Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Being Christian Helped Me Forgive Man Who Killrd My Entire Family— Rwandan Woman - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being Christian Helped Me Forgive Man Who Killrd My Entire Family— Rwandan Woman (283 Views)

17-year-old Pakistani Boy Leads His Entire Tribe To Jesus / Church Gives N1M To Man Who Sleeps On Meat Seller's Table In Abuja / Lightning Strikes Rwandan Church And Kills 16 Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being Christian Helped Me Forgive Man Who Killrd My Entire Family— Rwandan Woman by farem: 9:56am On Sep 03, 2017
Being Christian helped me forgive man who killed my entire family —Ilibagiza
September 3, 2017

    
In many accounts of the Rwandan genocide, the church is cast as complicit in the killings that took one million lives in a country the size of Maryland. Indeed, since 1994, United Nations tribunals have found many church leaders guilty of murdering neighbours or aiding Hutu in hunting down Tutsi and moderate Hutu. But Immaculee Ilibagiza, a Tutsi, has a Hutu pastor to thank for saving her life. When Ilibagiza was 23, Rwandan president Juvénal Habyarimana’s plane was shot down over the Kigali airport, inciting Hutu–Tutsi violence the country over. In response, Ilibagiza’s father sent her to hide with the pastor, who took in seven other women and hid them in his family’s three-by-four-foot bathroom. They stayed there for 91 days while Hutu militia came by the house daily searching for Tutsi. The bathroom became the setting for Ilibagiza’s test of faith and forgiveness, which began by praying the Lord’s Prayer many times a day. Ilibagiza spoke recently at the 2017 Willow Creek Leadership Summit. Afterward, she sat down with Christianity Today, to share about the process of forgiving the man who killed her entire family.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/christian-helped-forgive-man-killed-entire-family-ilibagiza/
Re: Being Christian Helped Me Forgive Man Who Killrd My Entire Family— Rwandan Woman by zionmade1: 10:00am On Sep 03, 2017
that's the spirit
The doctrine of Christianity is based of forgiveness. Vangeance belongs to God. The Lord's prayer says "forgive us as we forgive those.... " Jesus died asking God to forgive his killers. Stephen told God not to count their sins against them. Nothing can be sweeter than looking at someone's face and telling him "for the sake of Christ I forgive u"

(1) (Reply)

Sign Of 23 September The End Time Eclipse / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today Saturday, 09/09/2017 / Why Go To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.