Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates (24873 Views)

Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k / What's The Price Of A 50kg Bag Of Rice In Your Area In Nigeria / Oyinbo People Queue To Buy Nigerian Jollof Rice From "Mama Put" In London. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by DaudaAbu(m): 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
First of all there is no genuine Mamagold rice in the market. I know this because i hav went to a major mamagold dealer in ibadan to inquire for mamagold rice but was told its not available in the market. So if a dealer dnt hav it hw did the seller got it?

This simply means the rice is rebagged and intensionally made 45kg to make more profit.
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by 9iceDaniel: 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
Same happens everywhere.
I was surprised to witness such at Bodija market, na short cut I wan take but na rice repacking room I jam. Those guys even have the sealing machine. I weak straight.
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by stinggy(m): 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
ibukunobi:
I went to Awoyaya Junction to buy A BAG OF MAMA GOLD Rice from one UCHENNA VICTOR. My wife checked this bag of rice all to discover that the Label on it has expired as at May 2017, aside from that, I put the Bag on my scale and it reads exactly 45kg.

My heart bleeds for this Country whenever I see dishonesty ravaging all businesses in this country and when someone comes up to correct the wrong, that person will be victimized. This country seem to condone Dishonesty at the same time claim Holiness. how can you be cheating on people and still tell us you are a Christian
Where is it done on earth that a 50KG bag turns to 45kg in Nigeria at the cost of 50KG.

We need someone to help us to raise alarm on this problem to the Government. I hope Osibanjo can get to know this one day
When are we going to have a regulatory body that monitors this gross dishonesty and controls them
Until the Government torch peoples life in this way can the Govt. gain respect from the people.
Contact NAFDAC and SON, to report them for selling expired rice.
Contact Weights and Measures Dept of Ministry of Ind, Trade & Inv for the short measure (45kg instead of 50kg).
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by begwong: 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
Whose shop did you say you bought the rice again {NCAN}
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by pokipoki: 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
It will do more good if you put the picture of the shop so that everyone sees it.
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by jidjoks: 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
why BUY MAMA GOLD when MAMA SILVER IS THERE ? ..I am sure that will be 50.5kg...lolz
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by Pidginwhisper: 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Afonja International, Deal with it cuz it comes with the change. We won't sell for a loss, any product we have paid for before the bubu rice ban have been stored in neighbouring countries n smuggled gradually into Nigeria, the buyers will pay for the storage/price changes over the months.

Also wen our customers keep asking for foreign rice, we will repeat the same process above...

Deal with it.
grin.
Nazo the Rotation go dey go now..till you poison your relatives join which dat one na for sure as your family lives sef no get meaning to you lot grin grin..na same way I go rather buy savage car from hurricane Harvey forTexas instead make I buy innoson moving coffin grin

1 Like

Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by nengibo: 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
sukkot:
your feet tho
E dey like webbed foot
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
Johngla:
Which day Nigeria will be a better place?
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by wristbangle: 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2017
The other day I suggested price regulatory policy at our retail markets, some disgruntled element dished unprintable names on me to have suggested such dumb idea. The corruption in this country is inept in the citizens so bad that even if we crop the current set of leaders, we would have worse set of rotten eggs replacing them.

The corruption in this country is so deep and stench to the heavens to the extent that it is irredeemable
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
sexiestharam:
This is not a laughing matter. Where is SON and NAFDAC when you need them?
SON Na yeye regulatory agency na.
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by rose54321: 1:19pm On Sep 08, 2017
taguafuo:
How did you know the name of the seller? This story sounds fabricated

Interesting question.
First and last name for that matter.

It might not be fabricated though, all buyers should just be careful when shopping, always check the expiry date.
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by seangy4konji: 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
U see rice chop u r heckling expiry.

Won fun e lobo do oun wa irun obo.
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by Alphasoar(m): 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
hucienda:
It pays to inspect before you buy things.

Btw, lemme get this straight. Is the OP insinuating that the retailer s/he bought the rice from into repackaging its contents somewhere else?

Next time, inform your wife to go to the market with your weighing scale and to check the expiry dates. Or go with her - or in her stead - better still.

Besides why capitalise his name or bring in his supposed religion? 'cos this thing happens among every tribe and religion adherents in the country. Except you are indirectly driving at something.

Anyway, NAFDAC and the regulatory bodies should swing into action - reactionary as usual.
You just said and asked all necessary questions needed to be asked!

2 Likes

Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by fakuta(f): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
[size=8pt][/size]Amen
Johngla:
One day Nigeria will be a better place
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by drololaaof: 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
Na business now ,iPOB over to you

1 Like

Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by Alphasoar(m): 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2017
Why did you not weigh the bag of rice in the market and check the expiry date before buying?
You knew the seller's name and had to put it in Capitals to drive your religious and tribalistic bigotry.

The mode that is pushing these set of posts to FP, #WehDonSir.

Last question for you but don't think am defending the seller from whom you bought the item, Can you tell me truly that all items you have ever bought have been the actual mass or quantity as specified on the item?

