Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. (1497 Views)

Iyana Iba Interchange & Flyover Bridge, Badagry Expressway, Lagos (Pictures) / Video Of Iyana Iba Interchange And Flyover Bridge / Pictures Of Iyana Iba Interchange And Flyover Bridge In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. by babylawyr(f): 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hello,
As you are aware, the 2017 International Bar Association conference is holding in Sydney, Australia from the 8th to 13th of October, 2017.

Let's meet here to share ideas on visa application, flight arrangement; we will spend about 3days transiting to Australia. It will be nice to have company even at the conference.

I plan to start the process on Tuesday and will keep everyone updated. I will share updates every step of the way.

Please let me know if you have started or you are still planning or even undecided.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. by babylawyr(f): 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
Below is the link for the conference:

https://www.ibanet.org/Conferences/sydney-registration.aspx

Conference fees are as follows:
Members - £2260
Non- members - £2750

Please does anyone know how long it takes to get an Australian vist visa (tourist/business).

Comments are welcome

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2017
Plz i jux got my L.L.B nd proceedin to lawskul by october. Plz wot is d requirement to join IBA nd wot are the benefits of being a member. Tanx
Re: Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. by babylawyr(f): 10:56pm On Sep 01, 2017
Itsachair:
Plz i jux got my L.L.B nd proceedin to lawskul by october. Plz wot is d requirement to join IBA nd wot are the benefits of being a member. Tanx

@itsachair joining the IBA fosters continuous legal education. You have access to wide range of legal materials, papers, presentations, books, conferences etc. There is also a mentorship programme.

The benefits of attending the IBA conference are immeasurable. For me, it exposes me to the world, networking, it makes me a global lawyer, i make loads of contacts whom our parts would never cross ordinarily. Socialization. Attending the seminars are always a gift. And of course, i love travelling, so it's an opportunity to travel to the other end of the earth.

As for requirements, the only requirement is that you must be qualified to practice law in at least one jurisdiction in the world. And of course, payment of membership fee - £81.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2017
babylawyr:

@itsachair joining the IBA fosters continuous legal education. You have access to wide range of legal materials, papers, presentations, books, conferences etc. There is also a mentorship programme.

The benefits of attending the IBA conference are immeasurable. For me, it exposes me to the world, networking, it makes me a global lawyer, i make loads of contacts whom our parts would never cross ordinarily. Socialization. Attending the seminars are always a gift. And of course, i love travelling, so it's an opportunity to travel to the other end of the earth.

As for requirements, the only requirement is that you must be qualified to practice law in at least one jurisdiction in the world. And of course, payment of membership fee - £81.
Cheers tnx for ur prompt response. Plz dnt forget to buy me cheese wen cmin bak o lol

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. by Partnerbiz3: 11:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
So you would spend close to 5k dollars to attend conference that has no direct bearing on your career.

Just tell yourself that you are going on vacation.

4 Likes

Re: Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. by babylawyr(f): 6:27am On Sep 02, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
So you would spend close to 5k dollars to attend conference that has no direct bearing on your career.

Just tell yourself that you are going on vacation.

Uncle, im a lawyer.

Do you think any organisation would sponsor a conference that will not make any impact on your career?

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. by babylawyr(f): 6:27am On Sep 02, 2017
[quote author=Itsachair post[/quote]

Lol. Okay sir
Re: Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. by babylawyr(f): 4:42am On Sep 06, 2017
Has anyone applied for an Austriallian business visa. Please I need some information on the process, im afraid that the information I have seen online is not current.
Does any one know how long it takes to process a visitor business visa. Also, passport vailidity, im in required to have six months on my passport? I can't see that requirement anywhere online. Please assist.
Re: Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. by Cognito79: 4:48am On Sep 06, 2017
Is this why you asked about business visa?

You only need a visitor's visa to attend the conference and you should start your application now.

Go to department for immigration and border protection website for detailed information. The information there is self explanatory and straightforward. The link is below.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visi/Visi

And yes, 6 months validity is a standard for all countries if applying for a visa.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. by babylawyr(f): 4:54am On Sep 06, 2017
Cognito79:
Is this why you asked about business visa?

You only need a visitor's visa to attend the conference and you should start your application now.

Go to department for immigration and border protection website for detailed information. The information there is self explanatory and straightforward. The link is below.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visi/Visi

And yes, 6 months validity is a standard for all countries if applying for a visa.

Yes. Thank you so much. I replied on the other thread. I am trying to get all the documents. Will put in my application before the end of the week. Thanks for taking time to respond.
Re: Lawyers Attending The 2017 IBA Conference In Sydney, Australia. Let's Me Here. by babylawyr(f): 4:41am On Oct 17, 2017
ladylco:

Hi, I sent you a PM, please respond.Thanks

Done

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian International Passport / CapeXit - Why Cape Town Wants To Break Away From South Africa / How Much Will It Cost Me To Relocate To Luxembourg Or Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.