Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? (2311 Views)

Pls Help Suggest A Good Laptop Between N50000- N75000 / HELP! Recommend A Very Good Laptop For Me! / Any Good Laptop Shop In Lagos Or Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 25, 2010
I bought a brandnew very portable haier thermocool laptop or rather palmtop(HTCOOL A100) in the haier thermocool get plugged in promo at N116,840, It came with a hp coloured printer,a zain modem  + sim(with 1 year free internet access) and a cool laptop bag.Features of the palmtop are a 10"LCD screen,antivirus,bluetooth,webcam,wireless connectivity and some other basic funtions.it also came wit 1yr warranty,was d price fair
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by chidyke77(m): 7:14am On Feb 25, 2010
Sure its a good bargain most especially for d 1yr free internet browsing.
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by inze(m): 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2010
Hmmm . . .

You can as well get all those packages and be given a celeron processor. . . .

Abeg give us the spec. Of the system make we see. Just do these

press 'windows' key wit 'r' and type dxdiag

tell us what u see
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
dollybird:

I bought a brandnew very portable haier thermocool laptop or rather palmtop(HTCOOL A100) in the haier thermocool get plugged in promo at N116,840, It came with a hp coloured printer,a zain modem  + sim(with 1 year free internet access) and a cool laptop bag.Features of the palmtop are a 10"LCD screen,antivirus,bluetooth,webcam,wireless connectivity and some other basic funtions.it also came wit 1yr warranty,was d price fair

i am sorry, but all haier thermocol products are sh*t imho

they just get some chinkos to roll out extra low quality products and put haier thermocool on them

i got a thermoccol generator as dash last year
from the very first tim ei used it, issues - i don't expect your laptop to be an different.

i actually think you'may be an advertiser - because i can't imagine i year fre internet access on a modem - with my 9pm to 9am starcomms , thats 60k

as for the printer, its prolly the hp deskjet, another sh*t accessory that is given free with some laptop purchases, and which fails almost immediately as well.

btw i think the word u are looking for is netbook, not palmtop

its just some chinko genric clone laptop braneded as haier thermoccol.

anyway, hope their office is close to where u stay - at least u cn save on transport costs sad
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2010
goddam spambot
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Nobody: 5:43am On Feb 26, 2010
inze:

Hmmm . . .

You can as well get all those packages and be given a celeron processor. . . .

Abeg give us the spec. Of the system make we see. Just do these

press 'windows' key wit 'r' and type dxdiag

tell us what u see
computer name(haier FA31BB85c),operating system,[microsoft windows xp home edition(5.1 build 2600)],system manufacturers(veijie),Bios(ver 1.00PARTTBL, PROCESSOR[intel(R) Atom(TM) cpu N270 @ 1.60GHZ(2cpus)],memory(1014mb)RAM),page file(1860MB),Directx version(Directx 9.00(4.09.000.0904).
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Nobody: 5:54am On Feb 26, 2010
oyb:

goddam spambot
its not spam, if u reside in Lagos,you should watch STV to view d promo advert-they offer the package at N11,400 per month 4 installmental payments angry angry angry
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Dclique(m): 6:26am On Feb 26, 2010
Lol, you are confused.
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Nobody: 6:31am On Feb 26, 2010
dollybird:

its not spam, if u reside in Lagos,you should watch STV to view d promo advert-they offer the package at N11,400 per month 4 installmental payments angry angry angry

sorry, i posted a reply stating why i felt it was a bad buy - and the feckin spambot deleted my post angry
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 26, 2010
dollybird:

i am sorry, but all haier thermocol products are excreta imho

they just get some chinkos to roll out extra low quality products and put haier thermocool on them

from the very first tim ei used it, issues - i don't expect your laptop to be an different.

i actually think you'may be an advertiser - because i can't imagine i year fre internet access on a modem - with my 9pm to 9am starcomms , thats 60k

as for the printer, its prolly the hp deskjet, another excreta accessory that is given free with some laptop purchases, and which fails almost immediately as well.

anyway, hope their office is close to where u stay - at least u cn save on transport costs Sad
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 26, 2010
spambot did it again sad
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 26, 2010
oyb:

sorry, i posted a reply stating why i felt it was a bad buy - and the feckin spambot deleted my post angry
how much do u think i could have gotten it and where can i get it at a better price?
cause a friend of mine wants to buy it also and if it was a bad bergain,i don't want to get her into it.
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by DualCore1: 9:34am On Feb 26, 2010
This thread woulda made more sense before the purchase.

Anyhows, its a rip off.

