Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,079 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? (2737 Views)

Atheists/agnostic/non-religious Memes / Non Religious Believers in god Come Here / Non-Religious Africans, How Easy/Hard Has Dating Been For You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2017
bobowaja:

Forget that guy. The rate they cook lies to support their religion is alarming. They will twist histories just to fight for their God is they ironically said is powerful and omnipotent.

Such jokes!
sorry dude google is your friend do your research as well and stop being closed minded.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

I have to admit u have a point. I have no doubt man will reach imortaity given enough time. The question is will he destroy himself before then.

that we will waitto find out but gods must survive
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
How does this validate your belief?
That's what I asked.

eternal life u mean
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by amrichy(m): 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

My Religiuosity not withstanding, I actually think man will destroy himself. Has it ever occured to u that maybe the comming has already occurred. It clearly says in.the sciptures it will occure before those alive then all pass away
i was just kiddin bro; i hav no iota of beliv in any second coming of some jesus.
as per whether man is going to destroy himsef or not, i think there is a very huge possibility of man bringin about his own annihilation. with all d nuclear weapons many nations hav in their posesion, all it's going to take 4 man to self-destruct is THIRD WORLD WAR!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Ranchhoddas: 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

eternal life u mean
Yeah.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Ranchhoddas: 6:59pm On Sep 04, 2017
amrichy:

i was just kiddin bro; i hav no iota of beliv in any second coming of some jesus.
as per whether man is going to destroy himsef or not, i think there is a very huge possibility of man bringin about his own annihilation. with all d nuclear weapons many nations hav in their posesion, all it's going to take 4 man to self-destruct is THIRD WORLD WAR!
WWW III will not destroy the world.
When the bombs start raining on North Korea, everybody go sit down dey look.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

and the question is NON RELIGIOUS and ancient pagans believe in some deity which negates the status of NON RELIGIOUS to say the least...so what gives... eg of ancient religious such as the non religious ancient religious egyptian built pyramids that modern science with all theirtechnological advancement have NOT BEEN able to decipher the ancient technology of accuracy and this were religious ancient not NON RELIGIOUS

Well, we are talking about believers and non-believers. We are talking about what you and I believe to be true religion (contemporary religion), not religions thst we believe have been.proven.to be false. That's why we
call them.pagans - unbelievers.
Also, what do u say.to this:

Wrong! Those scholars you quoted were not religious and most not radical if they belong to some sect.

Most of the ancient scholars pledge their outward belief to religion to evade consequences of going against it (a case study of Galileo Galilee who was punished for going against the church).

Same thing is still applicable in our world especially in Nigeria. Most often than not, we that doesn't belong to any religion sect were always labeled bad and deprived of some civic benefits and responsibilities, therefore we always change coat to suit our society as need be (that doesn't mean we belief).

Don't be surprised to see most of these professed atheist online as pastors in real world (they are only scared of their society).

Mark's reply to that fan was both for BUSINESS and POLITICAL reasons.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
[code][/code]
amrichy:

You got me there. wink Yep, I also think there is a HUGE chance man will destroy himself.before.he is able to.stretch normal.life span to 200 years

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Well, we are talking about believers and non-believers. We are talking about what you and I believe to be true religion (contemporary religion), not religions thst we believe have been.proven.to be false. That's why we
call them.pagans - unbelievers.
Also, what do u say.to this:

Wrong! Those scholars you quoted were not religious and most not radical if they belong to some sect.

Most of the ancient scholars pledge their outward belief to religion to evade consequences of going against it (a case study of Galileo Galilee who was punished for going against the church).

Same thing is still applicable in our world especially in Nigeria. Most often than not, we that doesn't belong to any religion sect were always labeled bad and deprived of some civic benefits and responsibilities, therefore we always change coat to suit our society as need be (that doesn't mean we belief).

Don't be surprised to see most of these professed atheist online as pastors in real world (they are only scared of their society).

Mark's reply to that fan was both for BUSINESS and POLITICAL reasons.

nope we are talking about religious and non religious bro... so my answer subsist. note pagans believe in an unseen deity which non religious dont you get my drift.

can you provide his personal diary or memoir stating he swore allegiance to save his neck?

why are you afraid... oh maybe u live amidst muslims who you fear may kill u for yoir non belief... well tai solarin was an avowed non religious and no one off his head and the likes of wole soyinka who cares about his head... so you see your fear is unfounded ... as a nigerian bring an innovation and stop pointing to non religious overseas that have affected their soceity. what have you done?

you mean people like HARDMIRROR ...okay i get your gist
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

nope we are talking about religious and non religious bro... so my answer subsist. note pagans believe in an unseen deity which non religious dont you get my drift.

can you provide his personal diary or memoir stating he swore allegiance to save his neck?

why are you afraid... oh maybe u live amidst muslims who you fear may kill u for yoir non belief... well tai solarin was an avowed non religious and no one off his head and the likes of wole soyinka who cares about his head... so you see your fear is unfounded ... as a nigerian bring an innovation and stop pointing to non religious overseas that have affected their soceity. what have you done?

