Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Pls I Want To Setup A Hotspot - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Pls I Want To Setup A Hotspot (1207 Views)

Vsat Installations and Control Your Network With Very Cheap Linux Hotspot Server / Vsat Installations and Wireless/wired Hotspot Service Free Demo / How To Setup A Cyber Cafe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Want To Setup A Hotspot by FEMARY(m): 10:59am On Feb 22, 2010
Hello men and pros in the house.Please I have a project,wa the nt to setup an hotspot.I already have one---its router based and the range is limited.But I need something that can go long range---5 like kilometers.I learn that Microtik is good for commercial purpose hotspot but I dont really know the type of equip on offer.I want to use Antamedia anyway but my problem is which equipment to use for the broadcast?
Thank you.
Re: Pls I Want To Setup A Hotspot by bani(m): 6:26pm On Feb 22, 2010
i could offer you a 'h-exp' billing server, which would enable you host your billing on the internet/ intranet, and replicate hotspots nationwide using the same billing data base, which means your billing access is dynamic, your user in hotspot A can travel to another state and use it in hotspot c seamlessly (you could also disallow such function). it has a windows interface for configuration which is quite simple.

for your base radio, you can use a 5.5ghz/ 2.4 ghz alfa radio, for your clients they can use NS5 or NS2 ubiquiti radios for longer distances and we have the usb highpower alfa adapter .

also we could offer you, a bandwidth aggregator , which means you can use uo to 5 dsl/lan service providers and one cellular service provider (e.g. ipnx + swift + k-kon + cobranet + hiway + mtn 3g = one single bandwidth source). this simply means you could subscribe for the minimum service plan on any of this networks (they would always allow you burst) and converege all of them, imagine the bandwidth you would have available and you reduce down time, cos if any goes down it auto balances and it would not be noticed by your clients.

klisboneconsult@yahoo.com, 08021323231

(1) (Reply)

Used Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 For Sale in IBADAN / Battlefield Combat Nova Nation Android Solutions Tool Gold APK Ios / Spacex Makes Space Travel History.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.