Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines (25991 Views)

Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs / 16 Famous Nigerian Airlines That No Longer Exist / Breaking: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines From Entering Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by wakililipupuru: 6:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
Tell them
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by ritababe(f): 6:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
wetin them they wait for? mtcheeeww
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by lonlytroy(m): 6:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nigeria get airline? lol
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by calberian: 6:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nutase:
Na only arik be that.

A - gini?
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by magicminister: 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nice one!!!
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by icon8: 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
ifyalways:
Which Nigerian airline still flies to US? Arik? Is that one still functioning?

Can you kill what's dead? cheesy

What is dead may never die...
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
kennygee:
Even Nigerians will Ban Nigerian Airlines if they can.

I'll never fly on a local airline.
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by trustedgreatpro: 6:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
Seems like a fake news...NG & US are in good terms politically
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by linearity: 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
martyns303:
Like how many Nigerian airlines even fly to the US? Understandable the US wants to maintain certain standards but they are exaggerating on the situation.

Plus the US makes far too much money from Nigerian passengers.

The certification is actually for the Airport, Delta flies directly into the US. Without this certification, it will not happen and Nigeria will loose big time to neighboring Africa countries as those US flights will reroute there and use them as their hubs, Nigeria bound travelers will then be put on a connecting flight to Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by lenghtinny(m): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2017
thesicilian:
Haha. Don't mind them. Both the US and Nigerian authorities are deceiving themselves. We don't even have president not to talk of airline
gringringrin

Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by Andy2274: 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2017
Oga no Nigerian airline goes to US now o. Only Arik b4 but stopped since Feb or so. So when and how you get your news?
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by Xwhy1: 6:38pm On Sep 05, 2017
okerekeikpo:
They should go ahead and bare the zoo airways
You carried zoo passport, eat zoo food, sleep in the zoo, and behave like the zoo.

Who is the real zoo monkey?

Stop calling yourself domesticated monkey again..You're indirectly insulting yourself.
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by Bambela(m): 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
Chei, how will Buhari travel for his medical check up.
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by CNNN: 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
olukaygold:
I just don't know how I dey make FTC today...three times to be on FTC Today! anyway all thanks toy God...I know this month is a good month.happy birthday to me in advance.

Get busy!
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by Ladyjumong(f): 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
What do we expect
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by Odianose13(m): 6:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
kennygee:
Even Nigerians will Ban Nigerian Airlines if they can.

U must have been in Edo State (ekpoma precisely) at a time before. U too get mouth..... I've been laughing...... Lol. I was in Ekpoma for sometime and I laughed my way outa there. Nice people tho.......
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by TEYA: 6:58pm On Sep 05, 2017
thesicilian:
Haha. Don't mind them. Both the US and Nigerian authorities are deceiving themselves. We don't even have president not to talk of airline
when they go slaughtering you in south africa and india you complain, while its you that called your country a nation with no leader. you think say you dey do buhari you no know say na yourself you dey do. pikin wey go round town dey proclaim say na bastard he be, make e no expect say people go regard am as legitimate pikin.
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by cstr1000: 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
And someone said Nigeria is recovering from Recession.
Recovering from recession with what?
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by PDPGuy: 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
Andy2274:
Oga no Nigerian airline goes to US now o. Only Arik b4 but stopped since Feb or so. So when and how you get your news?

Air Peace has already applied to the US DOT for permission to fly the Lagos-Atlanta route, so this FAA directive applies to the airline as well.
Therefore Air Peace as 65 days to comply with FAA's security and technical standards before being permitted to fly into the US.

Category One certification encompasses airlines, airports, and the regulatory infrastructure of the Civil Aviation Authority. So far, MMIA and the NCAA are Category One certified, hence Delta Airlines direct flights from the US to Nigeria and vice versa.
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by okewumi: 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
Instead to act fast, they will keep quite. That was how United Airline gave ultimatum but they failed to act
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by nextstep(m): 7:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
trustedgreatpro:
Seems like a fake news...NG & US are in good terms politically

We may be good friends, but by not meeting adequate standards, we are compromising US security, and they don't like that.

Not just Nigerian airlines, but we will lose the ability to fly from Nigeria directly to US. Even US carriers may be barred from direct flights, as the issue is with the airports. This will take us back to the bad-old days of flying to Europe or other West African countries, disembarking, going through security again, before proceeding to another plane that is US-bound.

Maintenance is an ongoing process, not just pass once. This is something NCAA should take very seriously.

I will also add this to the pile of things PMB has failed at.

1 Like

Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by nextstep(m): 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
PDPGuy:

Air Peace has already applied to the US DOT for permission to fly the Lagos-Atlanta route, so this FAA directive applies to the airline as well.
Therefore Air Peace as 65 days to comply with FAA's security and technical standards before being permitted to fly into the US.

Category One certification encompasses airlines, airports, and the regulatory infrastructure of the Civil Aviation Authority. So far, MMIA and the NCAA are Category One certified, hence Delta Airlines direct flights from the US to Nigeria and vice versa.

Now that you mention it, I wonder if this is related - as in the US don't want to grant the permission as this cuts profits for US airlines, so they are raising this concern now - possibly due to lobbing by Delta.

Of course, it's no excuse if we're not meeting the standards and we have to sit up... but the thought just crossed my mind.
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by Frederick2017: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2017
This people funny. Abeg, which Nigerian airline dey fly to US? Abi na our Presidential Airline wey dey plan to Fly to US na em them indirectly ban? I think this message is for President Buari. grin
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by PDPGuy: 7:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
nextstep:

Now that you mention it, I wonder if this is related - as in the US don't want to grant the permission as this cuts profits for US airlines, so they are raising this concern now - possibly due to lobbing by Delta.

Of course, it's no excuse if we're not meeting the standards and we have to sit up... but the thought just crossed my mind.
The bolded is possible because big American businesses great lobbying influences over the US Congress, who in turn, conduct oversight over the executive agencies.
Anyway, we will see if Air Peace passes the audit and become Category 1 certified. Even if Air Peace doesn't gain that rating, the airline may wet-lease aircraft from an air services operator that is category 1 certified, and use the said aircraft for the US route.
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by Oloche22(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Zebudier:
Abeg who get power to dey read this kind long epistle for this era
. This is the reason why we don't grow as a nation. This piece is important and you are here calling it a long epistle... God help your soul.

1 Like

Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by babapressy(m): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2017
This is dam seriousssss!
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by Simonagbons(m): 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2017
pathetic,
Nigeria does not have any flight that goes to America. so what airlines are they planning to ban
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
Difference between bar and ban,
Please?
Re: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines by frankihima(m): 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2017
Captain6:
This is not a good news to Mr President. grin No more visiting trips to US.
u believe every news u see here because u don't have access to CNN ,BBC,and others. majority of nairaland news is fake .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer Falls On A Car In Kubwa, Abuja (Photos) / Types Of People You Meet In A Transit Bus(pics) / Nigerian Nightlife Enthusiasts Explore The Glenfiddich Distillery In Scotland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.