Nope u r wrong. I said clearly they are not conventionally religious. I could have just said not religious. There is a reason I didn't. A pantheist or someone who worships the moon is religious like those pagans but not conventionally religious. So your answer fails.
As for the rest, after the church killed Galileo you'd still proclaim same thing that got hom killed?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Yeah.
if you care to know this questions will guide you...

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Ranchhoddas: 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

if you care to know this questions will guide you...

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO
We are obviously on different wavelengths.
Never mind.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Nope u r wrong. I said clearly they are not conventionally religious. I could have just said not religious. There is a reason I didn't. A pantheist or someone who worships the moon is religious like those pagans but not conventionally religious. So your answer fails.
As for the rest, after the church killed Galileo you'd still proclaim same thing that got hom killed?

your op topic betrays your modified reasoning.... stick to your guns and shot.

its all about religious vs non religious.. its not christianity vs athiest per se so my answer subsist...
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

We are obviously on different wavelengths.
Never mind.

at least you read that will suffice ...soon you will understand the basis of my belief...
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 8:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Ok. Are u just being sarcastic?
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Ranchhoddas: 8:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Ok. Are u just being sarcastic?
Not at all. Let's say Kim Jong Un becomes really mad and hits Guam or even Alaska. Do you think anyone will interfere when the US decide to annihilate them? It's a very unlikely scenario though...
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

exactly!

Though there is also a chance Mark was being sincere - your wife doesn't have three miscarriages without it affecting u.
Maybe he said a fervent prayer b4 they finally had that their daughter.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 8:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Not at all.
Let's say Kim Jong Un becomes really mad and hits Guam or even Alaska.
Do you think anyone will interfere when the US decide to annihilate them?
It's a very unlikely scenario though...

Well, what makes you.think he or some Islamic terrorist won't eventually.possess the ability to annihilate the whole world?
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Not at all.
Let's say Kim Jong Un becomes really mad and hits Guam or even Alaska.
Do you think anyone will interfere when the US decide to annihilate them?
It's a very unlikely scenario though...

Besudes if no one interfers, then.it's not a world war.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

your op topic betrays your modified reasoning.... stick to your guns and shot.

its all about religious vs non religious.. its not christianity vs athiest per se so my answer subsist...

Nope, It's all right there in my.opening statement . See my reply to second to comment on the thread. Anybody can say they are religious - maybe they worship their pencil. You can only pin them down on conventional religion.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
Niflheim:
@op,

Do not forget Elon Musk. He is a "Transhumanist"!!! Also, the famous American computer programmer(Aaron Swartz), was a "Dataist"!!!

Thanks. Have to admit.never heard of these guys.

Here is Elon Musk:

Cyborgs
Why Elon Musk's transhumanism claims may not be that far-fetched
The Tesla and SpaceX founder warned that a future where AI is smarter than us will be 'dangerous' and we must all become cyborgs to survive

By LIAT CLARK
15 Feb 2017

We must all become cyborgs if we are to survive the inevitable robot uprising. That's the message from Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk, the entrepreneur who wants to send the human race to Mars. At the World Government Summit in Dubai, Musk argued that to avoid becoming redundant in the face of artificial intelligence we must merge with machines to enhance our own intellect.

The merging of humans and machines is happening now:
"Over time I think we will probably see a closer merger of biological intelligence and digital intelligence," Musk said at a Tesla launch in Dubai, according to a report in CNBC. "It's mostly about the bandwidth, the speed of the connection between your brain and the digital version of yourself, particularly output."

Transhumanism, the enhancement of humanity’s capabilities through science and technology, is already a living reality for many people, to varying degrees. Documentary-maker Rob Spence replaced one of his own eyes with a video camera in 2008; amputees are using prosthetics connected to their own nerves and controlled using electrical signals from the brain; implants are helping tetraplegics regain independence through the BrainGate project. At the lo-fi end of the spectrum, aspiring cyborgs have been implanting magnets under their skin for years. In the February issue of WIRED, former director of the United States Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, Arati Prabhakar, wrote: “From my perspective, which embraces a wide swathe of research disciplines, it seems clear that we humans are on a path to a more symbiotic union with our machines.”

But the theory isn't new. In March 2013, Zoltan Istvan published a novel called The Transhumanist Wager. The book asks a simple question: how far would you go to fight an anti-science world in order to live indefinitely through transhumanism? Protagonist Jethro Knights would start a world war - and does so in the book. It is seen, by some, as a political manifesto and 18 months after publishing it, Istvan announced he was running for the US presidency.

