Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Access Bank Job And Uk Visa Which Way? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Access Bank Job And Uk Visa Which Way? (1506 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Requirements To Renew Uk Visa / Uk Visa Application Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Job And Uk Visa Which Way? by Dalvic(m): 5:23pm On Oct 04, 2007
I really need advice from all, my younger brother has been given job at Access bank (4 months in training school first) and also just been given student visa to Uk. PLS I NEED YOU PEOPLE ADVICE TO ADVICE HIM BETTER. Thanks.
Re: Access Bank Job And Uk Visa Which Way? by Nikkykinky(f): 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2007
It all depends on finance. If he has a sponsor, he can go ahead and study. But if he has to sponsor himself, or the source of fund is not so certain, he can take the appointment work for 2 years, and later apply for a student VISA again, which will be taken care of by the study leave which he will be entitled to then.

That is the way I see it. Other opinions are welcomed.
Re: Access Bank Job And Uk Visa Which Way? by Tats(m): 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2007
It depends on what your brother is planning to study in the UK and the future after his course. if he believes that he can get a job in Nigeria on completion of his studies, then he should go ahead and do the course. If your brother intends to go to school in the UK in future, then he should be ready to defend the reason why he did not use the students visa that he was given. On a personal note, I would rather go for the studies as one cannot quantify the experience you will get if you do it. Also, my future cannot be tied to a particular job as there several opportunities.
Re: Access Bank Job And Uk Visa Which Way? by marjson(m): 8:15am On Oct 05, 2007
since he gat the visa already, and he is eligible to work at least 36 hrs per week and more over he is going there to study a degree, i think i would prefer going to the uk since its on a study platform,

wish him all the best,
Re: Access Bank Job And Uk Visa Which Way? by paribus(m): 9:30am On Oct 05, 2007
Is your study in UK at master's level? If you decide to pursue the schooling option, i don't suppose it would be out of place to formally write access bank and let them know of your plans, thank them for the opportunity given (even though you were not able to take up the offer) and possibly express your interest or enquire about the possibility of still working with them at a later time in the future (possibly at a different role). I think if the letter is worded appropriately, you might subtly (no guarantee) hold down a potential place for yourself in the bank after your completing your studies (having been earlier offered a place in the bank).

Still going further, nothing stops you from going to their headquarters and seeking audience with an HR/Recruitment Manager, professionally explaining your predicament and giving reasons why you're choosing the school option. This might keep you in the good books of the bank - employment wise. I'm hoping your level and course of study are relevant to the intended career path you wish to follow in access. Regards
Re: Access Bank Job And Uk Visa Which Way? by toshmann(m): 9:59am On Oct 05, 2007
guy make i tell you the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, runaway from the UK. We wey don come here already de find ways and means of running away after school b/c it is obvious that after school ur progress as an african is as uncertain as incertitude.

take the access job ASAP otherwise na nigerians who are already in the UK that will apply and return home to take that job from u

i don talk cool
Re: Access Bank Job And Uk Visa Which Way? by paribus(m): 10:53am On Oct 05, 2007
@Toshman

I beg to differ - Your progress after school anywhere (not restricted to UK alone) is never certain, only depends on what you can make of the opportunities/resources available to you. A UK degree could potentially (but absolutely no guarantee) get your foot in many doors - employment wise back in Naija and i'm all for taking it if one have the opportunity. While i share your views on the not-so "equal opportunities" available to one as an African here in the UK, that has never been a hindrance for some Africans that choose to get ahead in the UK (or elsewhere), i've come across a lot of nextGen African brothers that have grabbed their 'progress bull' by the horns and locking down very good professional jobs in the UK - while they may be few compared with other yet struggling brothers, i think it goes to show that it's really up to what the individual makes of the situation. remember progress would rarely be certain or handed down on a platter, most times you've got to grab it.

On the other hand, i agree with you on if the poster decides to take the Access job, it is still all good and i don't feel he would exactly be missing out a lifetime opportunity by not choosing now to study in the UK. He can always do this at a later time. Regards
Re: Access Bank Job And Uk Visa Which Way? by Dalvic(m): 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2007
I really appreciate all the contribution so far. He is going to uk first, for ACCA courses then for a master degree in finance. He already has his degree in Accounting. I still need much contribution, especially from experience one. Thanks.
Re: Access Bank Job And Uk Visa Which Way? by ST3V3(m): 3:33am On Oct 08, 2007
If he will be coming to uk, let him/family raise fund so he can start studies immediately. Am "sure" he's got one year study visa which although can later be extended. Its better he goes straight into studying while settling ortherwise, but coming afresh to raise tuition fees is not as easy as it looks, as time is fast running in this country, no jobs like it used to be, and he has to be in education to keep him legall. Didnt mean to scare anybody,however am saying the truth. Best of luck!

(1) (Reply)

North American Airlines To Discontinue International Scheduled Service To Lagos / Pls Assist With Info Traveling To London For Vacay -1st Timer / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.