Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account (59116 Views)

Woman Creates A Scene In A Bank After N600k In Her Account Disappeared (Video) / Fear Of Boycott Grips South African Brands / South African Student On Spending Spree As Her Bank Account Gets $1m In Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by OSESUNATE(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2017
For sure, this didn't just start today for her. It started with her squandering the little pocket money her parents give her. This verify the bible's teaching that; * He that is not faithful in little cannot be faithful in plenty*. Na like these ones go still dey complain say their government nor fit save
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by OSESUNATE(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2017
For sure, this didn't just start today for her. It started with her squandering the little pocket money her parents give her. This verify the bible's teaching that; * He that is not faithful in little cannot be faithful in plenty*. Na like these ones go still dey complain say their government nor fit save
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by kobijacobs(m): 3:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
this girl no get sense...so if dey allow her she will keep spending without thinking of investing
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2017
All that money and not a single investment

This one is cursed!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by TinaAnita(f): 3:53pm On Sep 01, 2017
This girl is dangerous if she could blow such large sums within the twinkling of an eye

1 Like

Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
Chai, so no guy was lucky enough to get into her life when the thing was still hot and fresh?
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
dukeprince50:
nice move, not all these dumb ppl DAT will return the money. but 300+ million, this girl is a fool, I would have invest that cash.
Yes she is such a dumbass b!tch, she should have invested the money, and when asked to pay back she will return the original money and keep the interest for herself
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by xtybliss(f): 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2017
zyzxx:
if you are given access to spend such money will you spend it in such way likewise?
how I'll spend it won't be a problem. Just help me pray so the mistake will happen in my own account. shocked
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by Kobicove(m): 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2017
Bloody thief!
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by kellyjoesteve: 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
Too bad for a student, i still repeat is time financial management be made a general course for all student.

If this one somehow find herself tomorrow in one position or the other Diezani will be a learner.

check my signature
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by xtybliss(f): 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
kceewhyte:
then spend it
yeeessss shocked
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by xtybliss(f): 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
kceewhyte:
then spend it
yeeessss
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by banmee(m): 4:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
@mykel4god; I swear, Nigerians don't go to school anymore. How do you squander what is not yours? You are basically saying you approve of her spending the money in the first place. Smh.

1 Like

Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by StreetKingEnt: 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
DUMB DUMB DUMB... Sharply Fix The Money.. Collect The Interest Dey Go Till Den Find out.. Return their money back, keep interest when Den Finally Discover. That amount of money cant be sent in Error and Some1 Wouldnt find out later on
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by handsomebanana(m): 4:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
charleff512:
This Girl Is Not Wise.She Slayed With Other Student's Scholarship Money.But Come To Think Of It,I Blame The School Authorities For The Error.

Yeah

D authorities shuld b blamed 4 d error, Yes.

Bt d stupid girl shuld b blamed 4 failure 2 report d error

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by khalhokage(m): 4:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
momentusjay:
Seriously wealth cannot hide herself.
It must show

That's BS.

The only wealthy people you know are those that prefer to show off their wealth, there are a lot of low key millionaires in this country that you would turn your nose up at if you walked by them on the street.

I know of a few stinking rich people that successfully hid their wealth from even their own families until their death.

Also walk into Onitsha main market, look around at most those traders toiling away in tiny shops, most of them are rich as fück.

1 Like

Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by spartoo: 4:24pm On Sep 01, 2017
oneda:
Na wa
This is why God will not bless some people.
Imagine that all that this carton could think of was parties and fake hair.
Like seriously some people should have been aborted.
Most painful is that majority of Nigerian youths especially girls would have done worse.

What a generation to be born in!

I hate your thinking
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:27pm On Sep 01, 2017
Give an average person $1 million today 95% will be poor, broke or worth less than $1 million, while 4% are just there worth same $1 million in 10 years. 1% or less would have grown the $1 million to substantial asset and wealth in 10 years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by Meritocracy: 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
The receipt shows 2009, this is late news meeen.
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by Reference(m): 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
Undeniable proof about what I day frequently. Poverty is not the absence of resources but the paucity of mental capacity and the disposition to do wrong. Like a lot of Nigerians think, 'oh why are we suffering when we are rich in oil'. Yes we are rich in oil but that is not wealth. Riches is merely a snapshot of a bigger picture. The lady in question on that day became rich, but prior and after the debacle remains poor.

Even if the said sum spent 24hrs in the account of a wealthy man, chances are certain that even after the money (riches) is recovered it will have left indelible, sustainable footprints because he will look at the windfall not as fruits but seeds. He will have the attitude of preservation and growth rather than waste and squander (does this sound Nigerian) but most of all he will be prepared with a plan, of the vision he pursues and so will not see this as an end but a means and because of this he doesn't need a grasp and grab, just a sniff. Thus he will more than likely return the 'windfall' almost intact because he will rather see it multiply than diminish, saving him from potential prosecution.

