Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task (29970 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! / "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by talk2riel: 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
Bigsteveg:

I don't think that's the case, he has the support of the MD before starting the task, sacking him a week after involves the MD himself. And am sure as the MD, he won't want to sack his best staff because someone said so or someone is annoyed. There must have being something the guy did.
I don't think the MD is aware by the way he was hurriedly sacked and shielded from the premises.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Tamakay(m): 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
LoudNdclear:
That is God speaking...... God is telling him to start his own company, sometimes when God want us to grow he makes us uncomfortable.

I totally agree with you dear. What u said is happening in my place of work right now. I was transfered from my juicy office(in d eyes of men) to another demeaning office(in d eyes of men too) but little did I know GOD was at work. This morning I came to work and saw a long list of retrenchment and those in that my former juicy office were most affected. When I worked in to check on my former office colleague, they were so happy to see me and one even carried me shoulder high and thanking God for removing me from there. God is really at work
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Akwaudene87(m): 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2017
Is there anyone here who will remind me what the first law of power says ? That's just what happened
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Ugosample(m): 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
talk2riel:
All the people saying the guy did something shoddy to get the certificate, don't you think someone higher than him has being deliberately sabotaging the registration and guyman has become a threat to him?

This could be true tho
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Ugosample(m): 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
atitipoyoyo:

Honestly, people typing these things have never worked before not to talk of working with the whites. My elder brother works for an organistation where they also have whites. We blacks are wicked and that was the reason slave trade was successful. We pull ourselves down. I can relate to this post. In a company where u have whites and of course it is only very top management that have access to the md. When people see that the a white md knows you as a junior person. You become their enemy.
If my brother's md was not smart the same fate would have befallen my elder bro. The md is an American but has stayed in africa for long he knows what we are capable of doing.

That's true

Black men are wicked ti each other
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by luminouz(m): 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
emmabest2000:

Na wuluwulu nao ...
I don't wanna imagine what will happen if these ones FART
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by luminouz(m): 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ziinno:
I would fire him too if I were his superior. If left unchecked, he could have my Job someday. Go outshine someone else, some place else. Lol.
undecided undecided
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
pimper24:
A friend of mine was fired this morning after carrying out a duty that ordinary would attract commendation. The company desperately needed a certain registration from a regulatory body which process has lingered long before now and has cost the company so much money without reasonable progress even before he was employed.

He told the MD (AMERICAN) that it could be done if given the opportunity. He was given a go ahead. In less than one week he brought the certificate from the regulatory body.

He was commended and promoted. This is the second week after the promotion.

He saw a termination letter on his table with undisclosed reason. Access to all network and email was blocked. In fact security men were waiting to ease him out. He was given just 30mins to tack his personal items shocked shocked
tell yhur friend,that if he has such knowledge/skillset,he should start his own company, not be working for one., the universe just did him a favor, wakeup call.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by geunik(m): 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
48 laws of power playing out here
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by nairanaira12: 3:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
LoudNdclear:
That is God speaking...... God is telling him to start his own company, sometimes when God want us to grow he makes us uncomfortable.

Don't act like a dumb idiot dumping everything on God's lap. Are you sure the guy didn't bribe his wayto get that certificate? And the God you serve Now supports bribery and corruption, right? Some people and their upside down understanding of God sha.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by ikbnice(m): 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2017
AreaFada2:

Logical thinker.

Somebody powerful (or several) stood to gain from the delay in getting the registration through. They had probably opened a "workshop" on top the never ending process. Then one young upstart "busybody" just came from nowhere and poured san san for their garri. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Corruption just fought back mercilessly.

Assuming the guy did the registration legit, then he needs not fear for the future. He's got the determination & tenacity to get things done. The Sky is no limit for him.
the guy obviously didn't understand the difference between working hard and working smart.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by lastclaire4(f): 9:03pm On Sep 08, 2017
Akwaudene87:
Is there anyone here who will remind me what the first law of power says ? That's just what happened
My dear live life in moderation and not according to some written books with meaning running deeper than you think. People often interprete this wrongly. If you were employed because of your masters's short coming. Like making mistakes all the time. Are u saying you should also join the band of mistakes Cos u don't want to outshine your master? That will just amount to foolishness cos u were employed to cover up for the mistakes.
That particular law is just saying u should respect those in authority and be humble and I don't see where this relates to the story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by MrSly(m): 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
pimper24:
A friend of mine was fired this morning after carrying out a duty that ordinary would attract commendation. The company desperately needed a certain registration from a regulatory body which process has lingered long before now and has cost the company so much money without reasonable progress even before he was employed.

He told the MD (AMERICAN) that it could be done if given the opportunity. He was given a go ahead. In less than one week he brought the certificate from the regulatory body.

He was commended and promoted. This is the second week after the promotion.

He saw a termination letter on his table with undisclosed reason. Access to all network and email was blocked. In fact security men were waiting to ease him out. He was given just 30mins to tack his personal items shocked shocked
NEVER OUTSHINE THE MASTER. the first of all 48 laws of power. He should have known that earlier.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by SeyiIrawoDidan: 10:40pm On Sep 09, 2017
femi4:
Seems your friend's integrity is questionable. I guess he got the certificate via dubious means
if that were the case, the reason would have been disclosed.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by femi4: 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2017
SeyiIrawoDidan:
if that were the case, the reason would have been disclosed.
not all the time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / Tell Us About Your Experience As A Contract Staff Member (Outsourcing) / Choosing Between Fg Job And Coca-cola Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.