that still haunts me until tomorrow. It is the fear that I'm surrounded by a lot of people who albeit their certificates and level of exposure are easily fooled and brainwashed by these vision seers, prophets and prophetess of doom, paedophile priest, fundamentalist Jehovah Witnesses and so on. I am scared. I am worried. If my father and mother after nearly 20 years of marriage with 8 issues can become worst enemies under the influence of religious and superstitious beliefs, how much more people who aren't related to me?

You may think rationality is being applied with faith these days, but I tell you, tales like people getting worked up over Tasha Cobbs doing a song with Nicki Minaj is how this sickness starts. Then it escalates to Pastors giving their congregation rat poison to drink, burning them to death, extorting them with seeds of faith and Pastor's offering, to judging their decisions and actions. And the shocking thing is; THEY OBEY WITHOUT ASKING QUESTIONS. THEY AREN'T FORCED. THEY WILLINGLY SUBMIT THEMSELVES TO THESE DEHUMANIZING TORTURE.

Adults are the ones with Lord's chosen armour rolling all over muddy waters with megaphones claiming to be going radical for Jesus. Think for a second what such person is capable of should Lazarus Mouka ask him to torch down his house because witches are holding meeting on the roof, and you happen to be a co-tenant?

You may think people are becoming rational until a Pastor mounts a pulpit and present responsibility as a marriage thing saying when you have a wife is only when you can be responsible, and at 35 or 37, being single makes you useless. And so you're pressured by these sermons to get into what you're not mentally, financially and emotionally prepared for and mess up kids lives on the long run. Birth kids to poverty, starvation and hunger. Where would your Pastor be then? How is the Church helping men and women from 30 and 35 get employed and raise families? Your Pastors are divorcing, priests are giving relationship and sex advice. What they claim never to engage in.

This is how we end up with so much mind chains that we can't freely express ourselves and human desires. Religious leaders demonize sex and make it an abomination until we catch Priests in the inbox of our girlfriends begging them for sex. Until an Otobo comes out open about your Pastor licking plate and you still defend with the 'touch not my anointed' BullShit. How many Priests and Reverend fathers have been caught with underaged boys and girls? They'll demonize everything to make you fit into their tiny mind controlling box. They said high heels are demonic. They said human hair is evil. They said make up is Antichrist. So their wives come out looking like a blown up balloon in heavy shoulder padded skirt suits while they run after little girls with Brazilian hair high heels and miniskirts.

What social impact has religion made other than tear people apart with segregation and condemnation? The Catholics don't like Protestants. Deeper Life's Sunday sermon is an indirect attack on Christ Embassy's lifestyle. RCCG think Winners are overdoing it. MFM says Lord Chosen don't serve the real God. Ordinary Campus Fellowship canvas for new members like political campaign. Jehovah's Witness is in an entirely different league. Heard the other day of a Jehovah's Witness who lost her life because of blood transfusion.

YET, YOU ALL PREACH THE BIBLE....

Now I tell you, the scarier thing is to think 'All is well' until it happens to you. To grow fond of, fall in love with, build a family, start a business, make plans with a religious person whose Pastor can call one day, sit him or her down, have a talk with them and see them bailout on all the plans you have made together. People have called wedding off after years of courting because the Pastor didn't like the man or woman or they didn't worship in their church. Contracts, admissions, business proposal and the likes have been retracted for faith and belief differences. So people are left shattered, desperate, broken, not good enough, hurt, lonely, broke, hungry, jobless because of your sick faith. Because you found claim to have found Christ on your wedding eve and he ministered to you that your spouse isn't the right person for you after years.

How do you think it isn't worrisome to be around folks who believe Isaac should have been killed for test of faith? People who can actually ridicule their Mothers, Aunties and relatives because the Pastor saw a vision and tagged them witches.

Olu Bunmi had been running a series for DV and rape victims and people had been supporting sharing their stories and commenting their thoughts, well wishes, prayers and goodwill messages. Until when she put out a post about Oyedepo. Hell was let lose on her wall. Religion sapped away every iota of common sense in most women on that thread as they took defence for their 'Spiritual Papa'.

