Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,434 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th (4667 Views)

Nigeria Improves In FIFA World Ranking Without Going To 2015 AFCON / Latest FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Retains 42nd Position. / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Badman888(m): 1:41pm On Feb 14, 2007
Nigeria have droped 27 places in the New FIFA world ranking, that is really terrible. I am sure after the game against Ghana showed our true colours and the 9th place was probably a fluke

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/6361109.stm
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by LoverBwoy(m): 2:19pm On Feb 14, 2007
Abomination shocked

na wa o
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by bolaoni(m): 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2007
isn't that where we belong? cool

how did we get the last standing sef? still wondering oooo tongue
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2007
Well that's what happens when you don't play many friendlies, and you lose to nations like Ghana
I think they just factored in the World Cup now, because Italy is number 1 in the world, na wa oh shocked
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by GNature(m): 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2007
Una wann kill me with depression . I am yet to get over the Ghana match, now this
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:35pm On Feb 14, 2007
You know its a fraud when Mali is ranked higher than Nigeria
Nigeria went down -554 points shocked shocked
[url]http://fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,All-Feb-2007,00.html[/url]
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by kitaun(m): 5:21pm On Feb 14, 2007
Is it not a known fact that the FIFA people are a bunch of retards?? angry undecided

How many points did Germany drop cos they were drubbed by the same 4-1 margin by the Italians, same as which we got drubbed at the hands of the Ghananians?

9th - 36th? shocked[b] GO TELL THAT TO THE DOGS[/b] cool

ABSOLUTE CRAP
angry angry
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by lalaboi(m): 12:23am On Feb 15, 2007
SIMPLE LOGIC!!!

dnt play friendly and u wunt loose points. lol
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Nobody: 3:29am On Feb 15, 2007
The greater scandal is how we even got up to 9th in the first place. no world cup, no friendlies and FIFA classed us as the number 1 team in Africa? Highly scandalous!
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by chidichris(m): 6:59am On Feb 15, 2007
if we must talk fraud here, the first like david mentioned was the ninth and tenth position that we have occupied in the past.
well, eguavon has finally put us to where we belong.
if time is not taken, 2 face Idibia will be our next indeginious coach.
funny nigeria with the quality of players we have any of us here in nairaland can take them to beat 2 ghana teams combined but this man(eguavon is always interested in fighting on the papers with players.
he has finished with yakubu now is obafemi.
if he must be a coach, let them send him to coach the female basket ball team.
he lack all technicallities of a present day coach and all blames goes to the brain that thaught of choosing him among the assumed 140 million people in nigeria
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Razorr(f): 8:41am On Feb 15, 2007
Hee hee hee hee hee. . .

As much as I admit that those guys in Fifa are drunk, I also have to admit that this is a very good omen for Nigeria. It is part of the rush of ice cold water that is being poured on our sleepy eyes, as a wake up call.

It's a national disgrace, and I believe that even those our corrupt leaders in power would take a cue from this and begin to clean up our act.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by lalaboi(m): 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2007
the reason we were in 9th position is cos we dint play friendlies. with dat no point is gained and no point is lost. playing friendlies can either increase ur points(win) or decrease it(lose).
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by rikkyjen(m): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2007
kitaun:

Is it not a known fact that the FIFA people are a bunch of retards?? angry undecided

How many points did Germany drop because they were drubbed by the same 4-1 margin by the Italians, same as which we got drubbed at the hands of the Ghananians?

9th - 36th? shocked[b] GO TELL THAT TO THE DOGS[/b] cool

ABSOLUTE CRAP
angry angry

Kit, u dissapoint me oo smiley

FIFA is 100%right!.We got to the 9th position via 'em ANC wins, Lesotho and Niger stuff.ofcos FIFA devalued us with the Romanian, CIV and ghana Losses and lack of activity during the FIFA free window for friendlies!. Someone said, we shouldnt play friendlies at all, well even if we dont play we would still drop.The fact was that,we shyed from friendlies hence the big drop or Do Y'all want FIFA to be ranking us based on the Niger and lesotho wins every month.

When other countries were playing friendlies, we were massaging our ego's as the 9th and 10th best in the world.

Prior to the world cup,Ghana was in the 50's in the ranking,after the world cup,check 'em out.the answer is that they ve been playing friendlies:Japan,Korea,Naija, and even Austria is the next!

Abeg, FIFA has kept us where we belong!.
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Akolawole(m): 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2007
Thanks Rikkyjen.

As i always tell you, we need you [b]here [/b]not those Sections wey you dey go so.
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by jgirl3: 11:31pm On Feb 15, 2007
Nigeria needs a transformation. Soon Senegal and Togo will soon catch up. I'm even wondering why they did not go lower in the table. Hisssssssssssssssss.
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by mukina2: 11:34pm On Feb 15, 2007
well deserved position .
i wish it would have been 60th
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 15, 2007
j-girl:

Nigeria needs a transformation. Soon Senegal and Togo will soon catch up. I'm even wondering why they did not go lower in the table. Hisssssssssssssssss.

Soon ke? Senegal will thrash us on current form. If adebayor's arsenal form is anything to go by then Togo is sure to whip us very soon!

mukina2:

well deserved position .
i wish it would have been 60th

yeah 60th would be closer to our true position. cant agree more
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by rikkyjen(m): 12:03am On Feb 16, 2007
Akolawole:

Thanks Rikkyjen.

As i always tell you, we need you [b]here [/b]not those Sections wey you dey go so.

Akola baba, which sections i dey go? wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by dblock(m): 12:11pm On Feb 16, 2007
If naija haden't played that friendly we'd still be in the top 15
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Razorr(f): 12:27pm On Feb 16, 2007
Hey! Hey! Hey!