Breakdown
That netbook you got (why haier?): 50k
The modem: 10k
The printer, even if its HP LaserHeaven (which it isnt): 40k (this price is hyped but lets leave it at that).
Targus bag with lifetime warranty (which i dont think is what u got: its a friggin promo, you should get that for free
Internet access for one year: ZAIN  undecided

So, in all we talking 100k. My problem is not even the amount but the quality of the things bought. I dunno how getting all this at 116k makes it a promo.

Here's a better buy
HP netbook : 60k
A 3g hsdpa modem: 10k
A good printer : 30k

So we talking 100k for a good buy smiley

Then again,  "haier thermocool laptop or rather palmtop(HT[b]COOL[/b] A100)". Is deep freezer and A/C manufacturing that boring that they have to pass time with making a joke up in the labs and lebelling it a computer, yea palmtop whteva?  tongue

dollybird:

it also came wit 1yr warranty,
This may come in very handy on several occasions. Safeguard it like a meal ticket.
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by semid4lyfe(m): 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2010
F.cukc!ng bad bargain & buy . . . .poster could have gotten a HP laptop with better specs like Vista Home premium, 15.4" screen 2Gb ram, 250gb hdd, Intel core 2 duo processor, 1.83 GHz processor speed, Bluetooth, Webcam, 5 in 1 card reader, 802.11b/g WLAN, Express card slot, DVD+/-RW with double layer support +Light scribe etc for about N80,000. . . . .The specs of the Haier Thermocool lapie no tap sef. . . . .Even with all the jara and senrere, it's still a BLOODY RIP OFF.
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Infomizer(m): 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2010
I don't know 'bout any other person's opinion,  But here's my take on this, The netbook is BRAND NEW and comes with an ATOM N270 1.6GHz dual core processor and other cool frapapas like webcam, wireless, blue-tooth, 160GB HDD, 1 GB RAM. It doesn't have a CD ROM though. It has a 128MB intel graphics card, card reader and 10" screen, It's actually worth about #92,500 alone (CONFIRMED). The HP Deskjet d2563 printer  costs about #13,500 or thereabout. The 1Year internet access is worth #16,500 (4,500 EDGE/GPRS USB MODEM and 12,000, 12 months [1.2 GB] internet access @ 1000 [100 MB] per month). You also get a 1 year warranty and after sales service (If you purchased it from PZ). Do the maths your self and see if you got a good buy or not (Don't fail to consider the installment payment scheme too).  I fink the price is pretty ok for that spec (I'm open to corrections O). Any computer nerd would tell you that too, To me, the promo is no rip off, except if the netbook price is, (I no be sales rep O!!!),  Nothing do you!!!!

semid4lyfe:

F.cukc!ng bad bargain & buy . . . .poster could have gotten a HP laptop with better specs like Vista Home premium, 15.4" screen 2Gb ram, 250gb hdd, Intel core 2 duo processor, 1.83 GHz processor speed, Bluetooth, Webcam, 5 in 1 card reader, 802.11b/g WLAN, Express card slot, DVD+/-RW with double layer support +Light scribe etc for about N80,000. . . . .The specs of the Haier Thermocool lapie no tap sef. . . . .Even with all the jara and senrere, it's still a BLOODY RIP OFF.   
That your spec is 135,000 confirmed [HP Dv6-1310ei] (Brand New), Kilode, you too exaggerate abeg, no let the poster feel bad jo!
Dual Core:

This thread woulda made more sense before the purchase.

Anyhows, its a rip off.

Breakdown
That netbook you got (why haier?): 50k
The modem: 10k
The printer, even if its HP LaserHeaven (which it isnt): 40k (this price is hyped but lets leave it at that).
Targus bag with lifetime warranty (which i dont think is what u got: its a friggin promo, you should get that for free
Internet access for one year: ZAIN  undecided

So, in all we talking 100k. My problem is not even the amount but the quality of the things bought. I dunno how getting all this at 116k makes it a promo.

Here's a better buy
HP netbook : 60k
A 3g hsdpa modem: 10k
A good printer : 30k

So we talking 100k for a good buy smiley

Then again,  "haier thermocool laptop or rather palmtop(HT[b]COOL[/b] A100)". Is deep freezer and A/C manufacturing that boring that they have to pass time with making a joke up in the labs and lebelling it a computer, yea palmtop whteva?  tongue

This may come in very handy on several occasions. Safeguard it like a meal ticket.
Dual core: The Zain thing is real, 1.2GB for a year to be specific, and its 24/7. It might no be enough for an Internet freak O, but its very ok for an average user. , And my Neighbor has been using is 16" HT LCD TV for more than 6 months now and no problem, The company is only trying to expand their product base. Haba give 'em a chance!!!
oyb:

i am sorry, but all haier thermocol products are excreta imho

i actually think you'may be  an advertiser - because i can't imagine i year fre internet access on a modem - with my 9pm to 9am starcomms , thats 60k

as for the printer, its prolly the hp deskjet, another excreta accessory that is given free with some laptop purchases, and which fails almost immediately as well.

