Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Is Ether-coin.org A Scam Site - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Is Ether-coin.org A Scam Site (544 Views)

My option dot net is a scam site - sorry for letting you in / Earn 0.8 In Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash Coin, Ether Etc On Bitsler! / I Got My First Airdrop Payment...0.1 Ether/n21600 Thousand Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Ether-coin.org A Scam Site by Chron1cle(m): 1:28am On Aug 31, 2017
I just opened an account there, but I want ascertain it veracity before I put ethereum there, so as to be on the safe side.
Re: Is Ether-coin.org A Scam Site by CryptoCoinr(f): 2:05am On Aug 31, 2017
Chron1cle:
I just opened an account there, but I want ascertain it veracity before I put ethereum there, so as to be on the safe side.

From the looks of it, yes.

They claim "ETHER COIN is the world’s most popular ethereum wallet. We are on a mission to build a more open, accessible, and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time". That's false; MEW is.

They claim Emily Wilson of NYT said "ETHER COIN Wallet...could allow billions of people currently excluded from banking systems to directly send and receive money electronically". Also false. The original quote is "bitcoin...could allow billions of people currently excluded from banking systems to directly send and receive money electronically" from a WSJ article.

It's also missing from every coin related site I know of. CoinDesk has no article on it, same thing with CoinTelegraph, BitcoinNews etc. I also asked a bunch of people that have been in this way before me and their advice is as expected: "stay away from it, just use myetherwallet".

(1) (Reply)

Claim This While You Can! / 3 Simple And Easy Ways You Can Make $3,000 A Month Online. / Happy New Month, Grab This Gift Of Mine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.