Geez. . .  Guys relax!

Don't you guys think we should be celebrating?  grin    grin

We are very lucky we only came down to 36. After that serious ass whooping from Ghana, I was expecting much worse.
(More like the 50th position. . . hee hee hee) 

grin   grin   grin   grin   grin   grin   grin
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by kitaun(m): 9:46pm On Feb 16, 2007
@Rikkyjen and Akola,

So Ghana having drubbed us silly, how many positions up the ladder did they move?

U guys need to check out the ineptitude of the FIFA GUYS, like someone said how many positions did we lose when we were not playing friendlies?

Na wa o
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by rikkyjen(m): 12:43am On Feb 17, 2007
kitaun:

@Rikkyjen and Akola,

So Ghana having drubbed us silly, how many positions up the ladder did they move?

U guys need to check out the ineptitude of the FIFA GUYS, like someone said how many positions did we lose when we were not playing friendlies?

Na wa o

Kitaun, the fact is that this new FIFA method of ranking is very crappy. check it out:

Results within the last year are weighted at 100%
Results from over a year ago are weighted at 50%
Results from over 2 years ago are weighted at 30%
Results from over 3 years ago are weighted at 20%
Results from over 4 years ago does not count!

So even with our inactivity,we may have free-fallen more than this,so dont praise our footie inactivity. Next time, we dont shy away from friendlies or pull out at the last minute. Also do you know we also lose points and gain points depending on the team we play? if we had played maybe Italy or the Argies prolly we would have been in the ranks of 'em Fiji island, Marshall islands and burundi cheesy
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Akolawole(m): 10:46am On Feb 17, 2007
@Kitaun

How do Nigeria rose to 5th position prior to USA '94.

The simple truth is those 5 matches in Tunisia '94.
Abi no be so?
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by deejay1(m): 4:26pm On Feb 17, 2007
ooo dear i almost cried wen i read it last week i felt reli disappointed but 2 be honest the nigerian team as bein playin reli bad and d defeat 2 ghana was reli ridiculus just waste money 2 watch and travel dat nite but we have just hired a new coach now maybe we shuld wait and see wat he can do whether the super eagle can get sometin out of the matches dat we will play this year
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by brushparke(m): 7:42pm On Feb 17, 2007
A very appropriate ranking if i may say. embarassed
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Ugwumba(m): 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2007
very well undeserved
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by superman(m): 10:08pm On Feb 17, 2007
SUPEREAGLES IS SILLT  SUPER AND KISS IT THIS IF U LIKE THEY ARE STILL THE BEST IN AFRICA!

now remember who say so! dnt know what to say because people on this one show they dnt really understand the game of football!

nigeria 36 ! what a joke! oh dare, dare! scandalous

now how come wnen england beat germany 5-1 ; germany dnt take a sharp tumble!

mennnn which kind nigeria de in here , na waoo

like ghana man on tv say hey as for una get 140 million and we still beat una it show we are better! humm clever human beings very clever just like some of yall in here sound! fake nigerians !

yeye!
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by dblock(m): 5:52am On Feb 18, 2007
The ranking is questionable at best. 36th is unreflective of the team's stength, potential, capability and place in World Football. But no problems sha, we'll work our way back up wink
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by kitaun(m): 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2007
Akolawole:

@Kitaun

How do Nigeria rose to 5th position prior to USA '94.

The simple truth is those 5 matches in Tunisia '94.
Abi no be so?

@AKOLA,

Exactly my point!! how could we just be elevated to that position just like that way back then, it tells you that they have always been inept with their rankings, methinks its must times shambolic sef, 5 matches in the CAN '94 and we end up as one of best 5 in the world?

Is that to justify our former 11th position placing cos we won minnows like Lesotho and Niger? HELL NO

Now all of a sudden we get defecated upon, ranked amongst minnows cos we lose a match to Ghana? BOLLOCKS

Cant we just reconcile ourselves with the fact that we never have fizzled out in reckoning when it concerns AFRICA, at least in the past couple of decades!!

What happened to Ghana in the days of Tony Yeboah and Abedi Pele? where the Ghananians able to manage their little success?

Even with all admin problems we have had we as a country have been able to keep our heads up in the comity of African nations

So how many points did Brazil drop cos they got whooped by Portugal 2-0?

Stop defending FIFA,

I REPEAT THEY ARE A BUNCH OF RETARDS grin grin

9TH - 36TH?? shocked shocked SIMPLY OUTRAGEOUS

SO IF YOUR PIKIN WEY DEY ALWAYS COME 1ST FOR CLASS COME LAST FOR 1 TEST AND IT AFFECTS THE TERM PERFORMANCE OF THE PIKIN, THE TEACHER NOW SAYS IN HIS REPORT CARD ''YOUR CHILD IS JUST AVERAGE", U NO GO LOOK SAY THE TEACHER HEAD NO CORRECT?? grin grin
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by osegwu(m): 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2007
The best position for Nigeria is the 47th.

Well deserved and well merrited.

Still me
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by tblack(m): 7:12pm On Feb 18, 2007
It fits the NFA for improper management. embarassed
They should stop blaming OBAFEMI MARTINS because he is my man.
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by superman(m): 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2007
osegwu

The best position for Nigeria is the 47th.

Well deserved and well merrited.

Still me

remember ur words!

when the time comes dnt trurn around from chelsae FC supporter to arsl FC

still SUPERMAN

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beat My Soccer Prediction / Please Anyone Understand This Betting Option? ? / 2021 Volleyball Nations Cup: Nigeria Women Humiliates Senegal 3 - 0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.