Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,792 members, 7,824,306 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" (51629 Views)

Adekunke Gold Gifts His Old Friend And Music Director A Rolex Worth N11,000,000 / Zlatan Ibile Gifts His Lawyer A Rolex Watch (Photos, Video) / Mike Edwards' Fans Buy A Rolex Wristwatch For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by engrMikemd(m): 8:58am On Sep 02, 2017
buniyad:
. .U nailed it bro. He might not be having a hit songs right now but anyte any day, D'banj is a Legend.
on point
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by aariwa(m): 9:06am On Sep 02, 2017
basilo4312:
The way i see it, it wasnt 2014, just a case of slip of tongue on part of Dbanj...guess maybe it was when Davido was 18 or 19.

Moreso, during the Mo-hit era, 'signing' any artiste was a case of oral agreement which was one of Dbanj's biggest career mistakes: he signed everyone in the Mohits - Dr Sid, Wande Coal, D' Prince, Kayswitch even when Don Jazzy did not really want to do so as he was skeptical of taking such risks. infact, most people didnt know that Dbanj's mother was the most important support the Mohit crew had when Dbanj and Don Jazzy came back to Nigeria - she gave her Maryland house for the entire Mohit crew to stay pending when they hit their success because against all odds and even Dbanj's father reluctance, she supported her son solidly in his quest for music success. Remember 'Why Me' Video? The Toyota Previa in that video was Dbanj's mum car which she gave them to convey themselves around when no one else was there to support them. She was therefore the biggest investor in Mohit empire when likes of Dbanj and Don Jazzy were penniless and were even ready to sell Mohit to Storm Records for N1 million because they desperately wanted to 'make' it. However, their story changed forever at the Ali Baba Show of 2007!

Dbanj's legendary status in the modern-music era of African music is beyond mere comprehension which was also sealed by MTV based award of Legendary status t him - When the likes of Tuface, Psquare, etc were still charging N50,000 to maximum of N200.000 per show, he increased the stake to N1 million or Nothing and steadily till he started charging N10 million and then music practitioners and artistes' eyes opened

He was the first artiste to get a multi-million Naira endoresoment - Powerfist in 2006 beating Femi Kuti to same endorsement as Femi was the original artistes in PZ's plan before going ahead to clinch Glo's 70 million Naira deal plus a Range Rover and other entitlements

His direct and indirect impact has affected the careers of artistes like Davido, Olamide, Wizkid, Wande Coal, Naeto C, M.I Ikechukwu even the legends like Tuface and Psquare. Go ask them, the mere mention of Dbanj to most of these superstars and they tell you how Dbanj has forever affected their lives and careers (except of course forever bitter minds among them)

Although, others see it as a failed project or misadventure, Dbanj's Good Music signing was infact the deal-breaker for new generation of music artistes - selling new new African music culture to the global market. When you hear some 'ignoramuses' referring to Dbanj as Kanye West houseboy, i just laugh. If only Don Jazzy could see the future...if only he could understand this bullish visionary called Dbanj, they would be conquering Africa and global market together - with Don Jazzy supplying the iconic African percussion sound and stagemaster Dbanj bringing his A-game Enigmatic prowess to the fore - with the two partners writing the names in gold forever in the history of Africa

A young African boy without any major label backing bold enough to cause disruption in the African music industry is now building his own fantastic music business structure post-Mohit to sell the addictive African sound to the global market. I am closely following on what this Dbanj will use the CREAM Platform to develop in the music world. Like he said, you never see him coming through

One word to sum Dbanj: He will never give up in his Quest to be the Coca-cola of music business and the ElChapo grandmaster of African sound movement.

NOTE: This guy i have never met has really been inspiring my quest for success as a business entrepreneur!
His problem started when he threw out Don jazzy cos he felt his services weren't needed anymore

1 Like

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by dumie(f): 9:07am On Sep 02, 2017
basilo4312:
The way i see it, it wasnt 2014, just a case of slip of tongue on part of Dbanj...guess maybe it was when Davido was 18 or 19.

