Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG (32755 Views)

Twitter User Mocks Tecno And Itel Phones, Gets Savage Reply / Twitter User Laments Over Exploded Samsung Phone / Twitter User Reports MTN N50 For 5GB Cheat. Nigerians Blast Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 30, 2017
Sunnynwa:

What he's saying is that when you call Nigeria from the UK, instead of the UK number you called with appearing on the recipient's phone, a Nigerian local number will appear. This has happened to me a many times too and people will be asking, "when did you come back?"

The reason that is happening though is because the FG through the NCC increased tariff for international inbound calls by more than 500%. This made the foreign network providers to now route their call through local Nigerian numbers do they are charged as local calls.

Cunny man die, Cunny man bury am grin grin grin
Now I know why.
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by mykel25(m): 11:04am On Aug 30, 2017
Yes! Plus money ll be deducted from the caller and the receiver
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by oieda: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2017
Addicted2Women:

This guy is probably an 18 year old kid

Why would i want my phone number to show when i call Nigeria or some other countries ??

That's why i don't have a phone number or SIM card in my phone, i just download a textme app on my phone and get a free phone number

This is 2017 and not 1965, no one trips for foreign phone numbers anymore

As in Are you for real?

Is it that you don't know that a lot of people, especially in the corporate world, top business class, and others won't pick your call if they don't know you? Do you know the amount of transactions one won't have or the communication hitches one will face because of this?

3 Likes

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 30, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Why would i want my phone number to show when i call Nigeria or some other countries ??

That's why i don't have a phone number or SIM card in my phone, i just download a textme app on my phone and get a free phone number

When it's time to demonstrate to the Visa Officer at the embassy that you're in a continuous and viable relationship, then you'll know the value of displaying the correct incoming number.

Also, some of us conducting commerce finds it useful.

2 Likes

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2017
oieda:

As in Are you for real?

Is it that you don't know that a lot of people, especially in the corporate world, top business class, and others won't pick your call if they don't know you? Do you know the amount of transactions one won't have or the communication hitches one will face because of this?

My MaiGuard was not picking my calls because of this.

Now he needs to pick ALL calls in case it's Oga.
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by SmartMugu: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2017
Machiavelli1:
WTF is he saying?
I know what he's saying. I live in the US. Every time I call my friends and family members in Nigeria through Rebtel (The service I use for international calls), everyone asks if I'm back in Nigeria because what they see is a Nigerian number. Not sure if that's something new but it wasn't like that before.

2 Likes

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by koboko69: 11:18am On Aug 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

But not happening with Lycamobile.

It happens, but not all the time. But it does often....
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by victorioushands: 11:20am On Aug 30, 2017
Machiavelli1:
WTF is he saying?

It's true. Calls from some of my friends abroad always show different Nigerian numbers when they call. It can be a problem of some varying degrees because you have to trust them enough to believe they are not actually in Nigeria while they say they are still abroad.
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Priceless200(f): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2017
Sunnynwa:

What he's saying is that when you call Nigeria from the UK, instead of the UK number you called with appearing on the recipient's phone, a Nigerian local number will appear. This has happened to me a many times too and people will be asking, "when did you come back?"

The reason that is happening though is because the FG through the NCC increased tariff for international inbound calls by more than 500%. This made the foreign network providers to now route their call through local Nigerian numbers do they are charged as local calls.

I see... I have been noticing this for a while now, not just UK but also those calling from US. Now I understand. Nawa oo
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by nnokwa042(m): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2017
three:

Lebara always shows random numbers already so no change there
I for say if I call Naija with my Vectone or Lyca my sister will be asking me if am in Naija while I dey my working place for austria
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Satansadvocate(m): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2017
trustyshoess:

grin grin
Chaii

grin
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by waxxydude: 11:33am On Aug 30, 2017
Addicted2Women:

How do you do it with that Textme app.
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Denko2721987(m): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2017
Infact its not only from the UK but from all international calls.. At first i was thinking its because they were calling from a phone-boot... but why did they go ahead with this without informing Nigerians... Imagine expecting an international call with an international number and seeing an unknown nigerian number and avoiding it.. Its not right
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 30, 2017
Sunnynwa:

Hmm, so no matter what one does you can't escape punishment from Nigeria for as long as you have family their.