anyway, hope their office is close to where u stay - at least u cn save on transport costs  Sad

for the fact that you don't believe something does not mean that it is not real, geddit?
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2010
infact informizer,u're d best, u tooooooo much!!!
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 11, 2010
mr haier marketer

But here's my take on this, The netbook is BRAND NEW and comes with an ATOM N270 1.6GHz dual core processor and other cool frapapas like webcam, wireless, blue-tooth, 160GB HDD, 1 GB RAM. It doesn't have a CD ROM though. It has a 128MB intel graphics card, card reader and 10" screen, It's actually worth about #92,500 alone (CONFIRMED).
[/quote]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-S10-4333-36U-Netbook-160GB-HDD10-1-NEW_W0QQitemZ230432839745QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLaptops_Nov05?hash=item35a6de1841

lenovo idea pad same specs - $279 - n41850

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Dell-Inspiron-mini-10v-1011-10-1-Laptop-N280-160GB_W0QQitemZ300414237045QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLaptops_Nov05?hash=item45f2157975

Dell Inspiron mini same specs- $298 -n44700

those are just two netbook models - een allowing for a 30% markup, that thing is still over priced

this is what i got when i googled HTCOOL A100

http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=HTCOOL+A100&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

that netbook does not exist anywhere outside of nigeria - someone cobbled together a generic laptop, slapped a name on it and is selling it at prices far higher than world class brands

your so called cool frapaps are standard items bundled with netbooks. if it had an sd drive , or an nvidia ion, then you could blather about cool addons

[quote] The 1Year internet access is worth #16,500 (4,500 EDGE/GPRS USB MODEM and 12,000, 12 months [1.2 GB] internet access @ 1000 [100 MB] per month).

1.2gb across a year cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

for a pc and not a phone? please don't make us start laughing. her access will expire in the first three days of the month grin grin grin grin grin

The HP Deskjet d2563 printer costs about #13,500 or thereabout

i am familiar with those cheap hp printers that come free with laptop purchases. those things are free for a reason. they are crap.

after your first twenty pages, they start misbehaving. they have no reset button. it is a long tedious process of on/off, connect/disconnect etc, before ou throw it in the bin.
two years ago, i got a brand new dual core compaq - 160gb, 15inch, 1.6ghz dual core, intel graphics bag,free cheape hp printer all for 80k

i understand the op needs to believe she made a killing - but you on the other hand. . .
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by DualCore1: 7:36pm On Apr 11, 2010
dollybird:

infact informizer,u're d best, u tooooooo much!!!
Shay you just needed consolation abi? You just needed one person to say something u wonno hear.
When you are ready to face reality, face the reality than you have wasted major bucks. E fit no be major bucks for you sha, with all due respect.
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2010
plus God help you if it has a problem

warranty means your machine spends close to 1 month with them for a problem your local pc village guy will solve in 1 day - usually because they are waiting for 'spare parts'
Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by inze(m): 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2010
informizer sure is showing us that he really is informed . . .

Let's not be so unrealistic here, 'a company can wake up and decide to push out all em stock at whatever price' n to u and me, we call that bonanza. Lets not try to make d poster feel any worse that we already have. Informizer hv said it all n to me, the buy wasn't at any point a bad one . . . (but come to think of it, wetin i wan do with 100MB/month? Na wa oo).

@poster
if this makes you feel any better, i've been using a Haier A61 14.1' Laptop which was sent to me for 3years now and counting, (do d maths, 3yrs back i couldn't really decipher d diff between a celeron till i used one with a 256MB ram on 1.73Ghz processor speed) damn, d laptop really gave me tough time as i had to use it to do crazy tasking job but guess wat?, d gadget survived. I had to do an upgrade on it by making d ram 2GB since it could take 3GB and d dude responds faster, boots within 10sec on Win7(unlike 3min on XP) and every other thing works perfect. The only 'ish' i experienced was self-caused, i mistakenly spilled tea on d keyboard thereby losing my backspace, arrow keys and d delete functions. Also, d adapter went bad(self caused too) our househelp came to my room n plugged d pressing iron to d extn i was using, which normally aint strong enough to carry such, anyway, got it fixed n still using it.

Any1 have a reason to doubt shuld just ask for a screenie . . .

1 Like

Re: Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? by inze(m): 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2010
. . .

(1) (Reply)

Like New Affordable UK Used Laptops With 10hrs+ Battery / Photo Lab Printing Machines- Noritsu QSS 3300 5X7 & HP 510 For Sale080 / My Computer Is Not Recognizing Any Usb Cable Or Flash Drive:) Gurus Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.