Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% (6697 Views)

How To Use MTN Mpulse 1.2GB For N150 To Power All Apps / Accugas Increases Gas Supply To 391MW FIPL Power Plants / Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by jamace(m): 10:55am On Aug 30, 2017
Hmm. Just reading on paper. No light in my area.
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by shedy03(m): 11:03am On Aug 30, 2017
it's been terrible at my location since baba left London cool
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 30, 2017
marvin902:
i must admit power supply is getting better now undecided undecided
In your area only
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2017
Juciano1:
Which kind story be dis
That's the truth
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 30, 2017
COMPAQ:

We Nigerians are always looking for crash in everything! Crash in phone tariffs, crash in electricity prices, crash is price of cars, crash in dollar rate. And for what? Only to consume. You better put on your thinking cap to find out what you can Produce! My dad told me when i was young not to pray for prices of stuff to come down cos they never will, but rather to pray to be able to continue to afford it. Meaning my income will have to rise to meet it. $1 in 1980 America will buy much more than one dollar today, so it's not only in Nigeria prices go up. Do you look at the cost of production at all before expecting priced to come down? So everyone should make losses because of you abi.
You're correct but look at it from this angle, do producers in Nigeria crash their prices when cost of production falls? If they do, they're fewer if not none at all

1 Like

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by MrBONE2(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2017
Dalek:
since last week light just steady, here for ikorodu fridge dn block even peeps in ogijo(ogun state) enjoying light. we never on generator for nyt for the past 2 weeks.
in my Area one of the most rural settlements in Nigeria we us to experience 20 to 23 hours of Light. grin
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by AZeD1(m): 11:54am On Aug 30, 2017
gabe:
The only reason we have poor power is pipeline vandalism by 'patriotic' militants.. GEJ built many gas power plants with up to 5000MW optimal output. Problem was the transmission lines could only take 3,000mw+. Fashola improved output to 6000mw+ and improved transmission to 5,000mw+. The only problem is gas to power the plants as some useless people keep blowing up the gas lines.
Can you name the power plants GEJ built?
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Ekg911(m): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2017
Please...FG, NNPC, and PHCN etc we need 24/7 light always in Nigeria...for Godsake we have oil, gas and still yet we can't boast of 24/7 light...shame to Nigeria
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by venchylogs(m): 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
Where is the gas?
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by hmuhammad(m): 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2017
EzekielAdetoyi:
this is bullshit cus in my area its still 500/kg
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy you no go kill person. No be cooking gas dem de refer to here o
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by GreatCracker(m): 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2017
MrBONE2:
in my Area one of the most rural settlements in Nigeria we us to experience 20 to 23 hours of Light. grin

abeg which area be that one?
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by MrBONE2(m): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2017
GreatCracker:

Tamburawa at Kumbotso LGA in Kanogrin
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by MrBONE2(m): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2017
GreatCracker:

Tamburawa at Kumbotso LGA in Kanogrin
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by idris4r83(m): 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2017
COMPAQ:

We Nigerians are always looking for crash in everything! Crash in phone tariffs, crash in electricity prices, crash is price of cars, crash in dollar rate. And for what? Only to consume. You better put on your thinking cap to find out what you can Produce! My dad told me when i was young not to pray for prices of stuff to come down cos they never will, but rather to pray to be able to continue to afford it. Meaning my income will have to rise to meet it. $1 in 1980 America will buy much more than one dollar today, so it's not only in Nigeria prices go up. Do you look at the cost of production at all before expecting priced to come down? So everyone should make losses because of you abi.
u seem not to be in Nigeria with the way u wrote this your epistle. Electric power is one of the most cheapest commodity in even developed countries, the reason been that their government kinda subsidises it n therefore make life easy for its masses. In this part of the world we hardly see the light and still outrageous bills are given to us on a monthly basis and still here you are trying to justify the discos gross incompetence. My friend if the bills continues the way it is how would small scale industries develop? How would majority of Nigerians who hardly earn $3 per day be able to cope? How would d pepper grinder who hardly feeds gets upto N5k to pay her disco bill? How would a welder who is seriously battling with inflation in prices of goods survives d expensive power tarriff? How?
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by jpphilips(m): 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
gabe:
The only reason we have poor power is pipeline vandalism by 'patriotic' militants.. GEJ built many gas power plants with up to 5000MW optimal output. Problem was the transmission lines could only take 3,000mw+. Fashola improved output to 6000mw+ and improved transmission to 5,000mw+. The only problem is gas to power the plants as some useless people keep blowing up the gas lines.

GEJ or OBJ?
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by gabe: 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
jpphilips:

GEJ or OBJ?
only God will forgive OBJ for d billions he embezzled in the name of building power plants. GEJ had to re-award many of the contracts as contractors just disappeared into thin air. He was able to complete some projects, while Fashola finished some. Truth be told, GEJ did the bulk of the work constructing new gas power plants.
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by jpphilips(m): 3:29am On Sep 02, 2017
gabe:
only God will forgive OBJ for d billions he embezzled in the name of building power plants. GEJ had to re-award many of the contracts as contractors just disappeared into thin air. He was able to complete some projects, while Fashola finished some. Truth be told, GEJ did the bulk of the work constructing new gas power plants.

Are you saying what pdp told you or the fact? please mention the plants Jonathan built and their commissioning date.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja Agent Account For Sale In Lagos / Dangote Cement Invests $3bn On Plants, Grinding Terminals Across Africa / See The Items You Can Import For Less Than N100 And Sell For N1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.