1 Like

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by kelzgie: 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2017
three:
This twitter user says the number mix up is an FG policy for cheaper calls!
lol.. even when I receive calls from the US sometimes.. it shows Nigeria number pattern... and other times, it doesn't
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by IamUdo(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2017
Even with your PHD you could not decipher that. Intelligence doesn't breed smartness
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by tayadof9ja(m): 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

But not happening with Lycamobile.
it's even worse with Lycamobile@italy. For weeks now, anytime I call home, Nigerian local number appears while when called from Nigeria, UK number appears on my screen
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by koolModee: 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2017
You're big fool. I blame Nairaland that keep posting very dull topics. All IQ reducing topics:
richidinho:
This Buhari govt has taken so much from the citizen yet there is absolutely nothing to show for it

We are the one subsidizing the govt

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Omzie(m): 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Yes you can do that quite alright. But perhaps the OP (and other people don't know about this, moreover, u have to pay to get that number on textme active, ITS NOT FREE). The main point here is that, when you receive calls from outside, it shows a local number instead of the international number, and when you try calling that local number back (trying to reach ur international counterpart) IT NEVER GOES THRU. Happens to me recently, I receive calls from our branch head in the U.K., but when I try calling the local number it shows, it never goes. I can only call him back because I have his U.K. Number saved on my fone. What of those that don't have his number, how do they reach him back when he calls them. So u see, the OP is right!

1 Like

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Boyooosa(m): 5:07pm On Aug 30, 2017
Sunnynwa:

The reason that is happening though is because the FG through the NCC increased tariff for international inbound calls by more than 500%. This made the foreign network providers to now route their call through local Nigerian numbers so they are charged as local calls.

the man own too, too much. Must they know that he works and he lives in UK. If some of his 'Callees' are too slow in keeping information in their memory box, he should be repeating himself as often as possible na, and pay less. Must they know that he lives in uk, what of if he lives in Abuja and he uses mtn number to call, wont they see his mtn number? what is the difference btw london and abuja, are they not capitals of countries? Nigerians sef with uk hype.
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by AreaFada2: 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2017
centboy123456:

is it just only UK and the USA
Germany too. Was visiting there and called 9ja with Lyca. Same happened.

Some people here claim no need to use sim, that WhatsApp is used now. For me calling elderly relatives with the poor quality WhatsApp sound is just not on

Some just express their ignorance and bitterness anyhow.
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by centboy123456(m): 11:01pm On Aug 30, 2017
AreaFada2:

Germany too. Was visiting there and called 9ja with Lyca. Same happened.

Some people here claim no need to use sim, that WhatsApp is used now. For me calling elderly relatives with the poor quality WhatsApp sound is just not on

Some just express their ignorance and bitterness anyhow.

that bad well we are going to use to it
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by zonax(m): 1:07am On Sep 09, 2017
GavelSlam:

Na only you dey outside country?
Am not here to argue with you. It's obvious you have a lot of time to waste
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by zonax(m): 4:21am On Nov 14, 2017
GavelSlam:

Na only you dey outside country?
Na so I no get time for mumu like you
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Keballl: 7:05am On Nov 14, 2017
zonax:

Am not here to argue with you. It's obvious you have a lot of time to waste

He is a stone wall Buhari arzzzz licker, no wonder he has the temerity to defend the ultra foolishness of this administration cos he isn't directly affected.
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by zonax(m): 6:18am On Nov 16, 2017
Keballl:

He is a stone wall Buhari arzzzz licker, no wonder he has the temerity to defend the ultra foolishness of this administration cos he isn't directly affected.

Lol. most of them are unemployed and frustrated so they only feel powerful when they stay behind their device to attack everyone except the per who's the cause of their trouble.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out Samsung Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus Price In Nigeria / NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators / #Xenophobia: Angry Nigerian Burns His MTN Mifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.