Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Sad!! Country Star Don Williams Is Dead; Aged 78 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sad!! Country Star Don Williams Is Dead; Aged 78 (473 Views)

Singer, Mohbad Is Dead, Aged 27 (Photos) / Nollywood Star Don Brymo Is Dead / Ndikho Xaba Is Dead, Aged 85 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad!! Country Star Don Williams Is Dead; Aged 78 by kingtobi95: 11:16pm On Sep 08, 2017

One of the biggest stars in country music in the mid-1970s through late ‘80s, and Hall of Fame member, Don Williams, has died after an undisclosed illness.

A press release from the singer's PR team confirms his death "after a short illness," saying that funeral arrangements are pending. He was 78 years old.
American singer-songwriter Shooter Jennings took to Twitter after news of Don’s death broke to pay tribute.

He said:

“Sad about Don Williams but Troy Gentry was my friend. I had great times with him. I’m stunned, angry and upset at the moment. I’ll miss you.”

Country music star Travis Tritt also paid tribute.

He wrote:

“So sad to hear that “Gentle Giant” Don Williams has died! What an incredible legacy of great music he leaves behind. May he RIP.”

The Tulsa Time singer played his final tour in 2006, and in 2010 was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.

In 1991, every single he released hit the Top 40 Billboard County charts.

He returned to the spotlight in 2012 with a new album, And So It Goes, and in 2014 with Reflections, which included contributions from stars Keith Urban, Vince Gill and Alison Krauss.

Williams retired in early 2016 after being forced to cancel a tour due to sickness. Yet in 2017, even as he stayed home, the singer enjoyed a higher profile than he had in years.

See more >>> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/sad-country-star-don-williams-dead-aged-78/

May his soul rest in peace and the bosom of Abraham

cc lalasticlala cc mynd44

Re: Sad!! Country Star Don Williams Is Dead; Aged 78 by collinometricx: 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2017
Re: Sad!! Country Star Don Williams Is Dead; Aged 78 by aog: 11:22pm On Sep 08, 2017
The end of an era...
Re: Sad!! Country Star Don Williams Is Dead; Aged 78 by favourmic(m): 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
Sun re ooooo
Re: Sad!! Country Star Don Williams Is Dead; Aged 78 by MustiizRaja(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
rip baba
Re: Sad!! Country Star Don Williams Is Dead; Aged 78 by MurderEnglish(m): 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
I drink his music like water, so sad he's gone.

Rip

Your music lives on cry cry
Re: Sad!! Country Star Don Williams Is Dead; Aged 78 by kiddoiLL(m): 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
Amanda light of my life...Faith should have made u a gentleman's wife....- Amanda

Lord I hope this day is good, I'm feeling empty and misunderstood...- Lord I hope this day is good.

I can still hear the soft southern winds in the life oak trees. -Good ole boys like me.

I ain't gon marry in the fall, ain't gone marry in the spring cus I'm in love with a pretty girl.. - country boy.

Some broken hearts never mend, some memories never end. Some tears will never dry. my love for you will never die. -Some broken hearts.

Etc...all his songs are amazing.
My mates and guys see me as ancient cus I listen to this man's song a lot. I laugh them and the kids of this century because they'll never understand the touch and feeling behind country songs.

A big loss to planet Earth.
R.I.P Don
Re: Sad!! Country Star Don Williams Is Dead; Aged 78 by Merryglad(f): 11:50pm On Sep 08, 2017
I never knew he was still alive....i dont like his songs though. Rip to the dead
Re: Sad!! Country Star Don Williams Is Dead; Aged 78 by PehaKaso: 11:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
RIP
Re: Sad!! Country Star Don Williams Is Dead; Aged 78 by lolaxavier(m): 7:36am On Sep 09, 2017
Sad...
The only singer that has won me over with all his songs. No wonder I have exactly 257 songs of his on my laptop which I get to listen to almost every time.
Thank you Don Williams for being a very strong part of my childhood. I will forever be your biggest fan.

Well, I dont believe that heaven waits
For only those who congregate
I'd like to think of God as love
He's down below
He's up above
He's watchin' people everywhere
He knows who does and doesn't care
And I'm an ordinary man
Sometimes I wonder who I am.

But I believe in love
I believe in music
I believe in magic
And I believe in you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Singer Said He Taught Michael Jackson The Moonwalk... / Popular Lagos Love Doctor Explains Why Runs Girls Attract Good Guys / Comedian Ajebo Proposes To His Beautiful Bae On Her Birthday[photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.