Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,786 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Vuejs Confirm Dialog Plugin - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Vuejs Confirm Dialog Plugin (1609 Views)

Pgadmin - Please Correct The Binary Path In The Preferences Dialog Solution For / Vuejs Realtime Multi Player Quiz application Tutorial Series / Laravel Vuejs Video Manager Application Tutorial Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vuejs Confirm Dialog Plugin by godofbrowser(m): 3:30am On Sep 04, 2017
Hello geeks.

Do you make use of vue for your frontend development?

If yes, then you'll agree with me that it can be time consuming building a confirmation dialog that would be easily reused in any part of the project without doing too many copy and paste.

For this reason, we sometimes feel it's faster going with the default
window.confirm() 
method.

But then, if that call was easy enough, then you'll love this new vuejs confirm plugin.
Just do this anywhere within your project.
this.$dialog.confirm("Delete this item?" )

Github repo: https://github.com/godofbrowser/vuejs-dialog
Link to demo: https://godofbrowser.github.io/vuejs-dialog/

What's more interesting? It's lightweight. Not up to 30kb minified.
So save yourself the stress and still get a nice dialog with a reasonable UI, animation, and lots of options to tweak the plugin to your taste.

Also feel free to contribute and make it better.

1 Like

Re: Vuejs Confirm Dialog Plugin by Dekatron(m): 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
godofbrowser:
Hello geeks.

Do you make use of vue for your frontend development?

If yes, then you'll agree with me that it can be time consuming building a confirmation dialog that would be easily reused in any part of the project without doing too many copy and paste.

For this reason, we sometimes feel it's faster going with the default
window.confirm() 
method.

But then, if that call was easy enough, then you'll love this new vuejs confirm plugin.
Just do this anywhere within your project.
this.$dialog.confirm("Delete this item?" )

Github repo: https://github.com/godofbrowser/vuejs-dialog
Link to demo: https://godofbrowser.github.io/vuejs-dialog/

What's more interesting? It's lightweight. Not up to 30kb minified.
So save yourself the stress and still get a nice dialog with a reasonable UI, animation, and lots of options to tweak the plugin to your taste.

Also feel free to contribute and make it better.
Being the backend developer I am, I was writing my front end with Reactjs.. has a crazy learning curve plus too much choices (redux, mobx and shii. Fu!ck you, JS cry cry cry )... DECIDED to use Vuejs.... way simpler and unidirectional and all....

Nice one man!! Checking out the repo
Re: Vuejs Confirm Dialog Plugin by godofbrowser(m): 5:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
Dekatron:
Being the backend developer I am, I was writing my front end with Reactjs.. has a crazy learning curve plus too much choices (redux, mobx and shii. Fu!ck you, JS cry cry cry )... DECIDED to use Vuejs.... way simpler and unidirectional and all....

Nice one man!! Checking out the repo

Yeah, vuejs is much more simpler, easy to setup and gives you so much flexibility.

If you find the plugin useful, you may consider starring the repo and sharing with your friends who also use vuejs.

It's not only convenient to use, it can also serve as a kickstarter for you should you see the need to build something more personalised.

Thanks.

Re: Vuejs Confirm Dialog Plugin by BobAxelrod: 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
good work bro
Re: Vuejs Confirm Dialog Plugin by godofbrowser(m): 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
BobAxelrod:
good work bro

Thanks man. I hope you find it useful someday.
Re: Vuejs Confirm Dialog Plugin by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
It Is No Fun (For Me) Using Js Libraries

The One I Tried (Jquery) I Got Stuck And Couldn't Find A Solution Since Then Pure Js Is Better
Re: Vuejs Confirm Dialog Plugin by godofbrowser(m): 9:58pm On Sep 14, 2017
ANTONINEUTRON:
It Is No Fun (For Me) Using Js Libraries

The One I Tried (Jquery) I Got Stuck And Couldn't Find A Solution
Since Then Pure Js Is Better

I do not agree that vanilla js is easier to use. It's like saying walking on foot is better than a Lamborghini.

Imagine you doing:

var node = document.getElementByClassname( "my-class" )

And

var node = $( ".my-class" )

Another thing you should also note is browser compatibility issues. Js Libraries handles them out of the box.

So you worry about how to solve a problem and cross-browser compatibility.

What am I saying in essence? Libraries are good. Even if you choose to code raw, you'll one day need to build your own libraries to speed up future projects. This is the primary reason why we have them.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need C# Tutorials Pls Someone Help Me / Programming Languages Hackers Should Learn / Pls Any Programmer In Uyo??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.