I am scared for my society. Scared of my environment and the kind of people I'm surrounded by. I am scared I have lost and is bound to keep losing people who matter to me because of religious ignorance and overzealousness. I am scared I'll get hurt by people's insecurities and harms that would make them blame the devil, read Psalm 21 and walk free. I am scared that notorious criminals and psychopaths use churches as rehabilitation centers by answering altar calls and making confessions that should ordinarily land them in jail to serve a life term. But they would be anointed and become a Pastor while his victims lie in the dirt. That people still give ill gotten monies to Church and are glorified. That testimonies are coined from the inspirations of your fellow man's woes. I am scared there are still Doctors, Lawyers, Professors and the likes who still believe faith in God is the solution to all these ills and "unless the lord builds the house, the builders build in vain".

Worse, I fear that this message will be read, not processed, not regurgitated, but pass through your eyes and mind with the glaring truth nearly blinding you, but deep rooted indoctrination won't allow you think for yourself.

I fear for reasons too numerous to mention.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 30, 2017
I feel your pain, I was also a product of religious brainwashing and the madness it produced until God had mercy on me. I have now managed to de-brainwash all my kids and wife and this is my greatest achievement to date.

All God wants is for us to show kindness to our fellow man, love and not hate, forgiveness and not malice, lend and not withhold, be satisfied with the little we have rather than lusting after the goods and gifts of others. True religion is not speaking in gibberish tongues, seeing visions from deluded profit seeking charlatans or indulging oneself in convoluted theological rigmarole which amounts to nothing but strife, arguments, and benefits nobody.

Speak to your parents with wisdom and in time they will come to see their mistakes and perhaps reconcile but flee from all these cults called churches and their charlatan so called MOG.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by obinna58(m): 1:03am On Aug 30, 2017
Name - religion

Creation - mafians

Most successful location - Africa

What people think they are doing - Struggling for world peace and order, making sure everyone ends up being happy

What they are really doing - Causing conflicts, violence, destruction, manipulation, and brainwashing

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by SamzackD(m): 1:26am On Aug 30, 2017
Religion without questions, make's one a fool,

when you fail to question why things are the way they are or why it's happening that way, you end up as a lamb to the slaughter that goes anywhere the Shepherd wants it to go,

over religiousness clouds the sense of reasoning and makes you a maga to religious leaders.

3 Likes

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 30, 2017
That's a long one, sorry about your family ...I wish i had gone to a university of theology instead of university of Tech. I for don dey drive G-box now sad

Until an Otobo comes out open about your Pastor licking plate and you still defend with the 'touch not my anointed' BullShit.

3 Likes

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by Nukilia: 2:09am On Aug 30, 2017
What a world! Filled with religiously terrible folks, from president to the masses

2 Likes

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 5:04am On Aug 30, 2017
omaolowo:
Osula Daniel Enahoro Wrote This Heart Rending Narration.....

DO YOU know my biological father is a Chartered Accountant? I didn't grow up and wasn't raised by him well enough to be detailed about what he's all about. But the man is a Mathematics genius.

I fear for reasons too numerous to mention.
I honestly feel your pain.

I am a Christian but I am not a religionist. Religions kill but its the Relationship that gives life. Jesus didn't sell religion to people, Jesus introduced God as our Father (a relationship).

You have in your pain committed "over generalization": like an American who was robbed at gun point in a molue in mushin saying " Nigerians are Armed Robbers". Yes, his experience is true: but is his conclusion also true?

True religion is about love for God and Love for Man or what did Jesus say was the greatest commandment.

Immaturity caused the problems between your parents: so, who was immature? How can such be redeemed?

Connect with that Relationship Christ was talking about

4 Likes

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by dominique(f): 9:46am On Aug 30, 2017
Hmmm deep
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by An2elect2(f): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2017
Pity!!

Tho didn't see religion destroying your family, I saw two occultic systems and two gullible adults.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by analice107: 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
@Op. It's a pity that your parents threw away their Bibles and shunned Jesus, but followed men instead.

Jesus never called us to follow Men of God, he called us individually to follow Him through the guide he has given us, the Bible.

