Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

*horror Witch* - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / *horror Witch* (676 Views)

Encounter With The Witch / Ikenna Igwe Shares Horror Experiences In A Face-me-i-face-you Building / Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*horror Witch* by Prectega(m): 9:22am On Sep 04, 2017
*HORROR WITCH*

Chapter One

Blood rushed profusely down her neck, and the thick walls echoed her shrieks as Micheal pulled his daughter up. She put her arms around his neck, sobbing.
He picked his way, holding her tightly in his arms as he moved through the mass of rotten bodies and the blood-slimed floor.

Everyone understood what had just taken place—she has been infected by a witch bite. So far, jon her young boyfriend, was the only one who dared to go to her side.

As soon as he got his daughter past the pack of bodies , Anna wriggled out of his grip . She looked at no one. Jon understood why. She’d just been infected, and she was clearly terrified with great fear . So was he.

Micheal put a hand on his daughter’s shoulder. “merit , let me see the wound.”
“No!” she wriggled free of his grasp and ran into the bathroom, her footsteps contrasting their silence. He heard the noise of the lock. Locked in darkness. After all, there was no electricity.

All of them stood in the great hall of the anan Hover library in Vatican speechless. As usual, Lisa had her gun drawn. Euron and Joe had their blood-soaked rubber gloves on, Lisa thoughts were interrupted by the sound of merit sobbing in the dark bathroom. They all listened in silence.

“Maybe we can stop the infection from spreading, somehow stop her from....”Lisa said Jon didn’t blame her. He couldn’t have finished the sentence either. Not at the moment.

“How do you propose we do that?” Micheal asked. His voice sounded angrier than he had intended. Then again, he had just watched a witch bite his daughter. “Cut off her ear?”
. We have to cut the blood flow somehow. The ear is mostly cartilage, so....” said one of them.

Standing there as they waited, felt like days had passed since battling the witch plague and the walking dead.

The infection destroyed what was human in its victims. Turned them into zombies. Literally. Forced to relive his daughter’s attack— as her surprised look as the hand of an infected human, he grabbed her leg and pulled her down.

Micheal watched himself running to her as he wasn't in his body. He almost reached her in time... but almost never counts, except in love stories .

Jon was at the Bathroom door, trying to talk Merit into coming out. If anyone could do it, he could. They were young, and in love. The events over the last ten days or so had convinced him of this fact. After all that had happened, he was over worrying about them getting too close.

"Merit has been bitten". Those words resounded loudly in Micheal's head, and his heart ached at the thought of her going through what he had experienced.

The cure for witch bite after all, was terrifying.
"But at least there was a cure".
Micheal repeated the words in his head over and over again
Indeed, experience had shown the group one sure way to reverse the infection. Still Micheal pushed the horrible cure to the back of his mind, to deal with it later.

Jon's brother, Joe, now threw his gloves aside and walked down the wall next to the bathroom . He drew his knees up and held his head in his hands. His best friend Haley followed him.

Lisa looked up at Jon with pity . She loved merit he knew. But for now, she crossed the great hall and joined the bad guys .

Micheal body felt dead as he walked over to Euron .
“Let me try to talk to Merit ,” he said. Only then did Micheal see that eurons cheeks were streaked with tears. He stepped aside for Micheal , who knocked softly. “Merit”
(Silence)
“AngelHoney, it’s Dad.”
“Go away,” she replied weeping.
Re: *horror Witch* by Deji124(m): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2017
Nice starting but y not finish your first story before u start another,
Re: *horror Witch* by Prectega(m): 9:31am On Sep 04, 2017
Deji124:
Nice starting but y not finish your first story before u start another,
thanks....
I will sir
I thought no one was following since I didn't get comments
Re: *horror Witch* by Deji124(m): 9:38am On Sep 04, 2017
Prectega:

thanks....
I will sir
I thought no one was following since I didn't get comments
Bro there are many readers following but u have to keep updating to gain more followers,
Re: *horror Witch* by Prectega(m): 9:42am On Sep 04, 2017
Deji124:
Bro there are many readers following but u have to keep updating to gain more followership,
hmm thanks

are you?
Re: *horror Witch* by Prectega(m): 11:40am On Sep 04, 2017
*Horror witch*

Episode 2

Micheal fought back a father instinct to order her out of there. Reason, he told himself. She might respond to reason.

