Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,026 members, 7,849,144 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:10 PM

One Chance; How Can It Be Stopped? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Chance; How Can It Be Stopped? (995 Views)

Journalist Brutalised By ‘One-Chance’ Robbers In Lagos (photo) / One Chance' Robber Caught In Abuja (Photos) / Three "one Chance" Suspects Mobbed In Abuja (warning: Pictures Too Detailed)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Chance; How Can It Be Stopped? by bamdil(m): 3:33pm On Feb 13, 2007
It is no longer news here in Lagos State Nigeria where people tend to make mention of 1-chance. Anywhere one hear that 1 word 1-chance people tend to run away before knowing what they are saying. I have seen a lot of people who have given their experiences about how this 1-chance people have robbed them away of their belongings. Nairalanders who are resident in Lagos will testify with what I have said that it is not an uncommon word.

Well, to explain this word to those who do not understand, 1-chance is a common word spoken by Danfo Bus conductors to patronise passengers that wish to spend little money on transportation to their destination by joining the bus while speeding on Lagos road.

People now say that the extent of 1-chance is no longer limited to Danfo bus alone, that taxi driver are doing theirs even more than the so-called Danfo people.

Below are just 2 examples of how 1-chancer robbed a friend and a woman early in the morning:
1. A friend of mine woke up early in the morning for his place of work, he heard a bus conductor heading towards CMS, so he decided join not knowing what is about to befall him, he entered with his New Nokia phone that worth a month salary. He together with other people in the bus were robbed of their phones and not only that the three band gang threw all of them down while the bus was still moving on the road.
2. A woman decided to go to Idumota market to buy somethings to sell in her shop, she decided to join a bus going to Idumota, she was on her way when the 1-chancer decided to start their regular operation and in this encounter she lost the whole money which she wanted to use to procure the goods to them. Imagine an old woman crying simply because she was 1-chanced.

The above are 2 out of hundreds that i've happened in Lagos.

Nairalanders, share your experience or better still your advise on how 1-chance can be stopped in Lagos State.

(1) (Reply)

'police Aiding Abuja Fake Currency Kingpin Suspect’ / Robbers Devise New Tricks To Rob Churches / 20 Die In Nurtw Factional Clash In Sango Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.