Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Vmware 7 Issue - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Vmware 7 Issue (784 Views)

Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja / Problem In Installing Linux Red Hat On Vmware For Windows Workstation / How To Install Redhat Linux On Windows Using Vmware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vmware 7 Issue by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 22, 2010
i can create a virtual machine - but i can't get it to run. tried with xp, 2000, i simply cannot figure out what i'm doing wrong - or maybe i've disabled some essential windows service angry
Re: Vmware 7 Issue by DualCore1: 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2010
Try virtual box. smiley
Re: Vmware 7 Issue by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 22, 2010
I've been using vmware 7 for a while on vista and also windows 7. Do you get any errors or no response at all. Check services.msc to see if 'Vmware Authorization Service' is started.
Re: Vmware 7 Issue by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 22, 2010
Dual Core:

Try virtual box. smiley

na d enhanced 3d integration of vmware weydey shak me - lets see if its for real . they said virtualbox has 3d integration, but i could not run any game on it undecided

want 2 be able to play old half life games with no story, among other things
Re: Vmware 7 Issue by DualCore1: 10:04pm On Feb 22, 2010
okies.
Re: Vmware 7 Issue by Dokki: 4:29am On Feb 23, 2010
Can you provide the exact error message you are getting?
Does it boot up? Do you get the windows splash screen?
Another thing you should check is if it is licensed properly - i know for the demo versions after the demo expiration period you will no longer be able start up VM, any VM that is running will not have a problem but once you stop if it will not run again until you put in the proper licence.
Another thing you can do is download the vmware player (this is free) export your VM to it and run it to see if it runs - only thng with player is you can't use it to create VM's.

Let us know what the exact error you are getting is and someone can surely help.

Good Luck
D
Re: Vmware 7 Issue by Dokki: 4:43am On Feb 23, 2010
Another thing i wanted to say - if you want to use virtualization go with the leader VMware and not the followers grin
There is no other virtualization product out in the market that can compare feature wise and performance wise to VMware.
Not Citrix, Not Hyper V, Not Vitual Iron, Not Xen,

Disclaimer - i don't work for VMware i just use their products (extensively) grin

D
Re: Vmware 7 Issue by DoubleN(m): 4:34pm On Feb 23, 2010
I use VMware 7 also on my Win 7 and i have encountered no issues.I'm running my Server 2003 on it comfortably.What error does it give you?
Re: Vmware 7 Issue by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2010
no error - it just doesnt run any vm sad

but now that u ask - i think i may have an idea what the problem may be - i will check something when i get home - i have a pop up killer that may be knocking off the error messages

will check when i get home
Re: Vmware 7 Issue by DoubleN(m): 12:38pm On Feb 25, 2010
ok.
Re: Vmware 7 Issue by blackweaver(m): 11:11pm On Feb 26, 2010
not pointing any fingers at anyone, remember that the only free version of vmware is the player not the server
so for me, given the choice btw paying for vmware so i can create (and not just use) a virtual machine and
usinf virtualbox for free i use the free edition. anyway on linux i use qemu more often than not, i can type the
commands on the command line without waiting for some gui to come up b4 i can say test an iso image
Re: Vmware 7 Issue by Dokki: 2:14am On Feb 27, 2010
shocked Ok,
I will not point my finger too as my mama told me it was rude grin

HOWEVER, VMware ESXi 3.5 and ESX4i (vSphere) which are server versions are totally free since 2008, just register with any bogus email addy and your license key will be emailed to you. With this version you can create the mother of all VM environments and you can command line yourself to death without ever having to launch a gui. Best of all it is a 40meg kernel leaving you tons of space on your HD to do whatever you want. If you want support on it you pay but then again if i remember correctly so also for linux and or virtualbox
As they say knowledge is power so , http://www.vmware.com/products/esxi/

Enjoy
D
Re: Vmware 7 Issue by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:56am On Feb 27, 2010
geekery! grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Hp Pavellion / Fishing Trawler Boats For Sale / Mtn Fastlink Modem For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.