Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) (25008 Views)

How To Make The Best Delicious GIZDODO, Plantain & Gizzard Recipe, Cook With Me / How To Prepare Peppered Gizzard / How To Prepare Dodo And Gizzard (gizdodo Recipe) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by eneubane1(f): 10:02am On Nov 17, 2017
Gizdodo is the combination of gizzards, fried plaintains and spicy tomato stew together. It is a delicious and popular dish in Nigerian homes and parties.

It is usually served with rice dishes but it also makes a perfect small chops, snack or starter at Nigerian parties. Gizdodo is simply awesome.

Ingredients:
• 3 Ripe Plantains
• 450gms Gizzard
• 1 can of Plum Tomatoes or 4 medium size Tomatoes
• 2 Big Bell Pepper
• 1 whole Onion
• 1 large Onion (chopped)
• ½ red, green, yellow Bell Pepper (chopped)
• 1½ Scotch Bonnet
• 1 tablespoon minced Ginger
• 2 cloves minced Garlic
• 2 Seasoning Cubes
• 1 tablespoon Curry Powder
• 1 tablespoon of your preferred Spice ( I use Aromat)
• ½ teaspoon Thyme
• Salt to taste
• Vegetable Oil

Directions:
• Blend the tomatoes, whole bell peppers, whole onion and ginger to a smooth paste, you could also blend or grind roughly if you choose to and set aside.

• Slice the red, green and yellow bell peppers. Also chop the scotch bonnet and large onion and set aside. Chop the gizzard into bite sizes and clean thoroughly. Dice your plantain and set aside.

• Add the gizzard into a small pot, add some of the chopped onions, 1/2 of the curry and thyme, 1/2 of the spice and water to cover the gizzard then boil on medium heat till tender.

• Pour 1 cooking spoon vegetable oil into a pot, place on a hob on medium heat. When it’s hot, pour in some of the chopped onions and fry till translucent, then add the minced garlic, saute till fragrant.

• Now, add the blended pepper mixture, the 2 seasoning cubes, the remaining curry powder, thyme, spice and salt to taste.

• Leave to fry for 15 minutes thereabouts or until pepper dries up a bit and oil begins to settle on top. Then, add 1 cup of stock (meat water), leave to cook for another 10 minutes.

• At this time, more oil should begin to settle to the top. Into a large frying pan or wok, add some oil, fry the plantain till moderately brown.

• Take the plantains out when it’s done, add more oil if needed and fry the gizzard till it browns. Decant some of the oil if you end up with too much.

• Now add the chopped peppers and onions, then sauté for 3 more minutes and add the plantains to the pot. Add stew to the gizzard and plantain in the pot, then stir to combine.

• Leave to cook for 2 minutes then switch off the heat, let the mixture simmer with the residual heat for further 2-3 minutes.

• That's it, your Gizdodo is ready. Serve with any rice dishes or alone. Enjoy!

Source: http://www.versatileblog.com.ng/2017/11/gizdodo-gizzard-plantain.html

cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Ddominique, Obinoscopy, MissyB3

14 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by MhizzAJ(f): 10:10am On Nov 17, 2017
Wow

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by CyberGypsy(m): 10:35am On Nov 17, 2017
DodoGizzard !!!! shocked
my love for it is incomparable

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by miqos02(m): 10:44am On Nov 17, 2017
nice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:44am On Nov 17, 2017
Oh yeaah!!!
Very tasty.
We deliver this on Special order @ MANNA Barbecue and Grills.

GLAD to see a thread from the Food section hit the Front page after a while!

Are you a lover of BARBECUE? If YES, check our signature...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by Carter4luv(m): 10:45am On Nov 17, 2017
Yummy. Better thing na money kill am.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by conquerorsegun(m): 10:45am On Nov 17, 2017
Humm Gizdodo , OK oooo

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by ekensi01: 10:46am On Nov 17, 2017
Nice one.

