Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Hitv Used Ncc And Nbc To Raid Ctl Out Of Over Ambition - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Hitv Used Ncc And Nbc To Raid Ctl Out Of Over Ambition (1595 Views)

How To Watch Free To Air On Hitv Decoder / Ctl Rocks For Now / Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hitv Used Ncc And Nbc To Raid Ctl Out Of Over Ambition by mecussey(m): 3:35pm On Feb 24, 2010
I don't really understand what this country is up to; HITV, out of wickedness, greediness and over ambition, used NCC to raid CTL on Jan 27. NCC attacked all the 11 sites of CTL in Nigeria, damaged, and made away with costly equipment without court order. NCC, accused CTL of pirating the Barclay's Premier league. We all know that this right is exclusive to HITV, amongst all DTH (Direct to home broadcast) like DSTV, MYTV, DAARSAT and HITV e.t.c, but Cable operators. Cable TV operators do not have the privilege to bid for any right, they depend on these direct to home operators for there services. HITV couldn't have gotten this right, if they had not promised to share it with cable operators; since monopoly is not supported in this business. So, why refuse to share this right after all to cable operators which are willing to pay reasonable amount for it? This case has been in court for a while, and all effort made to get HITV appear before the court proved abortive. Evidence of men who are above the law; instead they went back and used NCC/NBC just to make sure they halt CTL transmission/business, isn't that wickedness? CTL and others has been in this business for more than 10 years before them, why do they want to push them out of the business physically? Who had ever asked where there source of money came from, would you believe that $120m was moved from Nigeria to Barclay's account? Do you think DSTV, which has been in this business since 1990 is stupid to have let them have the right? Where, and how the hell are they going to make this money or is the owner just looking for where to dump money. Nigeria is just about 140M in population, and about 100M is poor and cannot afford PAYTV. Now, divide 120M by 40M to see what each person must contribute in dollars, irrespective of expenses like satellite frequency and maintenance. I know w4 is for west africa, but I do not think any other African would want to watch HITV, content is poor so, what more? Need more detail, you may read yesterday Tuesday Feb, 23 Vanguard on Page 4. Nairaland what do you think about Nigeria and our cooperations like NBC and NCC?
Re: Hitv Used Ncc And Nbc To Raid Ctl Out Of Over Ambition by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
This is nonsense. $120m is about N18,000,000,000(billion).Where did toyin subair get such an amout dat can establish a bank? How would he recoup his capital? Nigerians sha
Re: Hitv Used Ncc And Nbc To Raid Ctl Out Of Over Ambition by maskuraid(m): 7:41am On Feb 25, 2010
d fact dat hitv raided ctl was based on ctl's rebroadcastin showtime/aljazeera material w/o authorisation, piracy is a criminal offence bro.wateva wrong hitv may have done cannot b corrected by ctl earnin money which they dd not sow.aljazeera/showtime is not meant for the naigerian market, its one thing to have a big dish and watch free @ home but its a whole difft matter to use such for commercial gain!!!!!!while hitv can labelled greedy, ctl was committin ROBBERY!!!!!!!!!! grin.wat hitv has done to them is small compared to wat they would have faced had aljazeera/showtime taken them up.stealin is stealin, those guys also spend money to acquire the rights and ctl never paid a dime to use them.NOBODY HOLY PASS, not even u bro,
Re: Hitv Used Ncc And Nbc To Raid Ctl Out Of Over Ambition by mecussey(m): 11:13am On Feb 25, 2010
Who told you CTL did not negotiate with Aljazeera and Showtime; then why didn't HITV tell Aljazeera or Showtime if the punishment would be bigger? My brother say what you know, you call CTL Thieves, and what is HITV, saints? If you read very well, what NCC said on paper is that they are pirating the EPL of HITV and not Aljazeera or Showtime. Let me say it once again, CTL is a cable operator like any other cable in the whole world, which depends on DTH (satellite) for there services. CTL could pay HITV and take Hi Soccer from there services as well, so what are you saying? This HITV won't resell this right to cable operators because, they want to achieve monopoly, is that what we want in Nigeria? Again, something you don't understand; e.g in Standford bridge, they only have one feed ( the Barclay's feed) TV operators now pay to get the feed. E.g Do you know Aljazeera is getting there own feed from Skysports and Sky from another and another to another till it gets to Standford bridge. Don't say because you know Nilesat and Aljazeera, therefore CTL is steeling their services. If CTL had the facilities, they can as well get the feed directly from Aljazeera without there logo and adverts.
Re: Hitv Used Ncc And Nbc To Raid Ctl Out Of Over Ambition by maskuraid(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2010
my brother,i don't eat from ctl or hitv's pot but d facts must be treated like they r.showtime/aljazeera cannot transmit epl in naija cos of copyright infringement.only HITV can transmit d epl in dis part of d continent.just as a cable company in SA cannot start re transmittin epl using hitv signals cos it will be an infringement.rules r rules, u cannot use anoda persons signals for commercial gain.
Re: Hitv Used Ncc And Nbc To Raid Ctl Out Of Over Ambition by mecussey(m): 7:21pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ Marskuraid,

You made sense, but let me ask you; don't you think Cable operators should re-transmit EPL by Hi Soccer, Hi sports or any Hi thing? If you say yes, then I want to tell you that Hitv have refused to negotiate and if you say No, how would a Cable operator survive in the market without Epl and Champions league in Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Actv / Nigcomsat, Nexttv Launch Satellite TV With 140 Channels / What Could Be Wrong With My Hitv Decoder?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.