Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? (18074 Views)

LIGHT Tv And Five New Channels Now Transmitting On Multi Tv frequency. / How To Watch Free To Air On Hitv Decoder / Fta Channels On W4/7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Bigtee(m): 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2007
Are There New Channels On HiTV Satellite (subscribers Please Update)?

Hi,
I 'm back on HiTV's case again. Well this time is just an info gathering exercise.

I subscribed to the Terrestrial Satellite facility (satellite) of HiTV.
Well so far these are the channel available and the current status as at today (22 September 2007 8:06pm)

Channels Status
1. Sky News OK
2. God TV OK
3. BBC Wprld OK
4. EuroSport News OK
5. Hi Sports Scrambled
6. Hi Soccer OK (looses signal occasionally though)
7. Hi Sports 2 OK (though no programming most of the time, except there are simultaneous matches showing)
8. Hi Nolly OK (but not 24 hours programming)
9. Hi kids OK (but not 24 hours programming)
10. Hi Life Scrambled
11. E! OK (looses signal occasionally though)
12. Nickelodeon OK

well so far this is what i get. The guys on cable system get 20-23 channels.
Please anyone on the satellite system should please update this topic as soon as new channels are added so that the rest of us can scan and get the channels to.

Thanks.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by EKENEA(m): 8:18am On Sep 23, 2007
the whole channel is a bunch of crab,don't just waste your cash go for dstv.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by ayusman16(m): 10:15am On Sep 23, 2007
hitv is for basically football lovers, do u experience breaking pic?
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by jibolala(m): 11:57am On Sep 24, 2007
Are u really sure u have all this channels? Sky news,Eurosport,Nickelodeon,E!,etc. As far as i'm concern,all these channels are not in existence!
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by duduspace(m): 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2007
@Bigtee

That is definitely the status of things at my end, and I do rescan my Decoder at least twice a day so I should be up to date.

Something just struck me however while going through the HITV website again, the premium Satellite channel is supposed to have only 15 channels including all sport's channels (I'm not sure if this was a later modification however since I don't recall noticing that originally)

If that is the case, the only channels still completely missing are MTV base, Hi-Mix and Nigezie; I don't understand why Hi-Sports is still scrambled, why E! losses the video stream or why Hi-Mix is not available yet since it is their own channel.

That would definitely be another advantage of the terrestrial package over the satellite package since it has more channels. I can understand why they would do this though (it costs much to lease KU satellite transponders as I've noticed HITV has only one while DSTV has between 4-6 on the Eutelsat W4 satellite)

@Jibolala

Bigtee is definitely right, just rescan your decoder (I got Nickelodeon for the first time on Friday Night when I scanned my decoder after getting home from work)
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by tboy81(m): 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2007
duduspace:

That would definitely be another advantage of the terrestrial package over the satellite package since it has more channels. I can understand why they would do this though (it costs much to lease KU satellite transponders as I've noticed HITV has only one while DSTV has between 4-6 on the Eutelsat W4 satellite)

If they really want to compete with DSTV especially outside Lagos, then they must be ready get more KU satellite transponders on lease as you said.

BTW - I'm not a satellite person, so i want to ask which one will be cheaper for them in the long run ; installng more repeater stations all across the nation for viewers outside lagos to view their terrestial cable channels or get more satellite transponders on lease?
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by ahf(m): 10:30am On Sep 25, 2007
The information, I got from them is that they are still working on the satellite channels. My guess is that it would take them a while to sort things out.

I am based in the Warri and do experience breaking picture frequently.

DSTV has been here for about 9 years, so HITV might be allowed more time, but they need to tell us and show us they are working on these things.

Customer patience is very short nowadays (ask the telecomms companies, pple switch at will)

They should sit up and rise to the occasion.

After all, we also want to brag PRODULY NIGERIAN, but only hard work and dedication would get HITV there.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Jaychuks(m): 10:54am On Sep 25, 2007
Good talk.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by EKENEA(m): 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2007
Good talk indeed, either they are ready to do biz or they should step aside for order people to do it until they are ready.and not to waste peoples time and money because is no pay as you go.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by duduspace(m): 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2007
tboy81:

BTW - I'm not a satellite person, so i want to ask which one will be cheaper for them in the long run ; installng more repeater stations all across the nation for viewers outside lagos to view their terrestial cable channels or get more satellite transponders on lease?

It would be extremely difficult if not near impossible for them to cover the entire nation via hypercable but it would be more reasonable for them to focus on high density areas such as lagos initially and do a gradual penetration while Satellite allows them cover the whole country at a higher Total cost of operation (TCO) though funny enough the initial cost for roll out on satellite might even be less than for hypercable but the advantage of hypercable is in the long term since they will not need to keep paying leasing charges.

