Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,606 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat (1873 Views)

Construction Process Of Our Bungalow Apartments. / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS FOR A 3000 SEATER EVENT CENTRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 5:49am On Sep 05, 2017
Good day all, I will be sharing the construction process of a 32 family block of 1 bedroom flats, pictures will be shared and questions answered. Below are some brief of the project.
Project Name: 32 families 1 bedroom flat, 8 families in a floor, 3 suspended floors.
Client : A developer
Contractor : MASTER PEDRO CONSTRUCTIONS. U can get to us via the number 08060467945.
Project Duration: 6months.
Built up area : 679 sqm
Area of land: 5000 sqm

The project is located in Jahi district, Engineering infrastructures(light, drainage, road, sewage system, water etc) have been built by Gilmor construction in the area. It is actually a developing zone with many building constructions going on.
Construction started on Monday 21st august and 3 weeks was stipulated to read h the first milestone, that is the damp proof course stage.

Questions will be entertained as we go on, so feel free to ask questions and make suggestions.

A terrace building will also be built in the plot but that's after this one. The floor plan and side view of the building is shown below.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 5:51am On Sep 05, 2017
Front elevation view

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 6:03am On Sep 05, 2017
DAY 1 went to development control DC department of the FCDA to apply for setting out inspection after which we moved down to the site to resume site clearance and setting out. I made sure I maintained the setting out rule in Abuja of 6m from the entrance fence wall and 3m from the side fence walls. We also ordered for sharp sand and granite.

1. Site clearance. The company building engineering infrastructures there dumped laterite on the land making it impossible for water to flow out. So an artificial lake was formed.
2. Setting out

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Nutase: 6:53am On Sep 05, 2017
Following with keen interest.
Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by abouzaid: 8:22am On Sep 05, 2017
Gabrielclint:
Good day all, I will be sharing the construction process of a 32 family block of 1 bedroom flats, pictures will be shared and questions answered. Below are some brief of the project.
Project Name: 32 families 1 bedroom flat, 8 families in a floor, 3 suspended floors.
Contractor : MASTER PEDRO CONSTRUCTIONS. U can get to us via the number 08060467945.

The project is located in Jahi district, Engineering infrastructures(light, drainage, road, sewage system, water etc) have been built by Gilmor construction in the area. It is actually a developing zone with many building constructions going on.
Construction started on Monday 21st august and 3 weeks was stipulated to read h the first milestone, that is the damp proof course stage.

Questions will be entertained as we go on, so feel free to ask questions and make suggestions.

A terrace building will also be built in the plot but that's after this one. The floor plan and side view of the building is shown below.
I gave you a like but the floor plan would be more appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
abouzaid:
I gave you a like but the floor plan would be more appreciated.

It's not ethical to share a clients floor plan without consent. But can send to u privately..
Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 2:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
The pictures below are still on day 1. Couldn't finish sending it yesterday cos I had to do a structural design for a new project coming up soon by God's grace.

Picture 1. 30ton granite delivered to site. Negotiated Wt the supplier and he was able to give me at 2300/ton.then 13,000 for transport.

Picture 2. Profiling and setting out.

The block moulding was also given out as contract and would be done insitu so I can supervise his mixing and curing very well.

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by abouzaid: 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
Gabrielclint:

It's not ethical to share a clients floor plan without consent. But can send to u privately..
greenermodels@gmail.com, thanks a million and remain blessed.
Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by toxxnoni(m): 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2017
Gabrielclint:

urgent request

my client need 6 nos. 3 bdrm with spacious compound or 4 nos 4 bdrm terrace with spacious compound on a major road, for office use, at lekki scheme 1, or its environment for immediate purchase.
budget is 250 million to 350 million (naira)

call or whatsapp 08136569906 or 08120553460
Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 6:38am On Sep 06, 2017
abouzaid:
greenermodels@gmail.com, thanks a million and remain blessed.

Will send to u this morning
Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 6:40am On Sep 06, 2017
toxxnoni:

urgent request

my client need 6 nos. 3 bdrm with spacious compound or 4 nos 4 bdrm terrace with spacious compound on a major road, for office use, at lekki scheme 1, or its environment for immediate purchase.
budget is 250 million to 350 million (naira)

call or whatsapp 08136569906 or 08120553460

Thanks.. Will get back to u asap
Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 6:47am On Sep 06, 2017
DAY 2 AND 3..

trench digging proper. The width of the foundation is 700mm and the depth 1000mm. The total length of trench to be dug is 462m. So it took exactly two days to dig Wt over 15 labourers digging each day. I also observed that some part of the land was sand filled, so I am considering introducing a beam to chain those areas. I was able to negotiate Wt them and the dug per meter 350naira for me. Below are pictures of the trench digging.

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by abouzaid: 9:18am On Sep 06, 2017
Gabrielclint:

Will send to u this morning
thanks.
Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by snakebeat: 10:22am On Sep 06, 2017
Gabrielclint:
DAY 2 AND 3..

trench digging proper. The width of the foundation is 700mm and the depth 1000mm. The total length of trench to be dug is 462m. So it took exactly two days to dig Wt over 15 labourers digging each day. I also observed that some part of the land was sand filled, so I am considering introducing a beam to chain those areas. I was able to negotiate Wt them and the dug per meter 350naira for me. Below are pictures of the trench digging.
@bold quite cheap?
Are your labourers based in Abuja? If yes can u help me with the contact of their coordinator? Will really appreciate. Always help us with the prices of labourers, seems u have good labourers.

