Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) (43735 Views)

Stormy Daniels Ordered To Pay Donald Trump $300k By U.S Court / US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down / Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by DarryOsh(m): 10:27am On Sep 09, 2017
Mrnairalandd:

It's taking them over 250years to get here and seriously struggling

I believed you live in this world, similar incidents have killed over 50,000 USA citizens in the last 10years.

USA and U.K are good at downplaying their situation while Africans destroyed their tourism industry by badmouthing themselves

This year alone, in Glenfell Building UK, over 500 people born to death including children in broad daylight, over 500 at a go, but guess what, the news only lasted for 2days.

I can't imagine 500 people being born in Nigeria and the news ll be done with in 2days

First of all the death toll for the grenfell is 80. One fulani herdsmen massacre is enough to kill that many. And our leaders will even fail to acknowledge it. I doubt if there is a single month when such massacre does not happen. People die in many other silly ways too.

If you have been following international news you will realise that it is not true 'that the news lasted 2 days'. You can be sure than people will be held accountable. Buildings collapse all the time here killing people, nobody is held responsible. Soldiers harass civilians anyhow. I can list so many preventable ways people die here. How many times have you heard of large numbers of people dying preventable deaths in the UK or US?

You can prepare for disaster, and take preventive measures and things will still go wrong (eg I'm a and HARVEY). But you learn from previous mistakes and ensure it never happens again. Does Nigeria seem like a nation that ever learns? No.

Nigeria is almost 60 with abundant resources. I don't think we have an excuse for the level we are at the moment.

Does this mean we are hopeless? No! But it begins with admitting that there is something fundamentally wrong with this country. NO need for excuses.

Please, The UK and US whose strides you try to downplay are worthy of emulation. This is a fact!

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by sukkot: 10:27am On Sep 09, 2017
YAH about to bring destruction on babylon USA the wh-ore decked in purple and gold that sat on many waters and liveth lavishly. a millstone is about to be tied around her neck so she will sink below the waters grin
Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by pasol4real(m): 10:31am On Sep 09, 2017
Chai america too much
This is how à country should be
This is how we want to build Biafra
Nigerians Pls let us goooooooo
Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by royalamour(m): 10:31am On Sep 09, 2017
lomprico:

Its better for this to happen to us and we'll have a sane government and civilised people than the rot we have here today, poeple are dying like lizard here no security, police will arrest n jail u falsely, etc.

Abegii God loves them more than us joo! Africa is a curse.

Damn! What a mentality? How old are you? This is something that can empty the whole Atlantic Ocean into your throat.
Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by lomprico(m): 10:34am On Sep 09, 2017
royalamour:

Damn! What a mentality? How old are you? This is something that can empty the whole Atlantic Ocean into your throat.

Truth is bitter!!

What did ur government do for benue flood victims?

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 09, 2017
Wow, I am marvelled at the power of an organized society, even amidst impending disaster. My church mind reminds me of God pre-warning in the days of Noah but oh boy if it's the entire world, where we wan run to!!!
Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by ashawopikin(m): 10:39am On Sep 09, 2017
emmyspark007:
I bet you there's likely a black man, probably naija guy sef chilling somewhere waiting for people to go while he flex the hurricane and loot the city stores silly grin

Black men get akpor

PS: Abeg those pple quoting me to insult me na joke I dey o grin
abeg u are not far from d truth. If na me sef i go loot tire

3 Likes

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by tbliss22(m): 10:39am On Sep 09, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
chai this is an opportunity to become a billionaire if I were in Florida... I and my crew will hide one place, precisely close to any available bank with our c4 explosive, breaking tools, and enough Monday hammers to go round grin grin grin I will loot as if there is no tomorrow

Naija guys and funny mentality, hmmmm I hail u o

2 Likes

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by DarryOsh(m): 10:40am On Sep 09, 2017
Tunagee:

Am I not better off in my country, Nigeria even with all the poor leadership and insecurity that exists here. One of the worst issues humans can face is climatic problems that are disastrous. All of them in that location would end up forfeiting all they have laboured for including mortgaged homes and others valuables. how many of them can get back everything back from their so called caring govt. And these are countries Nigerians are dying to migrate to.