You are very right, they will definitely need to get more satellite transponders leased in the long run if they are to compete favourably with DSTV outside Lagos. I beleive hypercable will be restricted to high density/high income areas like Lagos, ABJ, PHC e.t.c and the penetration will be gradual just like GSM (they might even co-locate on some existing GSM operator base stations)

@ahf

I don't think your picture should be breaking since we are getting our service from the same satellite, you might want to get you reseller come and calibrate your dish well. I repeat "My picture never breaks up on HITV even when it is raining cats and dogs" and I stay in Osogbo, Osun State presently. It is possible you might be experiencing some obstruction (Is there any tall building or obstacle near you location?)
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by ahf(m): 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2007
Maybe Topography is an issue in respect of this.

Would request for a recalibration after comparing with other viewers in Warri.

Thanks for the advice
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by medube(m): 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2007
@Bigtee

Thats basically what I have as well. I only use HiTV to watch football or when I need to put a cartoon for my daughter in the room (Hi-kids or Nickelodeon), while I watch a movie or BBA2 on DSTV in the sitting room. We have all had our share of experiences with them, ones which I never experienced from DSTV even when I was on their cable setup in PH years back, but still, I am ready to give them my support, if they are ready to improve.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2007
HI big tee, i use hitv too
but i only get 11 channels
apart from nickeledon,
how do i get it
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by tboy81(m): 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2007
Just re-scan for new channels on your decoder.

Nicklelodeon was added last week.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by obitobe: 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2007
men i just subscribed to hitv and exactly what the first poster is getting  thats what am getting.that mean you are on digital and not on analogy right.Imagine no MTVBase and any music station.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Bigtee(m): 5:43am On Sep 28, 2007
Update!!!
From Yesterday (27/09/2007), the following channels are avaiable:
Primetime TV
Nigizie
Hi soccer
Hi soccer
Hi sport2

However, Hi Nolly and Hi Kids were removed.
HOWEVER i'm sure they are working on it.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by ayusman16(m): 11:57am On Sep 28, 2007
stupid channels angry and their picture cracks like mad, dont think they know wat they r doing
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by jibolala(m): 12:04pm On Sep 28, 2007
duduspace:

@Jibolala

Bigtee is definitely right, just rescan your decoder (I got Nickelodeon for the first time on Friday Night when I scanned my decoder after getting home from work)

Please can you help me out on how to scan? I tried to scan but the system was asking me for a 'PIN Code'.I was'nt sure since i don't want to mess up everything.Thanks
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by medube(m): 1:04pm On Sep 28, 2007
@jibolala, the pin code is 0000
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by niyi09(m): 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2007
Insert Quote
Update!!!
Primetime TV
Nigizie
Hi soccer
Hi soccer
Hi sport2
HAVE THEY ADDED THIS CHANNELS TO TEIR SATELLITE.BECAUSE I AM ON SATELLITE AND I HAVE NOT SEEN:Primetime TV,Nigizie
,HISPORT2
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by medube(m): 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2007
niyi09:

Insert Quote
Update!!!
Primetime TV
Nigizie
Hi soccer
Hi soccer
Hi sport2
HAVE THEY ADDED THIS CHANNELS TO TEIR SATELLITE.BECAUSE I AM ON SATELLITE AND I HAVE NOT SEEN:Primetime TV,Nigizie
,HISPORT2

Have you scanned for them? I will do so when I get home and update here. Remember their technology is not like DSTV which auto-updates channels as released.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by tboy81(m): 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2007
I'm also on their satellite and i saw Nigezie and PrimeTV yesterday nite.

Also, I hardly experience picture cracks these days on the satellite package. Could the picture crack be a terrestial cable problem or dish installation thing?

In fact most of the hitv channels i get have 98% signal quality.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by medube(m): 7:49pm On Sep 28, 2007
I just did a scan and the only new channel I saw was MBC 2 ART Movies 2, but remains blankand say scrambled channel. Do you guys still have the Nigezie and PrimeTV on? Perhaps I have to do an automatic scan because I usually scan on frequence 11900 only?
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by codedguy1(m): 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2007
Yes, i also saw nigezie and primetime tv but now they are gone, i also saw ART MOVIES but its blank. i believe they are actually working towards getting those channels on, the fact that it has even surfaced shows that they would be added,soon i hope.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by dekin(m): 11:27am On Oct 01, 2007
i feeel like strangling the owners of hitv for thier deception. i mean they keep advertising that they have more than 20 channels and all i get is 11 channels (minus the nickolledeon). they pictures keep breaking every now and then and im forced to switch it off and on. kinda like a reboot. who has an EFFC telephone no? im definetly going to report thier ass for decieving the masses with thier fake channels
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by urfriend(m): 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2007
see,hitv will soon add more channels,i.e hi mix,nigezie,mtvbase.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by medube(m): 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2007
urfriend:

see,hitv will soon add more channels,i.e hi mix,nigezie,mtvbase.