Moreso, during the Mo-hit era, 'signing' any artiste was a case of oral agreement which was one of Dbanj's biggest career mistakes: he signed everyone in the Mohits - Dr Sid, Wande Coal, D' Prince, Kayswitch even when Don Jazzy did not really want to do so as he was skeptical of taking such risks. infact, most people didnt know that Dbanj's mother was the most important support the Mohit crew had when Dbanj and Don Jazzy came back to Nigeria - she gave her Maryland house for the entire Mohit crew to stay pending when they hit their success because against all odds and even Dbanj's father reluctance, she supported her son solidly in his quest for music success. Remember 'Why Me' Video? The Toyota Previa in that video was Dbanj's mum car which she gave them to convey themselves around when no one else was there to support them. She was therefore the biggest investor in Mohit empire when likes of Dbanj and Don Jazzy were penniless and were even ready to sell Mohit to Storm Records for N1 million because they desperately wanted to 'make' it. However, their story changed forever at the Ali Baba Show of 2007!

Dbanj's legendary status in the modern-music era of African music is beyond mere comprehension which was also sealed by MTV based award of Legendary status t him - When the likes of Tuface, Psquare, etc were still charging N50,000 to maximum of N200.000 per show, he increased the stake to N1 million or Nothing and steadily till he started charging N10 million and then music practitioners and artistes' eyes opened

He was the first artiste to get a multi-million Naira endoresoment - Powerfist in 2006 beating Femi Kuti to same endorsement as Femi was the original artistes in PZ's plan before going ahead to clinch Glo's 70 million Naira deal plus a Range Rover and other entitlements

His direct and indirect impact has affected the careers of artistes like Davido, Olamide, Wizkid, Wande Coal, Naeto C, M.I Ikechukwu even the legends like Tuface and Psquare. Go ask them, the mere mention of Dbanj to most of these superstars and they tell you how Dbanj has forever affected their lives and careers (except of course forever bitter minds among them)

Although, others see it as a failed project or misadventure, Dbanj's Good Music signing was infact the deal-breaker for new generation of music artistes - selling new new African music culture to the global market. When you hear some 'ignoramuses' referring to Dbanj as Kanye West houseboy, i just laugh. If only Don Jazzy could see the future...if only he could understand this bullish visionary called Dbanj, they would be conquering Africa and global market together - with Don Jazzy supplying the iconic African percussion sound and stagemaster Dbanj bringing his A-game Enigmatic prowess to the fore - with the two partners writing the names in gold forever in the history of Africa

A young African boy without any major label backing bold enough to cause disruption in the African music industry is now building his own fantastic music business structure post-Mohit to sell the addictive African sound to the global market. I am closely following on what this Dbanj will use the CREAM Platform to develop in the music world. Like he said, you never see him coming through

One word to sum Dbanj: He will never give up in his Quest to be the Coca-cola of music business and the ElChapo grandmaster of African sound movement.

NOTE: This guy i have never met has really been inspiring my quest for success as a business entrepreneur!
You must be affiliated to Dbanj

1 Like

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by basilo4312: 9:08am On Sep 02, 2017
dumie:

You must be affiliated to Dbanj

no maam....i really wish!
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by dumie(f): 9:26am On Sep 02, 2017
basilo4312:

no maam....i really wish!

Really.. That's intriguing!
However, Dbanj is the definition of an entertainer

3 Likes

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by vertueptime: 10:42am On Sep 02, 2017
Zoharariel:
Ever since D'banj parted with Don Jazzy, truth be told - he's been struggling to stay afloat & relevant.

He should just retire & concentrate on pushing his koko garri.

Abeg ppl de buy dat koko garri? Cos i neva see am before other dan pix
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by chiraqDemon(m): 11:00am On Sep 02, 2017
basilo4312:

We artistes need fans like u. Man u b dbanj no1 fan
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by demefa(m): 11:08am On Sep 02, 2017
jolaade77:
hi,i want to report this guy selling data on this platfom,i got his advert on this post nd i patronize him,i send him card worth 2500 mtn cards,this is the guy num,09064425772,any time i saw his post on this platform i got upset.i kn he must have scam so many ppl
RIP English
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 02, 2017
kullozone:

What? Dbanj does good music??
Haha! Truely, good music isn't for everyone.