What is the dept of your column base?
Foundation for three suspended floor shouldn't have been anything less than 1.2m ooo
Great job...
Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 10:25am On Sep 06, 2017
snakebeat:

@bold quite cheap?
Are your labourers based in Abuja? If yes can u help me with the contact of their coordinator? Will really appreciate. Always help us with the prices of labourers, seems u have good labourers.

What is the dept of your column base?
Foundation for three suspended floor shouldn't have been anything less than 1.2m ooo
Great job...

I will give u the number, u can reach me wt 08060467945. The depth of the trench doesn't really matter, rather the thickness of the column base and it's depth...

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by snakebeat: 11:08am On Sep 06, 2017
Gabrielclint:

I will give u the number, u can reach me wt 08060467945. The depth of the trench doesn't really matter, rather the thickness of the column base and it's depth...
Okay thanks alot. Will reach u sir.

What is d depth of the base?
Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
snakebeat:

Okay thanks alot. Will reach u sir.

What is d depth of the base?

We have three types of column base Wt different thickness. Our 1600*1600 is 450mm, the 2000*2000 is 500 while the 2500*2500 is 600mm.
Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2017
Day 4.
The iron bender started cutting and bending of the column base reinforcement (basket). We have 64 columns in the building, 35 is 1600*1600mm in dimension and 450mm thick, so for that I told the iron bender to cut the irons 2m so I can get 6 from one rod. The reinforcement is y12 @ 150mm spacing. We also have 20 columns which is 2000*2000mm with 500mm thickness , Y12@150mm spacing. It was cut 3m
Then the remaining 9 is 2500*2500mm, 600mm thickness(depth) Y16@150mm spacing.
All the starter bars are Y20. 55 of the columns are 4Y20 while 9 are 6Y20.
PRICING. .. The basket and starter bars Wt mounting was done for 2500/column.

On that same day, the digging was concluded and Wt my level instrument I made sure I leveled everywhere and introduced step up of 225mm when necessary. I always like maibtaining my height at foundation level.

I also negotiated price for the Column base digging and some laterite dropped inside the rooms were packed out to give way for column base digging.

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2017
Pls feel free to comment and ask your questions. Will be sharing pictures at the end of each work day. Thanks
Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Aceskay(m): 5:42am On Sep 07, 2017
This is a great work and nice development for the breakdown and follow up of the project here... � bro

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by raymondFirstborn(m): 8:05am On Sep 07, 2017
grin
Gabrielclint:
Pls feel free to comment and ask your questions. Will be sharing pictures at the end of each work day. Thanks

Boss I hail o, nice job going on there.Anything for the boys?
I do pulmbing and water supply contracts grin

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
DAY 5-6.

DIGGING OF COLUMN BASE.
Wt lines drawn from the centre lines, the column base of different dimensions were marked and the digging commenced.

Pricing: the 1.6*1.6m * .45 column base was dug for 1200
The 2*2*.5m was dug for 1600 while the 2.5*2.5*.6m was dug for 2500.

While the digging was going on, parking of the layette dug was also going on simultaneously so they wount collapse.

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by abouzaid: 10:52am On Sep 08, 2017
Gabrielclint:
DAY 5-6.

DIGGING OF COLUMN BASE.
Wt lines drawn from the centre lines, the column base of different dimensions were marked and the digging commenced.

Pricing: the 1.6*1.6m * .45 column base was dug for 1200
The 2*2*.5m was dug for 1600 while the 2.5*2.5*.6m was dug for 2500.

While the digging was going on, parking of the layette dug was also going on simultaneously so they wount collapse.
chairman, still expecting your mail o.
Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2017
Day 7 blinding... The whole 64 columns were blinded Wt grade 15 concrete 1:3:6 mix, blinding thickness is 50mm

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 8:16am On Sep 10, 2017
While the construction is going on, block moulding started at the site too. The block is produced with Stone dust and cement. 1 bag of cement was producing 48-50 bags and it's watered till the 6th day. We will be needing like 6000 blocks to bring it up to DPC level

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 8:21am On Sep 16, 2017
Day 8-9.
Mounting of the column basket and starter bars. Guage for the trench casting was also marked with the help of the levelling instrument.

Sorry for the delay in updating, I had a very busy schedule.

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2017
Some of the columns had double reinforcement

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
Day 10.
Casting of the column base. A mix ratio of 1:2:4 was used, and batching by volume was the method of batching used. The mixing was done Wt a concrete mixer and the transportation with a wheel barrow. The cost of casting the column base was 180,000 And 450 bags of cement was used.

Rem: u can ask your questions as we go.

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by Gabrielclint(m): 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
Casting contiues

Re: Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat by DerMeister: 3:23pm On Jan 19, 2018
Nice job! Please how much does it cost to hire a concrete mixer for a day.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Room Self At Gbagada Area And A Mini Flat Around Ajah Axis / Decent 3bedroom Terrace Duplex With BQ To Let @ Grenadines Homes Sangotedo. PIXX / Flat Needed For Rent In Abesan Estate Ipaja Or Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.