Ultimately, whether you are better off in Nigeria can only determined on an individual basis.

But let me tell you why the absence of natural disasters doesn't necessarily mean Nigeria is better.

The average life expectancy for an american is 79 years. For a Nigerian it is 55 years, I think this is the 7th lowest in the world (not so sure, but definitely one of the lowest).

What this means that in spite of natural disasters an American, on average, will live to be 79 years old while a Nigerian will live to be 55.We have not even talked about the quality of life.

2 Likes

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:49am On Sep 09, 2017
tbliss22:

Naija guys and funny mentality, hmmmm I hail u o

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by DarryOsh(m): 10:49am On Sep 09, 2017
dabraska:
These guys need to stop their nuclear and atomic bomb testings underground. Nature has started reacting.
Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by sukkot: 10:52am On Sep 09, 2017
yinkslinks:
Wow God bless America. See how neat and fine everywhere is.
but if you go there you will try to destroy it by doing things you do in africa over there. is it GOD that bless america or is it just that the humans there are civilised ? if africans start acting civilised will we not have the same country ? blame yourself. GOD is the answer to everything but sometimes you have to look in the mirror at yourself

3 Likes

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by Tecno66: 10:53am On Sep 09, 2017
If its naija, trust us. In attempt to escape, we would not maintain the line those vehicles are following. We would have made use of every available space including the fields and the lane for coming vehicles. Such a crazy country. I wonder whether we will ever get it right.
Explorers:
'This is a storm that will kill you if you don't get of the way'

'We can rebuild your homes, but we can't rebuild your lives' Governor of Florida

The largest evacuation in US history is underway as more than 5.6million people have been ordered to leave Florida before Category 5 Hurricane Irma strikes the Sunshine State.

The state's Gov. Rick Scott urged people who hadnot left yet to leave as soon as possible on Friday.

He warned those who plan to stay, that they may have to ride out the dangerous storm at their own risk.

He explained that the biggest concern with the powerful hurricane is the predicted storm surge that will come along with the lashing winds and heavy rains.

The storm has the potential to do $125billion worth of damage when it strikes Miami and possibly much more.

Irma has caused devastation in the Caribbean, killing at least 24 and leveling entire islands.

Extensive damage has been reported on Barbuda and St Martin, with over 90 per cent of buildings wrecked.

The storm is currently battering the northern coast of Cuba.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4867208/More-5-6-MILLION-people-ordered-leave-Florida.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by sukkot: 10:53am On Sep 09, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
All of you shouting "if it's Nigeria, this and that.." if the government tells you to evacuate your homes, will answer them? I remember before the Lekki Floods the Lagos State government warned residents about it but did they listen?. We are always quick to castigate the government forgetting naturally we Nigerians are very stubborn and would rather say "God forbid" , "It's not my portion" or go to one Church and sit-down than be proactive. Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.

Look at these photos. All I see here are bunch of Civilised people. Look at the filling station, very organized queue.but for here some una go don cut one corner to go front.

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by Cyrilpac(m): 10:56am On Sep 09, 2017
Thanks God US have a listing hear, if ít was in Nigeria who for send you. Imagine BH in Yobe state people are still going inside the forest for hunting

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by Sall(m): 10:58am On Sep 09, 2017
Explorers:
Rescue trucks can be seen rolling into the cities as residents evacuate on Friday.

I can see orderliness on the partpart of the motorists. When will Nigeria get there.
Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by Ishilove: 10:59am On Sep 09, 2017
sukkot:
but if you go there you will try to destroy it by doing things you do in africa over there. is it GOD that bless america or is it just that the humans there are civilised ? if africans start acting civilised will we not have the same country ? blame yourself. GOD is the answer to everything but sometimes you have to look in the mirror at yourself
Deep...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by LilTyRoNe: 11:02am On Sep 09, 2017
So they can prepare for some hurricane but cant prepare for the second coming of jesus Christ.SMH
Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by sukkot: 11:02am On Sep 09, 2017
Ishilove:

Deep...
lmao. sup wichu gurl. still cant get in my email. i gotta create a new one

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by muller101(m): 11:03am On Sep 09, 2017
DarryOsh:

I hope if you don't mind if I ask for further clarifications.

