Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,258 members, 7,829,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Dont Expect Salary For August - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dont Expect Salary For August (2535 Views)

What's The Salary For Non-medical HND Graduate At A University Teaching Hospital / Salary For Arik Air Workers / What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Expect Salary For August by GeoSpatial(m): 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
I came back from work this evening depressed and am yet to get over it.
After series of job interviews and seminars as a fresh graduate, I joined this school not long ago just to have something to support myself after my service pending the time God will pick my call with better job. At the beginning, the management told me that they don't pay much but they don't owe salary, though sad but I was glad to hear the latter, though aside the salary there is no other package for staff welfare, if you get sick, you are on your own but notwithstanding, I was coping until few month ago when the management began to misbehaving to staff, sometimes, they pay salary of outgone month in the middle or towards the end of another months with no form of justification or apology. Several staff were sacked for asking for their pay as at when due and yet no replacement was made for their subject, the rest of us were given their work load to add to ours without any complains. At the end of last term, seven teachers were sacked with no reason, the rest of us were told that there won't be holiday for us except we are not ready to collect August salary and we gladly accept since we don't have any alternative yet. Personally, I am talented teacher who doesn't like complaining even when it's not convenient and I love to give my best because I know that whatever lives I imparted positively today will remember me tomorrow for good, so I deliver to the best of my ability to the school. For about two weeks now, I have been borrowing transportation fare to go to work with the hope that by the end of the month, I will pay back. August ended and there was no break light from the management, I thought its as usual but only for the management to tell us today that we should not expect any salary for the month of August just concluded and any staff that can't bear with them should leave, for about an hour, I was lost in thought on how to survive till we resume. As much as I loved to stay for a while, am just tired with the way staff are being treated and is making my zeal and interest in teaching to dwindled by day. I don't want to say that the government has failed the able bodied of this nation but this is not the Nigeria of my dream.
Am a graduate of Geography residing in Oyo State, if you can be use by God for me in securing Job anywhere in Nigeria, I will forever be grateful.

If you have a similar story in the hands of private school owners, kindly share.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by Zinny25(f): 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hmmmmm... My dear that's private schools for you oooo. God will help us
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2017
Op please space your post na

mynd44
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by skyplustk(f): 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2017
That is how they behave, u will work and they wont say on time am even tired of where i am too
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 06, 2017
Lol. Na so private School be o.... Work like an elephant
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 06, 2017
cry

Slavery still exists...

Would've loved to hunt them down like jackals but then September pay will enter voicemail too. I suggest u leave there asap. You sound like an optimist. Just know that your breakthrough is around the corner...might take a lil while, but you ain't gonna die fam.

Be strong.

3 Likes

Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by swagguElite(m): 5:27am On Sep 07, 2017
This ain't the time to look sad n sound molested! ... As an employee of a registered entity yuar entitled to your right of wages after having worked your bones offshore your skin in your job as employed to do so!

Take a look at your colleagues who complained! ..they got sacked ...why! ...because they were stupid enough not to engage a lawyer!

Under the Nigerian Labour Act ...every employer owes his employee a duty to pay his wages! ... The faster you take this matter to court the better for you! ...coz you should kno Equity aids the vigilant and not the indolent! ..the longer you wait the farther you lay your bedspread in sleeping on your rights!

get a lawyer _I understand when people say "get a lawyer" ...yu woud think it is an expensive choice but not all lawyers charge their client! ...they Are cases called pro bono cases!

You just have to have a good story! ...your lawyer would understand the difficulties yuar facing monetarily n would work the sh!t out your boss's ass by the time he lands himself in the confines of the court due to his bonafide senselessness!

How would he hold your salary n threaten you at the same time! ...he has No sympathy at all! ...n no sympathy does he deserves! _ angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by GeoSpatial(m): 7:27am On Sep 07, 2017
swagguElite:
This ain't the time to look sad n sound molested! ... As an employee of a registered entity yuar entitled to your right of wages after having worked your bones offshore your skin in your job as employed to do so!

Take a look at your colleagues who complained! ..they got sacked ...why! ...because they were stupid enough not to engage a lawyer!

Under the Nigerian Labour Act ...every employer owes his employee a duty to pay his wages! ... The faster you take this matter to court the better for you! ...coz you should kno Equity aids the vigilant and not the indolent! ..the longer you wait the farther you lay your bedspread in sleeping on your rights!

get a lawyer _I understand when people say "get a lawyer" ...yu woud think it is an expensive choice but not all lawyers charge their client! ...they Are cases called pro bono cases!

You just have to have a good story! ...your lawyer would understand the difficulties yuar facing monetarily n would work the sh!t out your boss's ass by the time he lands himself in the confines of the court due to his bonafide senselessness!