You are angry and bitter, it's understandable, but Christianity is not the problem in your family, not even the Occultic men parading as godly men, the problem in your family is your parents.

I have eyes, i can read, i have a Bible, the Holy Spirit is open for everyone to access, so why not find out what the Bible says about marriage and family and do it?

Satan is the only one who turns men against men. God can never turn loved ones against each other.

This story here is a good eye opener for people who run to prophets to be told what they want to hear not what they need to hear.

Once again, am so sorry for what this has put you and your siblings through.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by Wilgrea7(m): 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2017
I'm really sorry for what you had to go through
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by livingseed: 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2017
Religion is not even the dispute here. I feel what ruined the marriage is just a case of dearth in true love and trust existing between the parents which was tested nicely possibly after they met with their different religious leaders.

Sigh... Stay strong narrator.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by PastorAIO: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2017
How many cases do you need to hear off before it is no longer an over generalisation? Me personally, I would say there isn't a single nija family that has not been adversely affected by religion in some way or the other, even without their realising it.

shadeyinka:

I honestly feel your pain.

I am a Christian but I am not a religionist. Religions kill but its the Relationship that gives life. Jesus didn't sell religion to people, Jesus introduced God as our Father (a relationship).

You have in your pain committed "over generalization": like an American who was robbed at gun point in a molue in mushin saying " Nigerians are Armed Robbers". Yes, his experience is true: but is his conclusion also true?

True religion is about love for God and Love for Man or what did Jesus say was the greatest commandment.

Immaturity caused the problems between your parents: so, who was immature? How can such be redeemed?

Connect with that Relationship Christ was talking about

2 Likes

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by PastorAIO: 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2017
And this hit the nail of the problem right on the head of where it is. Can you see how it immediately becomes the OP parent's fault?

How did analice know that his parents threw away their bible? This is just the typical victim blaming. The girl who was raped was walking around ill dressed. The guy who was duped was a mumu for trusting his oppressor etc etc etc....

The extent of this evil knows no bounds.

analice107:
@Op. It's a pity that your parents threw away their Bibles and shunned Jesus, but followed men instead.

Jesus never called us to follow Men of God, he called us individually to follow Him through the guide he has given us, the Bible.

You are angry and bitter, it's understandable, but Christianity is not the problem in your family, not even the Occultic men parading as godly men, the problem in your family is your parents.

I have eyes, i can read, i have a Bible, the Holy Spirit is open for everyone to access, so why not find out what the Bible says about marriage and family and do it?

Satan is the only one who turns men against men. God can never turn loved ones against each other.

This story here is a good eye opener for people who run to prophets to be told what they want to hear not what they need to hear.

Once again, am so sorry for what this has put you and your siblings through.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by hopefulLandlord: 3:32pm On Aug 30, 2017
PastorAIO:

How did analice know that his parents threw away their bible?

are you forgetting the fact that "True Christians" like Analice has holy spirit that reveals truths to them?

2 Likes

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by DoctorAlien(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2017
It's a pity that your parents were misled by false teachers who deceive people for selfish gains. The Bible warned us against them:

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." 2 Pet. 2:1-3

The solution now is not distance yourself from GOD, as that would mean giving oneself totally into the hands of Satan the archdeceiver. Counsels that seek to separate married people certainly are not from GOD, who hates divorce so much(Matt. 5:32; 19:9). GOD can heal broken relationships, and by trusting in His Word alone, you will never be misled/deceived.

1 Like

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by MaziOmenuko: 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
OP, this is the hard truth we face in the society today; all religious but no love. Men parading as special servants of god and seeking the easiest of all preys to bounce on. Religion is the greatest threat to humanity; not wars, not famine, not hurricane or any natural disaster but religion.

PastorAIO:

How did analice know that his parents threw away their bible?

Seems you don't frequent this section often. Analice is the only true christian in this board; her version of Christianity is the one and only best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by analice107: 5:11pm On Aug 30, 2017
PastorAIO:
And this hit the nail of the problem right on the head of where it is. Can you see how it immediately becomes the OP parent's fault?

How did analice know that his parents threw away their bible? This is just the typical victim blaming. The girl who was raped was walking around ill dressed. The guy who was duped was a mumu for trusting his oppressor etc etc etc....