Expecting another ban today oh! No wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by madridguy(m): 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2017
They are good in selling expired food product, medicines, to mention few. The federal government should let them go before they kill everybody with their get money at all cost attitude. Just imagine cool

2 Likes

Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by erico2k2(m): 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
9jakohai:

Yeah....like no one in your tribe does the same thing?

Or your tribe is made up of people who have never ever sinned in their lives?
Bross no B fight , the guy ask kwetion ni angry grin grin grin
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by Timkizzy33881(f): 1:35pm On Sep 08, 2017
Weytin GOD go judge PLENTY. He's watching.
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by pussysucker1: 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
Johngla:
One day Nigeria will be a better place
it'll never be, so don't just deceive yourself. The worst of Nigeria is yet to come, so just relax and prepare for it. By the way am a full blooded Nigerian so no hate intentions
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by Dynast(m): 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2017
Do well also to show picture of the scale reading in ur house to clear all doubts
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by lorhema(f): 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2017
egopersonified:
buy 25kg and get 18kg.

In December, bought 25kg but didn't realise it wasn't full till I got home and saw how it sat. It was 15kg! I don't know why we do things like this. Sell a full bag at the price you want but they'd rather cheat. When won't we find out?
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by giftiy(m): 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
ibukunobi:
I went to Awoyaya Junction to buy A BAG OF MAMA GOLD Rice from one UCHENNA VICTOR. My wife checked this bag of rice all to discover that the Label on it has expired as at May 2017, aside from that, I put the Bag on my scale and it reads exactly 45kg.

My heart bleeds for this Country whenever I see dishonesty ravaging all businesses in this country and when someone comes up to correct the wrong, that person will be victimized. This country seem to condone Dishonesty at the same time claim Holiness. how can you be cheating on people and still tell us you are a Christian
Where is it done on earth that a 50KG bag turns to 45kg in Nigeria at the cost of 50KG.

We need someone to help us to raise alarm on this problem to the Government. I hope Osibanjo can get to know this one day
When are we going to have a regulatory body that monitors this gross dishonesty and controls them
Until the Government torch peoples life in this way can the Govt. gain respect from the people.
why going for country banded product?
you never see any thing.
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
Nazo the Rotation go dey go now..till you poison your relatives join which dat one na for sure as your family lives sef no get meaning to you lot grin grin..na same way I go rather buy savage car from hurricane Harvey forTexas instead make I buy innoson moving coffin grin

Innosom moving coffin is a first in Nigeria, Afonja never get their own coffin automobile ooo.

Poison What of Yoruba whey de steadily put magun in their wives to clear out their late brothers make sonsgrin.

Na dem dem, Skull Mining republic.
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by segzybam(m): 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2017
First of all there is no genuine mama Gold rice in nigeria presently. The company which owns mama Gold rice is no longer importing it into the country. All mama gold rice been seen are all re-bag, repackaged rice. Hence buy at your own risk.
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by Rekyz(m): 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
fidalgo19:

Am not talking tribal sentiments here
Just few of them are honest with there dealings
It's better you stick to the ones you really know
Abeg keep kwayet!!! Your comment smells of sentiments.
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by Mbediogu(m): 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
fidalgo19:
Am actually passing the place right now
Tell me if it is igbo traders again
I would like to know.
If you like argue with them from morning till night that it's expired
They will just tell you to get out.

Na my shop be that. Oya tell, me please. Expired rice which is edible AND all these over-expired Afonjee and Aboki politicians wey full ground but are inedible, which one wowo pass? It did not scale 50kg because it has dried more. Cook one milk cup and pot fills up. Ask hoteliers. Una no like better thing Allah. (Runs out of thread for fear of bullet wound by tribal snippers).

1 Like

Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by Pidginwhisper: 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Innosom moving coffin is a first in Nigeria, Afonja never get their own coffin automobile ooo.

Poison What of Yoruba whey de steadily put magun in their wives to clear out their late brothers make sonsgrin.

Na dem dem, Skull Mining republic.
Afonja no dey do Moving Coffin..Rather dem dey save lives with proforce Armoured Vehicles grin grin...

Hehehehe that peculiar to Poto ppl nau..No be Chinedu dey dig Oga Wife when e travel oversea for biz for ladipo grin grin

Hehehehe!! Clifford Orji Cousin grin
Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by BlackMbakara1(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
NCAN reporting live from Pitakwa...once i hear say cheating, i know the tribe with naming self. grin

1 Like

Re: Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
Afonja no dey do Moving Coffin..Rather dem dey save lives with proforce Armoured Vehicles grin grin...

Hehehehe that peculiar to Poto ppl nau..No be Chinedu dey dig Oga Wife when e travel oversea for biz for ladipo grin grin

Hehehehe!! Clifford Orji Cousin grin

Chinedu dig oga madam n he's still alive. If chinedu was Afolabi, he would be long dead from evil magun strike which is a Yoruba norm.

Bros abeg afonja never build any car, they add armour to already made cars, that's nothing nah.

IN NIGERIA, THE LEADING PRO-FORCE IN SKULL MINNING IS SW AND OGUN STATE PRECISELY. Pls just type 'man caught with human head, human skull, human hand, etc' on any search engine and watch ogun ogun ogun ogun pop out everywhere...grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing / Simple, Quick And Delicious Jollof Rice. Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) / Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.