Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:33 AM

I'm Tired Of Living With Them, Any Way Out? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Tired Of Living With Them, Any Way Out? (957 Views)

I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged / I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Tired Of Living With Them, Any Way Out? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2017
I've been living with my uncle and aunt since my secondary school days. I'm now in the University, but I'm tired of staying with them. We no longer understand each other. they live very close to the University campus, hence my parents don't see it necessary for me to leave in a hostel. They believe if I leave the place it ll damage the family ties and bond, what can I do to convince them to allow me to leave and stay on my own.?
NB: my parents aren't in the same city with me and my uncle and aunt have being supportive of our family

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Living With Them, Any Way Out? by greatnaija01: 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
yaaaa I understand your plight... I had the exact same experience and I know how it is.... having to attend the same CHURCH, weekends can be boring, errands from home affect the freedom n fun of campus life... well.... this is what I did.

1) I started attending tutorials that were in the evening... so sometimes I was allowed to stay over in school

2) I ensured I had good results so they could allow me get into the hostel next session

3) I also used up the provisions in their house n lots of expenses too.... so when am not around they feel its economical

4) Whenever am there in their house am always studying so they give good reports to my parents.

5) I also collected a bit extra for everything in school than I needed..... so I was able to save up and get enough cash for my HOSTEL stay next session.

grin These are things you can do.

timmylegend:
I've been living with my uncle and aunt since my secondary school days. I'm now in the University, but I'm tired of staying with them. We no longer understand each other. they live very close to the University campus, hence my parents don't see it necessary for me to leave in a hostel. They believe if I leave the place it ll damage the family ties and bond, what can I do to convince them to allow me to leave and stay on my own.?
NB: my parents aren't in the same city with me and my uncle and aunt have being supportive of our family

3 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Living With Them, Any Way Out? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
what is it exactly that bring disagreements between you and them?!

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Living With Them, Any Way Out? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
what is it exactly that bring disagreements between you and them?!
they want to continue to treat me like a small boy or a secondary school student.
limited freedom, wanna to know where I go
can't stay out late
Re: I'm Tired Of Living With Them, Any Way Out? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
timmylegend:

they want to continue to treat me like a small boy or a secondary school student.
can't stay out late than 8pm

what you may see as disagreements, may simply be CARING ABOUT YOUR WELL BEING. i, too, certainly wouldnt want something to happen to my nephew nieces, while under my care (or otherwise). in this day and age of kidnapping ritualist etc, no wonder they wanna know where you are at all time.

these are people who CARE about you, dont get it twisted.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Living With Them, Any Way Out? by NoToPile: 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2017
timmylegend:

can't stay out late than 8pm

grin grin

So wanting to know where you go and you not being able to stay out after 8pm is treating you like a small boy abi.

So coming home by 11pm and they not knowing your whereabouts translates to you being a big boy.

Then move out na, their house - their rules as if the hostel you are going to doesnt have rules. You are lucky to see people that bother to ask about your whereabouts .

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Wife Refuses To Have Sex With Husband Over Stay Abroad / Candid Advise Needed / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.