As if there was anything reasonable about this. As if there was anything reasonable about the world turning upside down within the last ten days. A witch infection outbreak had swept the world, along with all the chaos that came with such an event. Lives halted. Torn apart, literally. Yes, normal was a thing of the past.

“merit , lisa says we might be able to stop the blood flow and....”
“Why don’t you tell Merit to come back after she’s been bitten!”
“Merit , you can’t stay in there. Come out and let me have a look at the wound.”
“No! I’m not coming out. Lock me in here. I don’t want you to see... see me... not like this.”

“Sir,” Edmond was back .....

He didn’t need to say any more. In thanks, or maybe in apology, Micheal put his hand on Euron shoulder briefly, and walked back to the others.

“Let’s give them a little time. Just a little,” Micheal said to Lisa
The four of them sat behind a podium near the main entrance of the library . It had become our refuge from the insane outside world. Or so they had thought.

Last night’s attack from dozens of witch obviously had proved otherwise. If they were going to find peace here, they would have to sweep the building first. To secure every entryway and take care of Merit who had been infected . Until then, and only then, there would be no rest for the weary.
Micheal spoke of this and waited for a reply. Everyone was still trying to wrap their heads around the fact that Merit had been the latest bitten. Doomed to become a zombie witch .
Re: *horror Witch* by Prectega(m): 8:47am On Sep 05, 2017
*Horror witch*

Episode 3

Euron replied first, changing the subject, as he often did when things became too emotional. “We’ve got radios, right? Walkie-talkies?” He glanced at Lisa , the police man . She had been close to being lisa , Micheal's girlfriend. But this ain’t the optimum time for romance.

That can wait, Micheal thought . Maybe permanently.
“Yeah.” She rubbed her eyes. “I’ve got some. They’re in the office.”
“How many?”
“Three. There’s another one in my patrol car.”
“We can do with three for now, I think,” Micheal said.

None of them wanted to go outside, despite the daylight. “How about if and I start a security sweep? We can start from the roof and work our way down. We can share a radio, if we stay together.”
“We’d better stay together. Two by two is a lot safer,” Jon said.

“Lisa , can you cover them?” Micheal asked.
“Of course, but—”
“Good. Use one of the radios and I’ll stay behind with Merit and Edmond .”

Micheal paused. “I can’t leave Merit alone for a minute. Not now—”

Lisa shook her head “No, Jack. Let me stay behind with her.”

1 Like

Re: *horror Witch* by Prectega(m): 7:46pm On Sep 08, 2017
“But I want to be near her in case....”
“I know,” she said softly “But you’re too close to this right now, Micheal . Let me stay. You need to find something to take your mind off Merit .”
“I need what? Take my mind off my daughter?!”

Micheal ouldn’t help the harsh tone that went with his words.
Lisa raised her hand in peace.

“Facing you is probably going to be the most difficult thing for her. I know you’re heartbroken. We all are. But right now, we need to take care of business. And our first priority, for the entire group, is security and survival ”

Micheal couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Especially when his brother said,

“She’s right, Micheal . Let Edmond work his magic on merit. She’ll come out eventually.
And those two couldn’t be in better hands than Lisa's right now.”

“I’m her father, goddammit!”
“I know,” said Euron ,
. “And, I’m her uncle. I’m in no hurry to lose her either. You and I taking care of Merit will be next on the list once we secure the premises.”

The security sweep took longer than anticipated.
They began on the roof, armed with loaded weapons and clothes . The roof held more crazies than they’d expected. But the infected were sitting there . Shooting them and getting their bodies out of the way took a while.

The group was relieved to find the huge telescope escaped damage. Internationally famous, perhaps there would be a use for it again some day. They hoped so.

They closed and locked the telescope’s door to keep the smarter witches from vandalizing it. Then they made their way down through three levels that had once hosted hundreds of visitors daily. Before the outbreak,

of course. Now, the only visitors to Anna Hover library were the undead kind. Micheal hated killing, even in the military, but this... this was so alien and absurd. The emotions involved in taking...........

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Take Writing Projects: Romance, Crime, Sci Fi, Children's Literature Etc / Deeper / I Love Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.