How would he hold your salary n threaten you at the same time! ...he has No sympathy at all! ...n no sympathy does he deserves! _ angry

Thanks for you suggestions, I understand your stand but equally understand that that means am loosing that job when I don't another one yet.
I spoke with a friend, also a teacher but in another, who explained why private schools does that to their employees especially during third term break. They know that they are not being fair enough to their staff and if they pay them on time, many of them may consider leaving to another school perhaps but with the consciousness that they are owing you, will make one prefer to stay and collect his money first and by then, schools will have resume and the chance of getting another place become slimmer hence, they have succeeded in holding a bit more longer.
what a wicked world
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by GeoSpatial(m): 7:28am On Sep 07, 2017
siakhris:
cry

Slavery still exists...

Would've loved to hunt them down like jackals but then September pay will enter voicemail too. I suggest u leave there asap. You sound like an optimist. Just know that your breakthrough is around the corner...might take a lil while, but you ain't gonna die fam.

Be strong.

I appreciate
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by GeoSpatial(m): 7:32am On Sep 07, 2017
OrestesDante:
Lol. Na so private School be o.... Work like an elephant

My brother!
I teaches Geography. (SS 1-3)
Civic Education Js1-3, SS1-3
Social Studies. Js1-3
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by GeoSpatial(m): 7:34am On Sep 07, 2017
siakhris:
cry

Slavery still exists...

Be strong.

I strongly trust God for breakthrough o
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by THUNDAR(m): 8:02am On Sep 07, 2017
Teaching in private school is something else!

I have not received a dine since July till date!
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2017
GeoSpatial:

My brother!
Social Studies. Js1-3

Aaaaah!!!!! Guy run away oooooo.... 12classes. Lesson notes... Bla Bla....

Just leave o guy....... There are schools around. Vacancy in teaching can never finish. Just leave. Na wa o
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 07, 2017
THUNDAR:
Teaching in private school is something else!

I have not received a dine since July till date!

Na wa oo..... July?
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by lereinter(m): 8:55am On Sep 07, 2017
GeoSpatial:

Thanks for you suggestions, I understand your stand but equally understand that that means am loosing that job when I don't another one yet.
I spoke with a friend, also a teacher but in another, who explained why private schools does that to their employees especially during third term break. They know that they are not being fair enough to their staff and if they pay them on time, many of them may consider leaving to another school perhaps but with the consciousness that they are owing you, will make one prefer to stay and collect his money first and by then, schools will have resume and the chance of getting another place become slimmer hence, they have succeeded in holding a bit more longer.
what a wicked world

sorry but you are a very funny man
with all this inhumane treatment u stil not ready to leave

is it that hard to find another private sch in your area

dont you u gain one and lose another

stand your feet collect your august salary and leave even if it needs inviting the police
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by chinaPay(m): 9:27am On Sep 07, 2017
Hope you applied for N-Power Teach?

What future do you see in that place of work?

Brother, i will advice you equip yourself with more skills so as to be self-employed
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by abbaapple: 9:35am On Sep 07, 2017
GeoSpatial:

My brother!
Social Studies. Js1-3

shocked

Slavery of the highest oder!
grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
cheesy grin
grin
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by chinaPay(m): 9:39am On Sep 07, 2017
==>Get a good laptop
==>Buy a nice webcam
==>Get an empty classroom or arrange your room to look like an office.
=>Get an White Board/marker pen
==Visit the nearest electrical shop & buy nice lighting.

Sit at home & do video tutorials, package them.

Start a free WAEC/JAMB lessons (u can charge N500 or N1,000 per student) then also make it mandatory that they must buy you CDs (N500).

Create a youtube account and upload some of your tutorials (make sure you advertise yourself on the video)

IF YOU DO THESE THINGS, I BET YOU 2YEARS TIME you go be big boy.

Before that time, better school go hire you to pay you better cash like N80k, N100k, etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:47am On Sep 07, 2017
swagguElite:

Supported.
You have nothing to lose
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 07, 2017
This is rubbish. Leave it

Lalasticlala; Mynd44
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by THUNDAR(m): 10:35am On Sep 07, 2017
OrestesDante:

Na wa oo..... July?

Walahi
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by GeoSpatial(m): 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
[quote author=chinaPay post=60213519]Hope you applied for N-Power Teach?

What future do you see in that place of work?

Brother, i will advice you equip yourself with more skills so as to be self-employed

Yeah, I register for N-power teach
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2017
these days private school sucks like hell, imagine the one my friend works after closing by 3:30pm they pray for 1 hour everyday before going home even during d summer school now there is a new policy of no phone call during school hours

My brother apply in many schools as possible don't let people finish your talent for nothing they won't even know ur value or appreciate u
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by muller101(m): 12:50pm On Sep 07, 2017
That's a slavery job.
Re: Dont Expect Salary For August by benzion72(m): 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
swagguElite:

how long does it take

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies For Service and Customer Support Engineers & Chemists / Job Vaccancies For Account Officers & Internal Auditors (manufacturing Sector) / Beware "ndlea Not Recruiting"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.