The extent of this evil knows no bounds.

Perhaps if they had read their Bible by themselves rather than depend on others to read it for them, their family will be intact today. Why is everyone blaming Men of God today and cussing God? Isn't it because they threw Christ away and trusted in men of God?

1 Like

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by PastorAIO: 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2017
analice107:

Perhaps if they had read their Bible by themselves rather than depend on others to read it for them, their family will be intact today. Why is everyone blaming Men of God today and cussing God? Isn't it because they threw Christ away and trusted in men of God?

What if they were illiterate nko?

1 Like

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by Mujtahida: 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
The most wickedest lie ever uttered in the world is this: 'God said...'
In a book to a so called chosen people.

But yet the Sun shines on all, rain rains on all(God cannot act one way in nature and otherwise in scripture).

O Sun were I to worship I'd worship you for you are the most high, the living one, true, faithful, loving, kind, your generous rays warms the earth and breathes health, healing and power on all. With you no terror of hell, you are silent yet your light speaks, you are living and active, fresh every other day not stale like other so called gods whose words are recorded in books- dead, cold, sterile. You have no priest or pastors to lie and deceive the people, you do not have temples built by human hands so that the people would not endlessly slave to build temples, cathedrals, synagogues. You require no offerings or tithes nor sacrifices of rams, goats, labour and a son for you are giving and forgiving.

Truly you are good, not once have you refused to shine because of the 'sins' of men unlike Jehovah who claims to be merciful but promotes genocide for us gentiles while we are on earth and eternal roasting in hell when we die. Unlike Jehovah who will not bless, heal, provide, protect if we fail to observe the minutest details of his numerous traps he calls Laws.

More reasonably you O living Lord are not invincible, day by day you appear to remind us that you are for us. No wonder the ancients from ancient Egypt, India, Greece, the druids and the people of the antipodes worshipped you.

Even if you are not God you are better than Jehovah, the mad monster, you are better than yahweh, the schizophrenic, bloodthirsty mindfucker. O Sun, You are my song.

4 Likes

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by analice107: 7:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
PastorAIO:

What if they were illiterate nko?
You know i asked the Holy Spirit that question once. Do you know the answer he gave me?

Which language do i speak? is the question he asked me. Let me ask also ask you the same question.

Which language does the Holy Spirit speaks?

He said, if you can understand your own language, you can understand me.

How many of Jesus' disciples where educated?

The Holy Spirit lives in our minds not our ears.

1 Like

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by PastorAIO: 8:30pm On Aug 30, 2017
I believe you misheard me. I didn't ask if they were polyglots. I asked, what if they are illiterates?

Unless you, like many Nigerians it seems, don't know what an illiterate is.

Literacy has no bearing on ears. You can be deaf sef and still be literate.

analice107:

You know i asked the Holy Spirit that question once. Do you know the answer he gave me?

Which language do i speak? is the question he asked me. Let me ask also ask you the same question.

Which language does the Holy Spirit speaks?

He said, if you can understand your own language, you can understand me.

How many of Jesus' disciples where educated?

The Holy Spirit lives in our minds not our ears.

3 Likes

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by Wilgrea7(m): 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2017
many people saying the parents were wrong obviously don't know what it feels like to be deceived by the words “God said" or “the spirit of the lord said".. muslims who blow themselves up do it because they believe God said so.. even the Bibles and Korans we are to turn to still have the tag “God said".. i know what it feels like to think your close family member is a witch.. i once thought that about a close family member until i left dogmatism.. when someone is looking for a solution.. the person can be easily deceived.. i don't blame the parents at all.. we live in a society where everyone is the enemy but yourself.. where laziness and blaming a family member and shouting hallelujah is easier than working or trying to solve problems.. i do agree that there are supernatural things and some forces can influence certain things.. i do agree that people like you and me cam acquire dark powers to make someone suffer.. but we've been fooled to hate everyone.. including our friend because we think a devil somewhere is trying to get us.. the verse in the bible said it right.. my people perish for lack of knowledge

3 Likes

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by obisco4u: 9:30pm On Aug 30, 2017
Pastors, God, Budah, Allah and all that crap can't help anyone. That's why the white men are better than us. When in trouble they seek professional help, while Africans run to men of god and spiritualists.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 1:06am On Aug 31, 2017
PastorAIO:
How many cases do you need to hear off before it is no longer an over generalisation? Me personally, I would say there isn't a single nija family that has not been adversely affected by religion in some way or the other, even without their realising it.