When and are you making this claim based on fact or assumption?
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by duduspace(m): 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2007
Seems like they briefly tested Primetime TV and Nigezie last week I really hope they add them to the bouquet soon, They are obviously close to adding ART Movies 2 (though I wonder if it is worth watchin since the adverts and prior info I have seems to suggest the channel will only show Arabic movies though Im sure our muslim brethren will like it)

@dekin
They definitely have more than 11 channels (you might try rescanning every now and then to keep up to date since their over the air (OTA) updates are not working yet) and their pictures definitely do not break up every now and then or at least not as bad as you put it (you might want to check out if your dish is properly aligned to the satellite)

@Medube
I think for now they are restricted to the 11900 with Horizontal polarization frequency Transponder alone though they may add additional transponders later without informing anyone.

I really look forward to when they will start their Over the air update feature.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by niyi09(m): 11:33am On Oct 04, 2007
i dont know when hitv will get down to serious business of providing quality service,i am tired of their failed promises.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by niyi09(m): 11:43am On Oct 04, 2007
i dont know when hitv will get down to serious business of providing quality service,i am tired of their failed promises.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by EKENEA(m): 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2007
You can all listen to yourselves, I will continue tell people about this Nigeria so call satellite TVs, eg check out fstv,trend etc where are they now, we have to put the right people to run the system but they only think of how to make big profit. you first make your marks before the so call profit.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by niyi09(m): 2:16pm On Oct 04, 2007
Bonanza as HiTV offers free airtime to subscribers 4/10/2007

In an unprecedented move, HiTV, Nigerian owned pay television station, has announced the month of October as free subscription for all existing subscribers. .
The gesture, according to the Entertainment Highway Limited, is in appreciation to its teeming customers for remaining loyal to the brand despite teething challenges.

In a statement issued in Lagos, the station, which commenced operations in February this year, said it was not unaware of the difficulties subscribers have been passing through since broadcasting of the English Premier League began last month.

Noting that several measures have been taken to redress the situation, the company said: "We are not making excuses for the lapses experienced because we are under an obligation to apply ourselves consistently and tirelessly to ensure quality services even as a start-up".

It, however, took note of a few salient factors that the subscribers should be informed about especially as the company has a policy of carrying all stakeholders along by updating them on developments and steps taken.

Among these include the freezing of satellite signals during the transmission of matches, which is as a result of technical issues emanating from the satellite service providers overseas, denial of access, which may be due to expiration of subscription fee or wrong installation of dishes, and the fact that the station cannot extend its cable service outside Lagos based on the license from the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC).

The hooking to satellite since August, the company noted, has made its signals available to viewers throughout the country, while the cable service, which is currently in operation in Lagos only with 17 channels, continues to grow.

Also the shortage of decoders that was experienced at launch due to high demand by subscribers has been addressed with the importation of over 100,000 decoders, just as the distribution chain has been reinvigorated to ensure smooth and prompt deliveries to all parts of the country.

On content, the company noted that the broadcasting of CNN would be discontinued at the end of September due to the malicious activities of a hostile competitor, though it has been replaced with other dedicated news channels as BBC, Sky News, and CNBC Africa.

Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of HITV, Mr. Toyin Subair, who reiterated the company’s determination to be consumer-sensitive, added that more content in such areas as movies, news and music, which would be unveiled soon.

Subair said the immensely popular Hi Nolly, which showcases the best of Nigerian entertainment including movies, series and documentaries, has been refreshed with the addition of opera and drama, apart from more religious channels, including Love World. More local content is being developed.

Besides ensuring that there are no more breaks in transmission, he said the launch of the station’s satellite means that it signals can be received throughout the country without hitch.

Therefore, lovers of football especially the English Premiership can watch their favourite teams and stars in a more relaxed atmosphere, even with two additional channels to ensure all the eight matches to be played every week are transmitted live.

Followers of the Spanish La Liga and Italian Serie A are not left out as the matches are taken on schedule.

From different parts of the country, including Calabar, Enugu, Benin, and Kaduna, among others, subscribers have confirmed receiving clear signals on HiTV even as Subair gave assurances that "we have our eyes, ears and minds open to respond to your (customers’) suggestions while exploring further opportunities to raise the stakes".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

All About Strong Srt 4329 And 432: S / IROKOtv Signs Netflix Partnership Deal / How To Use Redcam And How Redcam Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.