Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Advice Needed As Soon As Possible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advice Needed As Soon As Possible (382 Views)

This Is Why Christians Are Expecting Elijah And Enoch As Soon As Possible / Mbaka To Fall Sick Soon, As A Warning From God / Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed As Soon As Possible by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 04, 2017
A very good and perfect day to you all,,, am a Nigerian based here in South Africa,,, I and my fiancee are having plans of opening a Bar in Cape Town,,, and she is having difficulty in supporting me because a pastor friend told her that is against our Christian faith,,,,, please I really wanted to confirm if the Bible in any way condemns this kind of business,,,,,, what is your opinion and view on this,,, your comments will be highly appreciated,,, thanks and God bless
Re: Advice Needed As Soon As Possible by Ranchhoddas: 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
princecharles100:
A very good and perfect day to you all,,, am a Nigerian based here in South Africa,,, I and my fiancee are having plans of opening a Bar in Cape Town,,, and she is having difficulty in supporting me because a pastor friend told her that is against our Christian faith,,,,, please I really wanted to confirm if the Bible in any way condemns this kind of business,,,,,, what is your opinion and view on this,,, your comments will be highly appreciated,,, thanks and God bless
Disengage her and start your business.
Who wants to marry a woman who is controlled by her pastor?
A pastor who probably drinks ogogoro in secret.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed As Soon As Possible by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Disengage her and start your business.
Who wants to marry a woman who is controlled by her pastor?
A pastor who probably drinks ogogoro in secret.
Thanks for your comments,, I would wanted to do as you said,, but the problem here is the fact that she is the one who is going to provide all the necessary documentations needed in opening the business,,, the situation is not the same in Nigeria where you can just open any business like that
Re: Advice Needed As Soon As Possible by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
Re: Advice Needed As Soon As Possible by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
As an ardent Christ follower, I thought of some business being good or bad. In business like that, I wouldn't give my self for this.

Some sort of jobs do not glorify God. We have'em plenty.

Insider job, 'kidnapping', prostitution, pick-pocketing etc. These ones are really disapproving per se. LoL.

OP. . . What kind of a bar?

I assume various kinds of bar exist.
Re: Advice Needed As Soon As Possible by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
Jhaytee4all:
As an ardent Christ follower, I thought of some business being good or bad. In business like that, I wouldn't give my self for this.

Some sort of jobs do not glorify God. We have'em plenty.

Insider job, 'kidnapping', prostitution, pick-pocketing etc. These ones are really disapproving per se. LoL.

OP. . . What kind of a bar?

I assume various kinds of bar exist.

I meant a bar pub where alcohols and other soft drinks will be sold,,, is really against our Christian faith
Re: Advice Needed As Soon As Possible by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
princecharles100:
I meant a bar pub where alcohols and other soft drinks will be sold,,, is really against our Christian faith

I can only advise you to invest your money on what is profitable and what glorifies God.

Ask your self, does drinking alcohols/hard drinks glorify God? Moreso, You don't want to serve as a stumbling block in the lives of others, do you?

Why I said that is 'cos. . . Instead of you to evangelise the gospel of Christ to those who take hard drinks and even get drunk. . . You want to go ahead making it worse for them and to include yourself.

Remeber what apostle Paul said?

1Cortinthians8:9

(GOD'S WORD Translation)
But be careful that by using
your freedom you don't
somehow make a believer who
is weak in faith fall into sin.

So therefore, you need to consider those people who are weak in the faith. Or else, you serve as a stumbling block away from their salvation.

And your fiancee can't tell you what to do undecided is she south african?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed As Soon As Possible by hopefulLandlord: 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Disengage her and start your business. Who wants to marry a woman who is controlled by her pastor? A pastor who probably drinks ogogoro in secret.
cheesy
Re: Advice Needed As Soon As Possible by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
This is a serious matter but If there is something else you can do, it might be better... Because bar pub will harbor a lot of people against your Christian faith, some will even pay you with the proceeds from stealing and greed etc and from there you will even tithe to the church.. Well, you just need to look at all these things, and weigh it with God's Word. Moreover pray that God should reveal his thoughts to you concerning the bar you wants to happen.. Stay blessed!

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(tue. 05/08/17) Desperation Generates Overflow / A Motivated Mindset / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 8/9/17 Increased Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.