Wait. why are yu hating on the work of D'banj sef? if yu dont like him move on and support other artist. you should get the best of life and listen to what makes you happy and Stop coming here to cry... he is made and he is not even aware you are crying.. cheesy
do something with your life pls. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Bestie0309(f): 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2017
basilo4312:

Uncle!! Is this copy and paste or directly from u. I swear I don fall in love with u. Pls give me your digit. These are the kinds of people one needs to be moving with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by basilo4312: 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2017
Bestie0309:

Uncle!! Is this copy and paste or directly from u. I swear I don fall in love with u. Pls give me your digit. These are the kinds of people one needs to be moving with

lol

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by kullozone(m): 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2017
Chuvin22:

Wait. why are yu hating on the work of D'banj sef? if yu dont like him move on and support other artist. you should get the best of life and listen to what makes you happy and Stop coming here to cry... he is made and he is not even aware you are crying.. cheesy
do something with your life pls. grin

You be mumu oh! How did you manage to find hate in my comment On the contrary, I like him (his personality). Because I said he doesn't have a good voice doesn't mean I'm hating on him or his success.
See the way you just took my comment personal... I should support another artiste because music don turn to football abi? Sorry, I don't have that kinda immature mindset. Learn not to take opinions on social media too personal, ok?
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2017
kullozone:

You be mumu oh! How did you manage to find hate in my comment On the contrary, I like him (his personality). Because I said he doesn't have a good voice doesn't mean I'm hating on him or his success.
See the way you just took my comment personal... I should support another artiste because music don turn to football abi? Sorry, I don't have that kinda immature mindset. Learn not to take opinions on social media too personal, ok?

Yu see am? E Don dey insult person. I just told yu the truth. I knew it wud hurt. Leave D'banj fr us. We his fans still enjoy his work. Don't come here to post rubbish because you wannabe like others. Even Don Jazzy name wey yu dey use garnish ur hate doesn't know yu.

Your comments so far just proves how irresponsible yu must be.
Bye.
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by kullozone(m): 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2017
Chuvin22:

Yu see am? E Don dey insult person. I just told yu the truth. I knew it wud hurt. Leave D'banj fr us. We his fans still enjoy his work. Don't come here to post rubbish because you wannabe like others. Even Don Jazzy name wey yu dey use garnish ur hate doesn't know yu.

Your comments so far just proves how irresponsible yu must be.
Bye.

E be like say na garri you don dey soak since last week. You're hungry.
When did I mention Don jazzy? Are you confusing me with someone else.
Btw, the manner you responded to my first comment was more irresponsible.
If you know me, then you'd know that nothing on social media can ever hurt me or get me upset, but unfortunately you don't have that privilege cheesy
I go just dey laugh dey reply, while you go dey stress yourself to vex me.

The Dbanj that you want to kill yourself for na em kon know you abi? Stop behaving like toto jare cheesy
Bye!
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Themandator: 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2017
Basic123:

I didnt say made,They made each other.

Dbanj made don jazzy popular,simple.Everyone listened to IF and Fall and they know the singer.But 75% of such people dont know who produced them!

Techno produced if and fall is by beatmonster or something but more importantly, if the producers of those hits continues to produce for davido in a risk sharing ratio he would have no option but to be promoting them in every song ....Dbanj never paid for the beats upfront and in most cases , he never wrote anything but was given his verse and told how to voice it ....Calling that name is a small price ....Ask him how much he paid the dud who produced on top the world
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Basic123: 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2017
Themandator:

Techno produced if and fall is by beatmonster or something but more importantly, if the producers of those hits continues to produce for davido in a risk sharing ratio he would have no option but to be promoting them in every song ....Dbanj never paid for the beats upfront and in most cases , he never wrote anything but was given his verse and told how to voice it ....Calling that name is a small price ....Ask him how much he paid the dud who produced on top the world
Like seriously?,he never wrote anything.
To bring person down,this people can liegrin
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Themandator: 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2017
Basic123:
Like seriously?,he never wrote anything.
To bring person down,this people can liegrin

Re read again.... Comprehension is your problem ....In most cases ..... If he didnt want the producers name mentioned one thing he could have done would have been to pay 100% for his service ...Beat and lyrics .... He did it with top of the world and ended up even promoting the Grammy award winner in his bile to hype the track ...