Nairaland need to upgrade

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by Spanner4(m): 10:47am On Nov 17, 2017
cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by olagoke157(m): 10:47am On Nov 17, 2017
please if there is anyone here that knows someone that sells big size palm slippers/slip ons please just mssg me or quote ..and shoes please...preferably size 46
Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:48am On Nov 17, 2017
This can give a man Orgasm after downloading

1 Like

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by LegendaryArnold(m): 10:49am On Nov 17, 2017
GIZDODO... the name dey burss my brain

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by 2shure: 10:50am On Nov 17, 2017
i wish they have this on order
like 500 a plate.
i go just buy turkey lap
two plates of this
bottle water
and moi moi
e don be

6 Likes

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by agarawu23(m): 10:52am On Nov 17, 2017
Gizdodo

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by bigerboy200: 10:53am On Nov 17, 2017
Which one b gizdodo again...be like say I don't carry last for this one ohh grin...looks faninorous sha tongue tongue would'nt mind..

1 Like

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by Famocious(m): 10:56am On Nov 17, 2017
Will give myself a treat with gizdodo + boiled rice + chilled cup of red wine tomorrow grin grin

TGIF

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by Clean2016: 10:57am On Nov 17, 2017
What is Scotch bonnet?
Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by KingRex1(m): 11:02am On Nov 17, 2017
embarassed
Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by uzoexcel(m): 11:04am On Nov 17, 2017
future wife...shey u r seeing this

1 Like

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by AuroraB(f): 11:10am On Nov 17, 2017
ekensi01:
Nice one.

Nairaland need to upgrade
To what? If I may ask
Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by okomile(f): 11:13am On Nov 17, 2017
Clean2016:
What is Scotch bonnet?

Ata roodo.
The small round pepper. Very hot

1 Like

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by Roon9(m): 11:13am On Nov 17, 2017
There's something about the rich man's appetite that I'd never comprehend. If you wanna eat gizzard or dodo go ahead but which one is gizdodo na

4 Likes

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by wtfcoded: 11:14am On Nov 17, 2017
I don dey download am through my phone already
Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by Intrepid01(m): 11:17am On Nov 17, 2017
Chaii....who can epp me prepare this oooo....awww life of a bachelor

1 Like

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 17, 2017
Sounds beautiful
I would pass on the garlic and ginger tho, so the food won't taste so iffy, and ooze from my pores till the next day

The way we have bought into garlicking eh?
A pet peeve is when food literally drips with garlic (both smell and taste wise)
I haaate angry

Trust us, from just a dash of cloves/garlic to season meat, or tomatoes (just a bit) we now pour garlic in moi moi, akara shocked, even soup (okay maybe I lie cheesy )...don't get me started on the worst- those who chew garlic, (as mouth freshener or chocolate I wonder) lipsrsealed angry
It's really something I cannot deal with at all
Jeez
But I digress shocked, gizdodo (find a more local name please, or I would, remove the giz bit cheesy) has the makings of really nice food. Would see how I can get it done
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by mrMeen(m): 11:25am On Nov 17, 2017
gizdodo na one nigga for our area ooooooooh I go tell am say you don name food after am.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by Iamzik: 11:35am On Nov 17, 2017
post=62458895:
Oh yeaah!!!
Very tasty.
We deliver this on Special order @ MANNA Barbecue and Grills.

GLAD to see a thread from the Food section hit the Front page after a while!

Are you a lover of BARBECUE? If YES, check our signature...

How much and what location can you deliver to in Lagos?
Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by Sektion: 11:35am On Nov 17, 2017
Roon9:
There's something about the rich man's appetite that I'd never comprehend. If you wanna eat gizzard or dodo go ahead but which one is gizdodo na
You know nothing boy grin. Those who know knows cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by wickyyolo: 11:38am On Nov 17, 2017
This is what takes me to Tank and Tummy almost Every day.

If my wife can't cook this after 6months of marriage. I'm divorcing Her

1 Like

Re: How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) by Dollabiz: 11:47am On Nov 17, 2017
Oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Guest Die After Meal At Katsina Wedding / Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) / How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.