Since the earth is a globe, there is actually no 'west' or 'east' or 'north' or 'south'. The west, east north and south owe their names to history rather than actual locations.

Aside that, Asia (which is in the east) is very much prone to flooding and hurricanes.
north south east and west refers to the four corners of the compass or the four corners of a map .Not the corners of the globe. America has recorded more numbers of tonadoes , hurricanes than any other continent. East do not experience much of hurricanes what they face most is tsunami

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by Tecno66: 11:05am On Sep 09, 2017
sukkot:
just imagine the orderliness of the road users. If its in naija, the vehicles would cover everywhere that even the vehicle coming to town will not have a pathway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:12am On Sep 09, 2017
DarryOsh:

Government told them to evacuate? Did the government provide alternatives?

Has the government even earned the people's trust? Nonody believes the government. Why should they? Do we even have a government?

All the orderliness you see did not just happen. There is a result of long history of a society where mutual trust has been earned, between the citizens and government, and among citizens.

Still boils down to Nigerians being the problem of Nigeria. Who votes the government in?.. the Nigerian Government is the perfect reflection of Nigerians as a people.

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:14am On Sep 09, 2017
kadree:

The queue at the gas station caught my attention most. Well spaced.

So well spaced I even thought it was a parking lot.

2 Likes

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by EazyMoh(m): 11:20am On Sep 09, 2017
Funjosh:
We are so blessed here in Nigeria. No Hurricane but Floods cool

Those vehicles moving on the other lane where are they going to
Dem forget somtin.
Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by soliddust2020: 11:29am On Sep 09, 2017
emmyspark007:
I bet you there's likely a black man, probably naija guy sef chilling somewhere waiting for people to go while he flex the hurricane and loot the city stores silly grin

Black men get akpor

PS: Abeg those pple quoting me to insult me na joke I dey o grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy Guy i remember the case of houston, there was pictures showing black guys looting tv sets. black man guys no get time to help others like white man instead na opportunity to loot.

2 Likes

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by DarryOsh(m): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Still boils down to Nigerians being the problem of Nigeria. Who votes the government in?.. the Nigerian Government is the perfect reflection of Nigerians as a people.

On this point, I agree with you.
Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by EazyMoh(m): 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
Mrnairalandd:

It's taking them over 250years to get here and seriously struggling

I believed you live in this world, similar incidents have killed over 50,000 USA citizens in the last 10years.

USA and U.K are good at downplaying their situation while Africans destroyed their tourism industry by badmouthing themselves

This year alone, in Glenfell Building UK, over 500 people born to death including children in broad daylight, over 500 at a go, but guess what, the news only lasted for 2days.

I can't imagine 500 people being born in Nigeria and the news ll be done with in 2days
Thank You! This was the sane point I was trying to get LordAdam to understand, but all he could do was insult me on a similar thread.

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by Nickymezor(f): 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hmmm, its well. May God protect them all...Thank God it doesn't occur herecin Naija
Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by Daeylar(f): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

True
Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by iamtardey: 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
can someone let's know and see how our own people doing in makurdi pls
Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by Daeylar(f): 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2017
iamtardey:
can someone let's know and see how our own people doing in makurdi pls

True. But who will do so,? It's media houses, news outlets that went to get those pictures you are seeing, which media house wants to go to markurdi?

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Irma: Largest Evacuation, 6Million Are Ordered To Leave Florida(Pics) by DarryOsh(m): 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Trump Reacts To Rapper ASAP Rocky’s Release From Jail . / Top5 Men Who Might Be Richer Than The World Government: By Postingday / Zambian Currency Is Now Best In Africa After We Voted In A Good Leader.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.