Don Jazzy produced virtually all the track's in his three albums with Mohit in the risk sharing formula, co wrote some of the tracks and unilaterally did others ...Ask Dbanj
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Basic123: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
Themandator:

Re read again.... Comprehension is your problem ....In most cases ..... If he didnt want the producers name mentioned one thing he could have done would have been to pay 100% for his service ...Beat and lyrics .... He did it with top of the world and ended up even promoting the Grammy award winner in his bile to hype the track ...

Don Jazzy produced virtually all the track's in his three albums with Mohit in the risk sharing formula, co wrote some of the tracks and unilaterally did others ...Ask Dbanj
Just give us an evidence.Without that its just an opinion which holds no water.

1 Like

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 03, 2017
kullozone:

E be like say na garri you don dey soak since last week. You're hungry.
When did I mention Don jazzy? Are you confusing me with someone else.
Btw, the manner you responded to my first comment was more irresponsible.
If you know me, then you'd know that nothing on social media can ever hurt me or get me upset, but unfortunately you don't have that privilege cheesy
I go just dey laugh dey reply, while you go dey stress yourself to vex me.

The Dbanj that you want to kill yourself for na em kon know you abi? Stop behaving like toto jare cheesy
Bye!

cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by joechingo: 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
basilo4312:

dude ur analysis was on point but u need to set the record straight, dbang was a security guard while don jazzy was a producer with jjc and 419 squad in London and that 2baba visit to London inspired them back to do big things and not the other way round. PS any thing don jazzy touches turns to gold, musically right now, dbang is struggling but packaging wise, I will give him 100%
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by dammiecool(m): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
joechingo:

dude ur analysis was on point but u need to set the record straight, dbang was a security guard while don jazzy was a producer with jjc and 419 squad in London and that 2baba visit to London inspired them back to do big things and not the other way round. PS any thing don jazzy touches turns to gold, musically right now, dbang is struggling but packaging wise, I will give him 100%
u mean d prince,dr Sid, korede bello,dija,n rekado r gold? U mean dey r not struggling? For ur info tiwa na gold gold b4 jazzy touched her. If we r true to herself jazzy is struggling the whole mavin is struggling there is a huge difference between jazzy of Mo hit n jazzy of mavin.
About coming back it's wasn't 2 face visit dat inspired dem to come home, it was ruggedman who advised dem to come home n make money as d music business was booming.
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by webhcc: 11:15am On Sep 05, 2017
dammiecool:

u mean d prince,dr Sid, korede bello,dija,n rekado r gold? U mean dey r not struggling? For ur info tiwa na gold gold b4 jazzy touched her. If we r true to herself jazzy is struggling the whole mavin is struggling there is a huge difference between jazzy of Mo hit n jazzy of mavin.
About coming back it's wasn't 2 face visit dat inspired dem to come home, it was ruggedman who advised dem to come home n make money as d music business was booming.

Dayum!

Very nice one! If you know the networth of this baddest dude called Dbanj, you will be amazed how stnkingly wealthy he is. That is why you rarely see him flaunting cars and whatever on social media...no tatoo and no baby mama dramas...he is tooooooo disciplined considering toooo much affluent he has been in for over a ddecade!

Rugged man was their point of reference then, not 2face...on point!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mr Eazi Lied About The N2Million Schlumberger Job / Efe Changes The Polo, Rocks Yomi Casual Designers / Blogger Vivian Gist Welcomes Her First Child With Husband - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.