Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Understanding Paul - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Paul (646 Views)

Cute 'alex' Son Of Paul Adefarasin Receives Impartation From TD Jakes(photo) / 3 Reasons Why I Don't Preach On Repentance ( "Turn From Sin" ) - Paul Ellis / Dolapo Osinbajo, Bishop T.D. Jakes And Pastor Paul Adefarasin Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Paul by Hier(m): 4:27am On Sep 09, 2017
Paul wrote more than half of the New Testament under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost. You won't have expected that a book fall from the sky or so, but Holy men were stirred to speak while others write. 1 corin 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

Paul said right here that he has received by inspiration that which he gave to them, and Paul charged Timothy that that which he gave to him, let him also commit or teach unto men who would teach others. 2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

Jesus said in Mark 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch. So, if I give you a message, the message is not for the Jew or middle east folks, but for all, and we all know the admonition of Jesus, how He said both in Matthew28:19, Mark16:15-18 and Acts 1:8 that the gospel must be preached in every habitable environment or settlement.

Halleluhia, praise the Lord, so let's start. Understanding Paul, who's Paul, well, Paul said I labour than all the apostles, but that's by the way. 1 Corin 15:10, but that's by the way, I'm not magnifying Paul, don't be too hasty. Yea, understanding Paul, I guess from the above write up, we can see that Paul's teachings are meant for everyone.

Yea, Paul wrote most of the New testament and the Holy Spirit through Paul said. Romans15:4, that whatever things that were written, were written for our learning, that we might have hope, see Romans 10:14, knowledge brings faith and faith brings hope and strength.

I have noticed many people misquote Paul or Paul's intent while writing his letters, so they use the right verse for the wrong scenerio, and Peter shed a little light about that in 2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

I continue later

cc Didov1
Re: Understanding Paul by Hier(m): 4:45am On Sep 09, 2017
I felt the above post was lengthy, but lemme continue, Paul wrote some letters to address specific situation in the church, if you look at first Corinthians, we see
Paul addressing some specific things in the Church of Corinth as the Lord inspires Paul to write. For instance, chapter 5 talks about addressing situations related to fornication in the church of Corinth, in 1 Corinthians 7, Paul emphatically said, see the bolded,

1 corin 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

brb
Re: Understanding Paul by Hier(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2017
It has become tradition, where the Holy Ghost through Paul happens to be address a particular circumstance from the judgement or orderliness in the church point of view. For instance, 1 corin 5 is a judgemental verse, and 1 Corinthians 14 is a corrective measure of bringing order to a church, not a person, we must be able to know when a portion of Paul's letter is addressing the church or addressing an erring act in the church and to be sincere, 1 Corinthians 14 is a corrective verse, written to bring order to the church gathering, rather than a personal standpoint, so if you happen to interpreted 1 Corin 14 from a personal or individualist angle, you might misunderstand the entire chapter.

#Shalom
Re: Understanding Paul by Hier(m): 8:25am On Sep 09, 2017
haven set this foundation, I will commence a commentary on 1 Corinthians 14. Thanks

The thread continues here, link below

www.nairaland.com/4042635/first-corinthians-fourteen-letter-church
Re: Understanding Paul by Didov1(f): 1:22pm On Sep 09, 2017
....am with you
Re: Understanding Paul by Hier(m): 8:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
Didov1:
....am with you
okay, when iz your exam, I ran into one of your post about unilodin
Re: Understanding Paul by Didov1(f): 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2017
Hier:

okay, when iz your exam, I ran into one of your post about unilodin
...done it already..thank God it wasnt dat hard nd d result is good.,.done my part,waitin 4 d skul 2 do justice..
Re: Understanding Paul by Hier(m): 12:04am On Sep 13, 2017
Didov1:
...done it already..thank God it wasnt dat hard nd d result is good.,.done my part,waitin 4 d skul 2 dot

You take it by force

keep praying about it, God is mediator, a present help in time of need

I created a thread, take a leap

www.nairaland.com/4050192/ever-preached-gospel-light
Re: Understanding Paul by Hier(m): 12:27am On Sep 13, 2017
@Didov1,
Mention 3 reasons with reference where necessary

And 2 things the saved man should form an habit of, and call to remembrance, the moment he's saved

Moreso, study Romans 6, the entire hebrews and 1 Corinthians 15 and share with me, what you understand from there
Re: Understanding Paul by Hier(m): 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hier:
@Didov1,
Mention 3 reasons with reference where necessary

And 2 things the saved man should form an habit of, and call to remembrance, the moment he's saved

Moreso, study Romans 6, the entire hebrews and 1 Corinthians 15 and share with me, what you understand from there

Am waiting ma
Re: Understanding Paul by Didov1(f): 2:53pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hier:

Am waiting ma
....m sorry SIR.,.got a lot to do,maybe u shld mark my paper with a red pen SIR...

1 Like

Re: Understanding Paul by Hier(m): 7:21am On Sep 17, 2017
Didov1:
....m sorry SIR.,.got a lot to do,maybe u shld mark my paper with a red pen SIR...
Re: Understanding Paul by Hier(m): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
Halleluhia
Re: Understanding Paul by Hier(m): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/09/17 / Pregnancy Prevention Pills After Sex Also Abortion?? / Deeper Life Church Donated Park, Street Lights and Bridge To Lagos State Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.