Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Our Ancestors Are Not Evil.... By ODIMEGWU ONWUMERE - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Our Ancestors Are Not Evil.... By ODIMEGWU ONWUMERE (457 Views)

Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 / Our Ancestors Are Not Evil.... / Our Ancestors Are Not Evil.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Ancestors Are Not Evil.... By ODIMEGWU ONWUMERE by prettyblaqy(f): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
Our Ancestors Are Not Evil, Demonic: Relate With Them For Protection And Their Support By Odimegwu Onwumere Ugbo Monday Nicodemus, a Facebook friend sent me with the following open comment after reading my articles. He wrote, “I Have Read Most Of Your Post If Not All, I Discovered You Support Our Traditional Way Of Doing Things Before The British Came And Destroyed Almost Everything. This Prompt Me To Ask You This Few Questions, I Hope You Will Answer Me Without Taking Offence. Are You A Dibia? Is Your Father Or Grandfather A Dibia Also? Why Do You Believe Going Back Will Benefit Us, Despite The Barbaric Things That Happened Before The Arrival Of The British?” Let me start by thanking Nicodemus for making himself an avid reader of my articles and lengthening his views about me for discourse. Many of us are living in the world of design or we are living in a world of design. Our forebears didn’t live by coincident or design, just as we are doing. They lived according to nature’s dictate. Today, many people do not know the influence and power their ancestors hold on their lives, hence they continue to swim in "unending" problems – hating their ancestors instead of appeasing them for peaceful repose and protection and support from the Planes beyond. The Egyptians knew the powers and influence the ancestors hold on their living ones and they chronicled “The Book Of The Dead” which the church politically removed from the bible as a result of church politics. It is the fear and propaganda that those who designed the world they want us to live in that has been sidelining some of our people not to abreast with their origin and you see them asking such a question as, "Why Do You Believe Going Back Will Benefit Us, Despite The Barbaric Things That Happened Before The Arrival Of The British?" I want to say that our forebears, as Ndigbo, didn't live in obscurity and the arrival of the rapacious colonialists from Britain did not bring salvation to us but distortion, misdirection and confusion on our lives. They designed these mechanisms in their intent to colonise us for their greed for power and politics by instituting a religion that many of our people today think has brought salvation. While our Igbo Spirituality is brandished evil and demonic by the European and many of our people under their religious spell, the same people who have been waging garrulous wars against aboriginal spiritualities did the same to the European peoples through sword and bloodbath, by extirpating native peoples of Europe who had natural Higher Consciousness, psychic and healing powers in order to coerce them into accepting the religion that is embellished in hyper-politics to. There was the church war against the Cathers (a research on this might help you). These native peoples, like the Igbo forebears were peaceful, pious vegetarian people. The institutors of the Church war did not want them to exist for the fear that with their native-knowledge in the secret of the Grail, it would not be possible to use 'power and religion' to conquer as many people of different race as they wanted, therefore many were crudely wiped out and cremated alive. What many think the British or Europeans introduced to them as religion, was what they were forcefully made to embrace by those who witch-hunted the world in the name of politics and felt that they were powers that be. Europe, like Ndigbo, was not a monotheistic continent. They, like Ndigbo, embraced the monotheistic religion by the sword, colonialism and witch-hunt. In Europe, like ala-Igbo where many native shrines and sacred divinities were burnt and damaged, Europe inherited a destruction of their ancient scriptures of the native people, “some of them in ancient runic scripts”. After this, the brainwashing of the local people started and they began to hate everything their native ways. So, when you sarcastically ask me if I’m a Dibia, it reminds me of our people who have been brainwashed to believe that being a Dibia is evil and Demonic. It is sad that we have lost most of our ancestral ways of life, if not all, where some people still see such ‘ways of life’ of our people as ‘barbaric’. We lost our morals, native songs and dance, folklores, moonlit plays, sacred herbs and we are today a people gasping for a true spiritual heritage. Many of us are neither here nor there. However, it is imperative to note that our ancestors are haranguing that we returned home, as we are living in a dangerous and dark period in the world’s history. They are ever ready to protect, support and give us the true meaning of redemption. -Odimegwu Onwumere is a Poet, Writer and Media Consultant based in Rivers State. Email: apoet_25@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Culture... Leaving Our Motherland / Checkout The Rolls Royce Of The Oba Of Benin. / Ooni Of Ife Urges Nigerians To Do Away With Vanity, Tells His Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.