It is certainly wrong to do anything but alert the authorities and send the money back (who knows, the 'rich' man might even get a bonus and a commendation for honesty which is worth far more than gold) but the fact that wealth is always prepared to profit from situations and poverty is always prepared to destroy opportunitues tells us that wealth and poverty are not physical states of abundance or want but mental states of preparedness, honesty, enterprise as against greed, sloth and ignorance. Nigeria and Nigerians have proven themselves in the latter time after time despite her oil riches.

2 Likes

Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by JORDAN202: 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
WHAT CRIME DID SHE COMMIT

SOMEONE STUPIDLY PAYS MONEY INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AND IS NOW CRYING BECAUSE YOU SPENT IT
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by Skmoda360(m): 4:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
jonnytad:
You better hold her very well. ........ i fear all this I gasto girls o
i gasto buy house......i gasto buy cars..lol

1 Like

Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by Iamzik: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2017
tjskii:
Silly child,see the stupid things she squandered money on,she no fit go hide substantial amount for her compound in d village,take the heat,and when things blow over ,go and invest d money prudently

But zat is kwurupsion fa!

BTW fixing £850k for just 60 days would have paid her a good interest.

She is not money wise. When you bump into money you didn't expect to get, don't go on shopping spree! Invest it
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by dukeprince50: 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2017
Vanillaskin:

Yes she is such a dumbass b!tch, she should have invested the money, and when asked to pay back she will return the original money and keep the interest for herself
u are smart
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by Reference(m): 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2017
JORDAN202:

WHAT CRIME DID SHE COMMIT

SOMEONE STUPIDLY PAYS MONEY INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AND IS NOW CRYING BECAUSE YOU SPENT IT

After this is over, I hope she works for you in one financial capacity or the other....perhaps as your accountant or treasurer...

1 Like

Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by Elliot2(m): 5:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
Mykel4God:
A student who received a staggering £850,000 (N392million) instead of her usual £85 monthly university food grant is in hot water after going on a massive 73 day spending spree with her pals.

According to Sun UK, the Accountancy student identified as Sibongile Mani, 27, who was on benefits to allow her to study was said to have undergone a Cinderella like transformation overnight after the cash blunder.

It was gathered that student leader Sibongile usually receives £85 each month in her bank account in food and book allowances at Walter Sisulu University in Mthatha, Eastern Cape, South Africa before the sad error saw her account blow to a staggering N392 million.

But people started raising eyebrows when her neat corn-row hairstyle was replaced with £180-a-time Peruvian weaves and she began wearing designer outfits and bought a brand new i-phone 7.
if only she invested the money wisely,not only could she refund the exact money back to the authority but left with enough to enjoy.
She began flashing the cash kitting out her closest friends with new outfits and drinking £50-a-time bottles of whisky and jetting herself and her pals round the country to wild parties.

Suspicions grew when a till receipt from a local SPAR shop was leaked showing that she had £810,000 in her account and her wild spending became more lavish and talked about.

She was finally outed by Samkelo Mqhayi, deputy branch secretary of the South African Students Congress (SASCO), who reported her to the National Students’ Financial Aids Scheme.

He told Herald Live: “She threw surprise birthday parties for her friends and showered them with expensive gifts and flew them to events where she bought the best seats.
“When the SPAR receipt was leaked showing a balance of R13.6-million (£810,000) in her account I called NSFAS and they checked their records and confirmed that the initial amount was R14-million (£850,000)".

By the time they reigned her in after her two-and-a-half-month spending spree they discovered she had been blowing £666 a day which is a staggering amount in South Africa.

The total missing from the account is £50,000. A fellow student said: “She went from a hard up, humdrum run-of-the-mill student to one who was leading a lavish lifestyle and seemed to have no bottom to her purse and lived the high life.
“She became very glamorous in beautiful dresses with all the accessories and we thought she must have won the Lottery. She must have thought she had won it too when she got that cash!”.

In a Facebook post Miss Mani claimed she had reported the error to the authorities.

She said: ”Today my personal life has become a social media scandal. I have been named and shamed in public. Today, I am a bad person, a person who stole the money of students.
“With that being said, and being named a thief, but as we all know in every story there is truth and there are lies with the very same story”.

She said she was not denying anything but would tell her side later but she has fled the campus and gone into hiding and shut down her Facebook page.

Miss Mani told the Daily Daily Dispatch: ”It is very clear that I didn’t make the error”.

Walter Sisulu University spokeswoman Yonela Tukwayo said the £850,000 payment did not affect other students saying: "All students who were due to receive NSFAS payments got them.

“She will have to repay the money”.

Intellimali chief executive Michael Ansell said: ” Legal action will be taken against the student. A forensic investigator had been appointed”.

The university has 30,500 students of whom 18,000 are funded by the NSFAS who are meant to spend their monthly grants on food and books.