"Transhumanism will lead humanity forward to understand what seems like a simple truth: that the spectre of ageing and death are unwanted, and we should strive to control and eliminate them," Istvan said last year. "Today, the idea of conquering death with science is still seen as strange. So is the idea of merging with machines - one of transhumanists' most important long-term goals. But once bionic eyes are better than human eyes - something that will likely happen within the next decade or so - the elective upgrades will start. So will using robots for household chores and getting chip implants (I have one in my hand). So will CRISPR genetic editing create a new age of curing of disease and enhancing our physical form."

These separate, yet parallel, views suggest Musk’s claims are not particularly far-fetched. For many people, phones, tablets and laptops are near to hand through most of the day - the Tesla boss simply believes we will need to integrate that processing power, rather than keep it exterior. The resulting potential of this would be extraordinary. At the Dubai Summit, Musk compared our current communication capability (typing) of 10 bits per second, to that of a computer’s, at “a trillion bits per second”.

"Some high bandwidth interface to the brain will be something that helps achieve a symbiosis between human and machine intelligence and maybe solves the control problem and the usefulness problem."
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
Niflheim:
@op,

Do not forget Elon Musk. He is a "Transhumanist"!!! Also, the famous American computer programmer(Aaron Swartz), was a "Dataist"!!!

I have no doubt Aaron Swartz would still be alive if he was conventionally religious:

Aaron Hillel Swartz (November 8, 1986 – January 11, 2013)
was an American computer programmer, entrepreneur, writer, political ...
CAUSE OF DEATH‎: ‎Suicide‎
ALMA MATER‎: ‎Stanford University‎
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 1:31am On Sep 05, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Nope, It's all right there in my.opening statement . See my reply to second to comment on the thread. Anybody can say they are religious - maybe they worship their pencil. You can only pin them down on conventional religion.

aight i just read it... its about information dissemination for preaching...truly i agree on the human level they have it and denial of the more potent tools by some christians has made their witness ineffective BUT greater works than HIS (Christ) shall i do because of the greater in me. #greatIAM
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 1:52am On Sep 05, 2017

"Transhumanism will lead humanity forward to understand what seems like a simple truth: that the spectre of ageing and death are unwanted, and we should strive to control and eliminate them," Istvan said last year. "Today, the idea of conquering death with science is still seen as strange. So is the idea of merging with machines - one of transhumanists' most important long-term goals. But once bionic eyes are better than human eyes - something that will likely happen within the next decade or so - the elective upgrades will start. So will using robots for household chores and getting chip implants (I have one in my hand). So will CRISPR genetic editing create a new age of curing of disease and enhancing our physical form."

These separate, yet parallel, views suggest Musk’s claims are not particularly far-fetched. For many people, phones, tablets and laptops are near to hand through most of the day - the Tesla boss simply believes we will need to integrate that processing power, rather than keep it exterior. The resulting potential of this would be extraordinary. At the Dubai Summit, Musk compared our current communication capability (typing) of 10 bits per second, to that of a computer’s, at “a trillion bits per second”.

"Some high bandwidth interface to the brain will be something that helps achieve a symbiosis between human and machine intelligence and maybe solves the control problem and the usefulness problem."

interesting... a decade is 10years i suppose...lets say 2027... by His grace am there i will save this quote and see what happens. do you remember the dna research that boasted of understqnding human dna and thus understand disease to cure them... 10 years later they still at 0 point.. the above quote is another boasting...maybe the TH will be reality to do wonders ..
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by bobowaja(m): 7:52am On Sep 05, 2017
uvalued:

sorry dude google is your friend do your research as well and stop being closed minded.
Who is close minded? Do you guys read away from your Bible? Search yourself before you accuse someone else exactly what you are facing (and to burst your bubble, I am not a poor student of history). Good morning
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by jonbellion(m): 8:18am On Sep 05, 2017
Because Organised religion is unfashionable in silicon valley
undecided
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by HardMirror(m): 10:25am On Sep 05, 2017
uvalued:

what has hardmior got to do with your discuss here?
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Edenoscar2(m): 11:49am On Sep 05, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
and you think russia will be looking at usa throwing bombs anyhow
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Ranchhoddas: 11:54am On Sep 05, 2017
Edenoscar2:

and you think russia will be looking at usa throwing bombs anyhow
Nobody. Not even Russia would risk the ire of the US if they have to retaliate in the event of an attack.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Edenoscar2(m): 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Nobody. Not even Russia would risk the ire of the US if they have to retaliate in the event of an attack.

and why do you think usa hasnt done anything except sanctions and santions,you dont attack north korea and expect china and russia to clap for you
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Ranchhoddas: 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
Edenoscar2:

and why do you think usa hasnt done anything except sanctions and santions,you dont attack north korea and expect china and russia to clap for you
I used the word "retaliate".
The DPRK has to attack first.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Solve This Riddle? / Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. / Is It God's Will For Us To Be Rich?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.