Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

How Much Will It Cost To Start Up A Small Branding And Printing Company - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Much Will It Cost To Start Up A Small Branding And Printing Company (1621 Views)

For Your Logo And Printing we're available for as low as 2k Promo!!! / For Your Logo And Printing Wascomkoncepts Prints Is Available / if you need a professional logo,graphic designs and printing at low cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Will It Cost To Start Up A Small Branding And Printing Company by longlong: 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2017
Hay fam. I really need help here. I want to go into branding and printing on a small scale. I would like to start up small then grow as time goes,but I really don't know what I actually need and how much it will cost me.

So please if you are into it or know more about it you could help me here.

I stay in the north and we don't have a lot of it here
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up A Small Branding And Printing Company by donkossy(m): 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2017
lala
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up A Small Branding And Printing Company by longlong: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
cc: lalasticlala abeg help your boy
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up A Small Branding And Printing Company by frankmoney(m): 11:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
Would like to know too
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up A Small Branding And Printing Company by Acidosis(m): 7:32am On Sep 09, 2017
Majority of those parading themselves as professional brand and print experts do not have any printer anywhere. They only act as brokers , take orders, and thereafter search for an available graphic artist and the nearest printing shop to do the work. You can decide to act as a broker, it's legal.

I don't know any other method of running a branding and a printing business on a small scale. Some of those powerful and sophisticated laser printers cost millions of naira and they're powered with big generators.

To do branding on a small budget, you must be vast in graphic design, so your skill is ultimate. Money, to the best of my understanding, is actually secondary as you'd be paid upfront on most of your jobs. If you can't run a big printing shop, at least, get yourself the necessary skill, experience (portfolio), and a website to showcase your work to the world.

While some of us are very much aware that having the best website and a strong portfolio doesn't mean you own a single printer, we'll still patronise you if you're able to convince us with your previous works/designs.

However, if you decide to go into a full scale printing business, find your niche: business card printing, t-shirt branding, banners, large format printing (the type used for campaigns and crusade), wedding iv, hard cover notes, memos, gift bags, etc.

Noteworthy is that you need virtually different sets of printers, spare parts and maintenance persons to do each of the listed tasks, so you see, it is never going to be easy or cheap; but like I said, most of the "brand/print experts" out there do not own a printer. Experience and the right contacts, however, always work for them.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up A Small Branding And Printing Company by Acidosis(m): 7:38am On Sep 09, 2017
If you want to offer offset printing, you got to have to invest in offset printing machine – which is expensive. You also need to consider maintenance costs and budgeting for spare part – even printers – replacements. Doing so without strong financing will be disastrous.

Your ability to use Photoshop is useful, but to run a successful printing business you need more than that – you might even need to take design class and/or courses. Sure, you could hire someone with that knowledge, but again, hiring someone is costly, especially in the early stage of your business.

Now this is what many Nigerians do, like I said earlier;

Yes, if you are insisting to start a printing business, there is one of few ways you can do it with less investment and higher rate of success; here is my favourite business idea, as usual: start a printing business as a broker.

This is a good small business idea in many ways: As a broker, you don’t have to invest in printing machines. You don’t have to invest in human resources. You don’t have to acquire design software license. You don’t even need to have a location. All you need to have is a computer, mobile phone and Internet access.

Your role here is as an intermediary. Your job is to get clients and have the printing orders sent to your printing partners. You real work is maintaining a healthy relationship with your clients and printing partners.

http://www.noobpreneur.com/2012/06/11/how-to-start-a-successful-printing-business-with-minimal-investment/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mind Blowing Beach Arts / Large Format Printer For Branding & Billboards Available At Affordable Price / Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.