Legal experts have said Miss Mani could face a charge of theft.

http://www.tori.ng/news/72368/university-student-accidentally-finds-n392m-in-her.html

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by Elliot2(m): 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
Mykel4God:
A student who received a staggering £850,000 (N392million) instead of her usual £85 monthly university food grant is in hot water after going on a massive 73 day spending spree with her pals.

According to Sun UK, the Accountancy student identified as Sibongile Mani, 27, who was on benefits to allow her to study was said to have undergone a Cinderella like transformation overnight after the cash blunder.

It was gathered that student leader Sibongile usually receives £85 each month in her bank account in food and book allowances at Walter Sisulu University in Mthatha, Eastern Cape, South Africa before the sad error saw her account blow to a staggering N392 million.

But people started raising eyebrows when her neat corn-row hairstyle was replaced with £180-a-time Peruvian weaves and she began wearing designer outfits and bought a brand new i-phone 7.
if only she had invested the money wisely,not only could she refund the exact money back to the authority but left with enough to enjoy.
She began flashing the cash kitting out her closest friends with new outfits and drinking £50-a-time bottles of whisky and jetting herself and her pals round the country to wild parties.

Suspicions grew when a till receipt from a local SPAR shop was leaked showing that she had £810,000 in her account and her wild spending became more lavish and talked about.

She was finally outed by Samkelo Mqhayi, deputy branch secretary of the South African Students Congress (SASCO), who reported her to the National Students’ Financial Aids Scheme.

He told Herald Live: “She threw surprise birthday parties for her friends and showered them with expensive gifts and flew them to events where she bought the best seats.
“When the SPAR receipt was leaked showing a balance of R13.6-million (£810,000) in her account I called NSFAS and they checked their records and confirmed that the initial amount was R14-million (£850,000)".

By the time they reigned her in after her two-and-a-half-month spending spree they discovered she had been blowing £666 a day which is a staggering amount in South Africa.

The total missing from the account is £50,000. A fellow student said: “She went from a hard up, humdrum run-of-the-mill student to one who was leading a lavish lifestyle and seemed to have no bottom to her purse and lived the high life.
“She became very glamorous in beautiful dresses with all the accessories and we thought she must have won the Lottery. She must have thought she had won it too when she got that cash!”.

In a Facebook post Miss Mani claimed she had reported the error to the authorities.

She said: ”Today my personal life has become a social media scandal. I have been named and shamed in public. Today, I am a bad person, a person who stole the money of students.
“With that being said, and being named a thief, but as we all know in every story there is truth and there are lies with the very same story”.

She said she was not denying anything but would tell her side later but she has fled the campus and gone into hiding and shut down her Facebook page.

Miss Mani told the Daily Daily Dispatch: ”It is very clear that I didn’t make the error”.

Walter Sisulu University spokeswoman Yonela Tukwayo said the £850,000 payment did not affect other students saying: "All students who were due to receive NSFAS payments got them.

“She will have to repay the money”.

Intellimali chief executive Michael Ansell said: ” Legal action will be taken against the student. A forensic investigator had been appointed”.

The university has 30,500 students of whom 18,000 are funded by the NSFAS who are meant to spend their monthly grants on food and books.

Legal experts have said Miss Mani could face a charge of theft.

http://www.tori.ng/news/72368/university-student-accidentally-finds-n392m-in-her.html

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by brainhack(m): 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2017
Reference:
Undeniable proof about what I day frequently. Poverty is not the absence of resources but the paucity of mental capacity and the disposition to do wrong. Like a lot of Nigerians think, 'oh why are we suffering when we are rich in oil'. Yes we are rich in oil but that is not wealth. Riches is merely a snapshot of a bigger picture. The lady in question on that day became rich, but prior and after the debacle remains poor.

Spot on. Honestly i would pick a war-gly babe with some sense over a fine ass with no atom of sense anyday anytime. In 73 days alone, do you know how much interest you can accumulate on N392million.

Lord knows i would have gotten an investment manager asap. When authorities find out; i get a lawyer! I didn't steal shi. They ask for their money back, i draw up nothing less than a 6months repayment plan or take them to court. Buy time, buy more time and make more money cry

I would walk away with nothing less than 8% interest. I hope this unprofitable servant would be cast into jail.
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by planetx: 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2017
Meritocracy:
The receipt shows 2009, this is late news meeen.
17/07/09 meaning 9th of July 2017

1 Like

Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by Prognose: 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
N392,000,000 in your account and the first thing you went to do was buy hair!!!! Chai!!! I weep for the African species cry
Re: South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account by saccie1162: 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
Haters just full this world I swear... So y did they report her now... Jealousy go kill people for this world I swear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Four Major Events Since CBN Announced Naira Notes Redesign / Mike Adenuga Names A Street After Himself In Banana Island, Residents Kick / Biography Of Taiwo Afolabi, SIFAX Group CEO, Owner Of Shipping Company, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.