Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

Ooni Of Ife Urges Nigerians To Do Away With Vanity, Tells His Story - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Urges Nigerians To Do Away With Vanity, Tells His Story (471 Views)

Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Urges Nigerians To Do Away With Vanity, Tells His Story by laidelaitan(f): 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2018
Ooni of Ife urges Nigerians to do away with vanity, tells a story of how he stays close to the masses

He “developed a concept to live like the common man,” he wrote, by visiting people who lived under bridges, riding commercial motorcycles, and taking molue to wherever he was visiting in Lagos.

He wanted to continue with the idea after ascending the throne, he wrote, but the elders rejected the idea.

However, he came up with a new idea of buying roasted plantain (boli) and fried yam (dundu) from the roadside, he wrote, “because we don’t have to forget where we are coming from in life.”

He wrote:

There Was a time I Boarded the BRT Bus In Lagos. The Reason Is Very Simple; I am Quite Passionate About Mankind, So I Developed a Concept to live like the Common Man Atleast Once Every Month Because I Believe We Did Not Come Into this World With Anything

I Would Drop Everything I Have to live like An Average Man Struggling In life. I Would Visit People Under the Bridge, Ride On a Motorcycle And Board a ‘Molue’ to Wherever I Was Going In Lagos. It Was Very Stressful But those times Were My Best Moments In life Because I Got to Relate With the Real People. I Saw their Sufferings And Felt their Plights.

When I Ascended the throne, I Requested the Elders to Grant Me the Opportunity to Continue the Concept, but they Did Not Agree, So I Coined a New One that Would Go In line With the throne, Which Is Stopping My Convoy Whenever I get to a Particular Open Place With Moderate Crowd And Buy ‘Boli’ (Roasted Plantain) And ‘Dundu’ And Other Basic Food Items Because We Don’t Have to Forget Where We Are Coming From In life.

Read his full story on

https://www.headofsocials.com/2018/01/22/ooni-ife-urges-nigerians-away-vanity-tells-story-stays-close-masses/

Lalasticlala FOD, naijacutee, dominique, puskin, judedwriter, BeeBeeOoh, Jointhemiltons2, bohater1, peacemara54, omoelerin1, gentledose, daniel2060, dansemacabre, Justwise, Adakintroy, Mynd44, BruncleZuma, Tamarapretty

Re: Ooni Of Ife Urges Nigerians To Do Away With Vanity, Tells His Story by thesicilian: 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2018
It is easier to be a philanthropist when you have more than enough.

(1) (Reply)

Shame Of A Network Service Provider Called MTN (pic) / Unesco: One Of World’s 6,000 Languages Disappears Every Two Weeks / Bolarinwa Seyon James Foundation Promotes Youth Community Service In Badagry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.