I am fortunate to be surrounded by so many positive examples of Christian families. Mine is also a good christian family relationship.

It is possible our experiences differ greatly but since you've not been in my sphere, I will still conclude that you overgeneralize.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by PastorAIO: 4:30am On Aug 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

I am fortunate to be surrounded by so many positive examples of Christian families. Mine is also a good christian family relationship.

It is possible our experiences differ greatly but since you've not been in my sphere, I will still conclude that you overgeneralize.

However, how many cases do you need to hear of before it ceases to be an over generalisation? 10 cases? 20? 500?
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 7:12am On Aug 31, 2017
PastorAIO:

However, how many cases do you need to hear of before it ceases to be an over generalisation? 10 cases? 20? 500?
As long as there are several exceptions, its still an overgeneralization. Like the statement:
ALL Nigerians are currupt! Is an overgeneralization even if 90% (significant proportion) is corrupt.
Same with statements like Asians are intelligent!

And so also the Topic of the OP!
Religion didn't destroy the OPs Family: immaturity of one or both sides of the principal Actors did.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by JackBizzle: 7:37am On Aug 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

You and analice will lie to defend christianity from any criticism.

People like you can kill an unbeliever and still sleep well at night feeling holy

1 Like

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by PastorAIO: 7:43am On Aug 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

As long as there are several exceptions, its still an overgeneralization. Like the statement:
ALL Nigerians are currupt! Is an overgeneralization even if 90% (significant proportion) is corrupt.
Same with statements like Asians are intelligent!

And so also the Topic of the OP!
Religion didn't destroy the OPs Family: immaturity of one or both sides of the principal Actors did.

I see your point.

Would you include statements like 'Religion Kills'? Or would you say you overgeneralised there?

Also, in defence of the OP he didn't say all religions destroy families. He spoke of the specific instance of his own family and the havoc wreaked on it by a religion.

1 Like

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 7:48am On Aug 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

You and analice will lie to defend christianity from any criticism.

People like you can kill an unbeliever and still sleep well at night feeling holy

They say:
Let's give a Dog a bad name so that you can have a good excuse of Hanging it.

I believe that hatred for Christianity will make some people put every blame on the adherents irrespective of whether they are implicated or not.

Statistically, what you are saying is that Practicing Christians are more likely to have a Broken marriage than others.

Aren't you biased?

All our celebrities are practicing Christians, that's why the rate of divorce is so high among them! SMH
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by hopefulLandlord: 7:51am On Aug 31, 2017
PastorAIO:

I see your point.

Would you include statements like 'Religion Kills'? Or would you say you overgeneralised there?

checkmate

hail the chess master
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by hopefulLandlord: 7:53am On Aug 31, 2017
Wilgrea7:
many people saying the parents were wrong obviously don't know what it feels like to be deceived by the words “God said" or “the spirit of the lord said".. muslims who blow themselves up do it because they believe God said so.. even the Bibles and Korans we are to turn to still have the tag “God said".. i know what it feels like to think your close family member is a witch.. i once thought that about a close family member until i left dogmatism.. when someone is looking for a solution.. the person can be easily deceived.. i don't blame the parents at all.. we live in a society where everyone is the enemy but yourself.. where laziness and blaming a family member and shouting hallelujah is easier than working or trying to solve problems.. i do agree that there are supernatural things and some forces can influence certain things.. i do agree that people like you and me cam acquire dark powers to make someone suffer.. but we've been fooled to hate everyone.. including our friend because we think a devil somewhere is trying to get us.. the verse in the bible said it right.. my people perish for lack of knowledge

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Were The "Giants" In The Days Of Noah? / Atheists, Let Us Discuss Christianity. / Please What Religion Did Jesus Christ Practiced?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.