Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive (578 Views)

The Big Python We Caught Alive In North-East / Huge Snake And Monitor Lizard Caught By Soldiers In Maiduguri (Photo) / See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
A baby monitor lizard less than 2 feet long was caught this afternoon in my compound.

I don't know what to do with it. Killing it is out of the question.

Do I keep and rear it or release it to the wild.

Anyone who wishes to buy?

It eats fruits as I found guava and coconut leftovers in its chosen home in my compound.

What do i do with it?

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by kingxsamz(m): 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
chai
Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by benzene00: 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
cool
Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by Oche211(m): 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2017
Consult Lalasticlala. He's an expert on this field.
Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by OkuFaba(m): 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
Conversation btw OP & LALASTICLALA

LALA ; what is this

OP ; monitor lizard

LALA; shebi its under reptile with snakes?

OP; yes

LALA; Keep it for me, I'M ON MY WAY .........
Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2017
Release the innocent soul if you know wan chop, let it enjoy d rest of its life in freedom or in ur stomach.

Captivity is not an option
Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
Too bad lala only does snakes or is he into crocodiles now?
Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by MhizzAJ(f): 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
You can keep it and rear it
Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by Elslim: 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
rear it now... u saved his life one day it will surely save yours
Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by thesicilian: 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
PietraK:
A baby monitor lizard less than 2 feet long was caught this afternoon in my compound.

I don't know what to do with it. Killing it is out of the question.

Do I keep and rear it or release it to the wild.

Anyone who wishes to buy?

It eats fruits as I found guava and coconut leftovers in its chosen home in my compound.

What do i do with it?
Sell it to the zoos near you.
Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by princy80(m): 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2017
Read the topic. 'Crocodile monitor lizard', only one animal!! !
Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2017
thesicilian:

Sell it to the zoos near you.

We have no zoos in our Location
Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 30, 2017
princy80:
Read the topic. 'Crocodile monitor lizard', only one animal!! !

Some call it crocodile monitor because it always give a warming when it sights crocodile. But it is widely known as monitor lizard.
Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by HMZi: 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2017
KILL IT JOOR,wetin dey worry you,see sweet meat...

lalasticlala
Re: Crocodile Monitor Lizard Caught Alive by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 31, 2017
I used to hate anything reptile. Sometimes I wish I could destroy all reptilian creatures at once. Poisonous and most times irritating.

The first thought that came to mind this afternoon upon sighting the monitor lizard was the Komodo dragon. That monstrous beast with dangerous bacteria infested saliva. And then I visualized the cruel manner it hunts and devour its prey, the predictable thing for me to do was to put a sword to the neck of this monitor lizard.

The Komodo dragon would just bite a part of its prey. Usually very large animals. He deposits some poisons to weaken the animal while its irritating saliva left on the wound causes a quick devastating infection. The animal's health deteriorates at an alarming rate until it is robbed of mobility.

The cruel animal stalks it throughout its ordeal, waiting upon the right time to move in for a meal. The infected animal succumbs to the infection eventually and watches helplessly as the Komodo dragon devours its flesh. Oh monstrous beast. Thou hath cruel.

The Monitor lizard and the Komodo dragon are of the same family. They cannot be domesticated because of their aggressiveness and disloyalty.

Watching this baby lizard that could grow over 100kg at my mercy, my heart melted. Since they don't hunt humans and don't have a fatal poison, I only decided not to rear it because it often harbour salmonella (harmful dangerous bacteria).

I released the poor and lucky baby lizard to the nearest jungle to grow older.

Is this a wise decision to take?

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Unknown Callers' Information Using Facebook / Seek First The Kingdom Of God. / Wet Brewery Spent Grains Now Available In Large Quantity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.